America at a Crossroads on PBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AEON

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Has anyone else been watching this series on PBS? I have found it totally engaging and fairly objective (a few little jabs from the host here and there).

Thumbs Up!

I wanted to

I think it is 12 hours

I caught one hour last night

about Muslims in Holland

Last edited:
Yeah I've watched most of it. It's great.

There was an episode with Richard Perle that was amazing.

I mean, yeah he's sort of Darth Vader'ish, but I really appreciated his honesty and willing to meet with those who opposed his policies. He basically had a film crew with him and he went around and talked to people about why he supports the Iraq War to this day. He went to an anti-War rally and met face to face with people, one called him a "weapon of mass destruction".

It was very interesting, to me at least. The whole series has been pretty damn good.

U2DMfan said:
Yeah I've watched most of it. It's great.

There was an episode with Richard Perle that was amazing.

I mean, yeah he's sort of Darth Vader'ish, but I really appreciated his honesty and willing to meet with those who opposed his policies. He basically had a film crew with him and he went around and talked to people about why he supports the Iraq War to this day. He went to an anti-War rally and met face to face with people, one called him a "weapon of mass destruction".

It was very interesting, to me at least. The whole series has been pretty damn good.

I also really enjoyed the episode with the short stories from the soldiers. My wife and I agreed that it was nothing short of stunning.

I agree with you about the Perle episode. I doubt he will change the mind of anyone at this point - but I thought he certainly came across as intelligent and sincere. It made me wonder how we would all perceive the war if we had a better communicator in the White House.

Back
Top Bottom