Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
First of all, I believe in complete equality between the sexes. Now that I've cleard that up...

Alot of feminists annoy the crap out of me. What's with these women? Why do they have to be such battleaxes? I just don't understand it. I'm a firm believer that men should be very polite to women. You know, common courtesy. Pulling chairs out, opening doors etc. etc.. I've been raised to treat girls this way and it just comes kind of naturally now. I like treating girls that way. I love it when they actually appreciate it.

But then there's these females who are somehow offended by it. This I don't understand. For some reason these women feel that only a male chauvinist would do such a thing. BS. These women piss me off. Why must they completely misinterpret everything considerate, respectful guys do? When I hold a door open for a girl it's a sign of respect. When I pull a girl's chair out for her IT'S A SIGN OF RESPECT. Do you understand you slack-jawed ball breakers? Why must they take signs of respect as signs of disrespect? They don't understand men, that's why. Feminists seem to think that men only do these things because we believe they're weak and incapable. Incapable of pulling out a chair? I'm not an idiot. I've seen plenty of girls move chairs around all by themselves. I only do these things because it's polite and respectful. Morons...

And another idiotic thing feminists think: They think they're equal to men in every way. Again, BS. Men and women have different qualities physically and mentally. It's just how we were created. Men are physically stronger and they always will be. Yeah of course there's some exceptions, but very rarely. Also, most men are more level headed than women. This is true.

Is this a bad thing? No. Women are better at ALOT of things. Important things. My dad could never have raised my brother and I like my mom has. He's better at what he does, she's better at what she does. Different is good. Not everyone is the same. Just because womenaren't big and powerful doesn't mean they're unimportant or insignificant. I'm tired of this mentality that you have to be an overbearing leader to be important. It's simply not true. Heck, in the Bible it says the greatest among us are the servants. Not saying woman should be servants of course. Just making a point.

My girlfriend appreciates my courtesy very much, as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females. She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. A feminist friend of hers is constantly getting on her back telling her that that's what stupid, old-fashioned ditzy girls do. No... that's completely stupid. Girls are good at this stuff, and guys like me absolutely love it. I love it when she makes me cookies. It's more than just cookies to me, it's extremely considerate of her. It's not wrong for girls to cook or try to please their boyfriends, you stupid feminists.

In conclusion, I hate hardcore feminists. They're the spawn of hell and need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right women are illogical creatures forever (mis)guided by their emotions :wink:

Spawn of hell and extermination are a little strong though don't you think? I mean perhaps unmitigated hatred of someone that you disagree with is part of the problem.

Men and women are different, yes, there is a good reason for this (interlocking bodies are supposed to interlock). And a preemptive reply to Angelas post below that most of the extreme feminism stuff is total shit.

One must be a gentleman and treat people with respect. I suspect that in most cases the lack of civility in discourse is found by ill-mannered fools who have no respect for anybody.

Last edited:
What gives me the royal shits more than anything is the push to swap one societal role for another with women. Stop telling us what to fucking do, full stop. Dont tell us not to be mothers. Dont tell us not to be housewives. Dont tell us not to be workers or career women. Each is as bad as the other.

Empowerment and equal pay is as far as I am willing to go. The rest is all bullshit and I agree with you.

shart1780 said:
First of all, I believe in complete equality between the sexes. Now that I've cleard that up...

Alot of feminists annoy the crap out of me. What's with these women? Why do they have to be such battleaxes? I just don't understand it. I'm a firm believer that men should be very polite to women. You know, common courtesy. Pulling chairs out, opening doors etc. etc.. I've been raised to treat girls this way and it just comes kind of naturally now. I like treating girls that way. I love it when they actually appreciate it.

But then there's these females who are somehow offended by it. This I don't understand. For some reason these women feel that only a male chauvinist would do such a thing. BS. These women piss me off. Why must they completely misinterpret everything considerate, respectful guys do? When I hold a door open for a girl it's a sign of respect. When I pull a girl's chair out for her IT'S A SIGN OF RESPECT. Do you understand you slack-jawed ball breakers? Why must they take signs of respect as signs of disrespect? They don't understand men, that's why. Feminists seem to think that men only do these things because we believe they're weak and incapable. Incapable of pulling out a chair? I'm not an idiot. I've seen plenty of girls move chairs around all by themselves. I only do these things because it's polite and respectful. Morons...

And another idiotic thing feminists think: They think they're equal to men in every way. Again, BS. Men and women have different qualities physically and mentally. It's just how we were created. Men are physically stronger and they always will be. Yeah of course there's some exceptions, but very rarely. Also, most men are more level headed than women. This is true.

Is this a bad thing? No. Women are better at ALOT of things. Important things. My dad could never have raised my brother and I like my mom has. He's better at what he does, she's better at what she does. Different is good. Not everyone is the same. Just because womenaren't big and powerful doesn't mean they're unimportant or insignificant. I'm tired of this mentality that you have to be an overbearing leader to be important. It's simply not true. Heck, in the Bible it says the greatest among us are the servants. Not saying woman should be servants of course. Just making a point.

My girlfriend appreciates my courtesy very much, as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females. She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. A feminist friend of hers is constantly getting on her back telling her that that's what stupid, old-fashioned ditzy girls do. No... that's completely stupid. Girls are good at this stuff, and guys like me absolutely love it. I love it when she makes me cookies. It's more than just cookies to me, it's extremely considerate of her. It's not wrong for girls to cook or try to please their boyfriends, you stupid feminists.

In conclusion, I hate hardcore feminists. They're the spawn of hell and need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.

Hard core feminists -- like the ones who keep telling you babies do NOT come from women's stomachs? :D

shart1780 said:
She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. Girls are good at this stuff,

You have obviously never had a single thing I've cooked or baked, LMAO!

And yes, I have encountered my fair share of extremist feminists. The field I am in has been long dominated by men, and continues to be dominated by men today. In that context, it is understandable that the (relatively) few women who have made it to a comparable status may have a chip on their shoulder, but it is still excessive at times.

I think everything needs to be looked at in context. We are seeing extreme feminism in the last several decades, but for tens of thousands of years before that, we saw essentially oppression, and that's where the extremism was borne out of. So yes, while I, as a woman, would like to be an equal member in society with full rights, I do find many of today's feminist views questionable, but I also do understand why we are where we are today.

It is like colonialism - we will not get rid of its poisonous effects for maybe another thousand years. And there is reason for that.

shart1780 said:

-most men are more level headed than women. This is true.
-And another idiotic thing feminists think: They think they're equal to men in every way. Again, BS.

I'm a firm believer that men should be very polite to women.

-Do you understand you slack-jawed ball breakers?
-Morons...
-...as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females.
-...you stupid feminists.
-...I hate hardcore feminists. They're the spawn of hell and need to be exterminated from the face of the earth.

:confused:

:scratch:

shart1780 said:
Also, most men are more level headed than women. This is true.

Bullshit.

*I do agree with you on a LOT of what you said but you lost my support with that comment. But maybe I'm just letting my female emotions get in the way of logical thinking, right? :wink:

When I say equality between the sexes I don't mean they're naturally equal in every way, I mean they should have equal rights and opportunities.

And when I say I'm nice to females I mean females whgo aren't hardcore feminists ;)

shart1780 said:

My girlfriend appreciates my courtesy very much, as do most non-crapheaded... I mean feminist females. She'll do girly things for me that I appreciate very much. You know, baking me cookies, making sandwiches for us etc etc.. A feminist friend of hers is constantly getting on her back telling her that that's what stupid, old-fashioned ditzy girls do. No... that's completely stupid. Girls are good at this stuff, and guys like me absolutely love it. I love it when she makes me cookies. It's more than just cookies to me, it's extremely considerate of her.

Probably you should tell that friend of your girlfriend to get a clue. Feminism is not at all about baking cookies, making sandwiches or not. Probably that girl needs to read a few books and learn a little about the history of feminism.

I don´t believe in the modern version of light-cooked career feminism. I´m all for the same wages, but when women try to make career in a career system that was built up by men, they are just accepting the facts of this system. When a woman is a manager in a business, she will make the same, arguably sometimes even harder, decisions than men in the same position would make. I do not think that this is valuing women´s qualities, I think it´s purely adjusting to a male system. Women should build up their own career system!

An extreme example is Maggie Thatcher, I don´t see it a real triumph for English feminism that she got Prime Minister.

By the way, shart, maybe you can read up on feminism too if you think it´s "hardcore" what you´re talking about.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

Bono's American Wife said:

Bullshit.

*I do agree with you on a LOT of what you said but you lost my support with that comment. But maybe I'm just letting my female emotions get in the way of logical thinking, right? :wink:

I believe it's true. My dad owns a business and employs alot of females and I've seen how much harder it is for them to cope with stress. Alot of times he'll have to send them home because they cn't containtheir emotions and it's getting in the way of their work. He tells me this all the time as well.

Just one example.

shart1780 said:

I believe it's true. My dad owns a business and employs alot of females and I've seen how much harder it is for them to cope with stress. Alot of times he'll have to send them home because they cn't containtheir emotions and it's getting in the way of their work. He tells me this all the time as well.

Just one example.

I really think it depends from person to person. Some women can be more level headed than men. Now what you said it may be true for a lot of girls, but not all. Its like saying all irish people are drunkards. Which, of course, is not true.

Anyway, I quite like how Angela put it.:wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who can't stand hardcore feminists?

shart1780 said:

Just one example.

In 18 years of being employed, I have yet to have a meltdown at work.

I currently own and run a business with my husband. Ask him who gets more upset when we have a crisis. Sorry but the example you used above isn't going to fly with me.

Hey ladies, I say strap little shart down and cut his balls off! I hear Bonosloveslave is pretty good at the neutering!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

I don´t believe in the modern version of light-cooked career feminism. I´m all for the same wages, but when women try to make career in a career system that was built up by men, they are just accepting the facts of this system. When a woman is a manager in a business, she will make the same, arguably sometimes even harder, decisions than men in the same position would make. I do not think that this is valuing women´s qualities, I think it´s purely adjusting to a male system. Women should build up their own career system!

An extreme example is Maggie Thatcher, I don´t see it a real triumph for English feminism that she got Prime Minister.

:applaud: Brilliant hiphop.

As a side note, have you read any Wendell Berry? He makes this very argument.

I consider myself a feminist, and I don't think I'm annoying.
I believe in educating myself, working my own full load, bringing in my car to the shop, carrying my own groceries, etc.
AND I DON'T MIND when men pull out chairs, open doors, anything like that.
I am an intelligent, talented, and independent woman, and men should not fear me. I can make it on my own if men don't like me, but they just seem to adore me! :wink:
I am not insecure, and if a man at my workplace is making more than me, I do not question it, and I do not make equality an issue.
What we have here on earth equals nothing in heaven.

I agree with alot of the stuff that has been posted, especially Angie's. Don't tell us not to be housewives. Don't tell us we have to do :censored: :censored: stuff to be a "real woman" or whatever. Childbearing is not for every woman. Sometimes medical conditions make childbearing unadvisable. Chivalry dates from the Middle Ages, when a nobleman was expected to treat (aristocratic) women with extra courtesy. That doesn't make modern chivalry sexist or classist.. It's nice. I like it. It's considerate and I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I don't agree at all that "most men are more level headed than women" That is an unfair generalization. Like saying most men aren't in touch w/ their emotions or something to that effect, perhaps?

I hold doors for men all the time, because it's the polite thing to do. Some look at me like I have two heads when I do that. And I appreciate the courtesy of having a door held for me. It's just common courtesy, regardless of gender.

And that what I ask for-respect me, don't treat me as if I'm in any way inferior to you because I'm a woman, don't make sexist derogatory comments, in general don't pull chauvinist crap on me.

Much of feminism is and was necessary or women would still be suffering today in certain areas due to inequality. I'm for women having ALL the options to CHOOSE what we want to do.

The differences between men and women are interesting and fun, but we all need to be treated equally under the law, and w/ equal respect.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

. I do not think that this is valuing women´s qualities, I think it´s purely adjusting to a male system. Women should build up their own career system!

By the way, shart, maybe you can read up on feminism too if you think it´s "hardcore" what you´re talking about.

:hug: :kiss:

What's that button I used have say? Feminism is the radical notion that women are people. :)

SD

When I say "most women" I mean exactly that. Most. Not all. There's always exceptions. Alot of women are more level headed than men when it comes to stress but I'd say usually men are more level headed from my experience.

Yes, men and women generally have different mental strenghts but of course there's alot of exceptions.

Last edited:
All I have to say is, I like a man who is considerate and has manners. There is nothing wrong with opening doors and pulling out chairs for women and I think it shows class.

Sheltie said:
All I have to say is, I like a man who is considerate and has manners. There is nothing wrong with opening doors and pulling out chairs for women and I think it shows class.

I agree. I'm pretty old-fashioned when it comes to manners. I suppose it is the Southern girl in me.

Hey, shart, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets...

Sell ignorant, clueless, reactionary, misogynist bullshit someplace else--we're all stocked up here.

Felicity said:
Hey, shart, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets...

Sell ignorant, clueless, reactionary, misogynist bullshit someplace else--we're all stocked up here.

It's true my friend.

BAW

Right On! I've worked in male dominated business' for years and believe me you have to grow a thick skin and cojones to make it. I had to supervise 8 guys in the warehouse & do production schedules. It took a while to earn their respect and being cool under pressure is one way.
I also bake, like doors held open by men or women to be polite, but can be an assertive female course then you are a b***h)) as needed.:wink:

To paraphrase Bono who in turn took this quote originally from a feminist---"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle".

It's true in some aspects...in this day and age woman don't NEED men to be their protectors/providers...but we enjoy their company for company's own sake.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom