Al Gore Wants to Make a Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Last edited:
Re: Re: Al Gore Wants to Make a Sequel

BonoVoxSupastar said:

How are you so sure about this?

I just spent a beautiful Sunday with my family and friends.

The sun was shining

The sky blue

The birds was singing

The waters clear and rushing

Why?

Because I believe there is a God who made us and God is in control of the creation.

Relax

I love that Rebel from Narareth :)

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Al Gore Wants to Make a Sequel

the iron horse said:

The sun was shining

The sky blue

The birds was singing

Why?

Because I believe there is a God who made us and God is in control of the creation.

Relax

I spent a beautiful Sunday with friends and family as well and didn't see one murder or car crash, those must not exist either...:|

You gave me a non-answer, at least try next time.

the iron horse said:

The sun was shining

The sky blue

The birds was singing

Why?

Relax

And you tell Gore to get with reality? :confused:

God can fix destruction of the environment? I believe in Him and his infinite wisdom and power, but I still don't think he can do that. So we should just f up whatever we want and wait for God to clean up our mess?

The wrong we do to each other is most certainly a problem, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't focus on the Earth too. If you're disrespecting Earth as God's creation you might be more likely to disrespect His human creations too, no?

MrsSpringsteen said:
If you're disrespecting Earth as God's creation you might be more likely to disrespect His human creations too, no?

Not when you are an atheist. Then you can happily respect the earth and all that walks and lives on it just as what they are, the earth and everything that walks and lives on it. :)

But even if you believe in God, it's a questionable reasoning to think that we can just do what we want here and think that God then comes and puts everything back in order.

Vincent Vega said:

But even if you believe in God, it's a questionable reasoning to think that we can just do what we want here and think that God then comes and puts everything back in order.

Not just questionable, it's flat out ignorant and wrong.

the iron horse said:

Relax

this is the first time i think i've ever heard of God/Jesus understood of as a pair of really great maids.

i assume you pray to them for these things in Spanish?

the iron horse said:

The sun was shining

The sky blue

The birds was singing

Why?

Relax

So seeing how God made us and the Earth and heavens, you don't think he'd be a little upset if you treated his creation like it was something to use up and discard?

Yes, it is clearly Gore who needs to get with reality. :huh:

the iron horse said:

get the fields ready for planting vegetables.

And tending to a few farm animals.

Ironically, the survivalists are doing the same:

Survivalists get ready for meltdown
Jim Rawles is taking no such chances. A former U.S. army intelligence officer, he lives on a ranch in an undisclosed location with his wife (who he refers to in his blog affectionately as "the Memsahib") and their children.

Their life is almost entirely self-sufficient: They keep livestock, hunt elk and the children are schooled at home. Stored away in the ranch somewhere is a three-year supply of food.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/04/20/survival.feat/

Vincent Vega said:

Yes, Saint Paul actually talks against that line of reasoning in one of his letters to a church in the city of Thessalonica, a church full of people who were so focused on preparing for an imminent departure from this earth that they were living irresponsibly. His advice: "Get jobs, work hard, and be faithful."

It's pretty clear from Genesis that God told us to care for the earth, to tend it and look after it. Not to use and abuse it.

MaxFisher said:

This guy probably bought a generator and pulled all of his money out of the bank before Y2K.

Maybe, but this is unrelated to Y2K:

"Major retailers in New York, in areas of New England, and on the West Coast are limiting purchases of flour, rice, and cooking oil as demand outstrips supply. There are also anecdotal reports that some consumers are hoarding grain stocks.
"

http://nysun.com/news/food-rationing-confronts-breadbasket-world

^^^^^^^^^
:lol:

God might not make "everything alright" again, since "he" gave humankind freewill (yes I read the article about desicions being made unconsciously before we decide what actions to do .-- means if we screw up..... we get to learn the lessons of respect for the earth and the beings on it besides our selves--maybe is in some kind of re-go around.

(I am no longer a Catholic/Christian, not an atheist either. My concept of God is rather different now. Just saying what i've said here from the perspective of what I was taught/picked up lateron at an {ecummenical} Episcopal church . Just so you know where I'm coming from. :) )

Last edited:

the iron horse said:

Relax

"But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged , and to give their reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth .” (Revelation 11:18)

Ted Turner spilled some of the storyline. Apparently it's going to be "hotter in... 30 or 40 years," "none of the crops will grow" and "Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals."

Sounds exactly like the plot of Soylent Green to me but maybe the sfx will be better this time.

Anyway, I'll catch An Inconvenient Truth 2: Carbon Neutral Boogaloo at the drive-in from the comfort of my SUV.

the meat industry is (apparently) responsible for one of the biggest demands on our environment
so maybe Gore will talk about this in the sequel

though I sort of doubt it

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What exactly is the lost cause in this situation?

The lost cause is common sense.

We place global warming at the top of our concerns

while millions are starving and wars (and threat of war) ravage our planet

abortion is common and of no concern to many

murder of another human being does not shock

families torn apart

children without fathers or mothers

we are numb

the iron horse said:

And what you and many don't see is that if we were actually more sustainable we could reduce war and starvation.

the iron horse said:

Wrong.

the iron horse said:

Wrong again.

the iron horse said:

Yet some would rather keep these children without love due to their narrow strict definitions of what "parents" should be...:|

the iron horse said:

The lost cause is common sense.

We place global warming at the top of our concerns

families torn apart

we are numb

Global warming will have the most impact on the poor. Drought, extreme weather patterns and rising sea levels will impact the most on "third world" countries. And starvation is likely to cause more wars. Have you heard of the food riots in various parts of the world lately?

I don't undertand why people don't see that we depend on the planet being in good condition for our very existence. If we continue to treat the planet this way, what will we breath? What will we eat?

I think that those who are worried about global warming are concerned for more reasons than you seem to understand.

Global warming and yet it still snows on the west coast of the good old United States in late April/early May. :huh: Anyway, we'll probably solve global warming as soon as we find out, and successfully employ a substitute for oil.

Back
Top Bottom