Airhead America gets nutty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Airhead America gets nutty

Macfistowannabe said:

Airhead America gets nutty

Who is nutty.

These people (Bush and Cheney)
are afraid of their own shadows

Bush goes to underground bunker as false alarm briefly shakes up White House

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - President Bush was rushed from the Oval Office to an underground shelter and Vice President Dick Cheney was taken to a secure location Wednesday on fears that something had entered restricted space near the White House. Officials said it was a false alarm.

the scary thing on their radar

was a cloud

I won't defend any blatantly extreme partisan radio hacks, but the same shit storm comes from both sides.

This may have already been said. I don't know I didn't read the whole thing.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Airhead America gets nutty

deep said:

Who is nutty.

These people (Bush and Cheney)
are afraid of their own shadows

the scary thing on their radar

was a cloud
You're a funny man, Deep. Of course that had nothing to do with the thread, though.

Sounds like someone just wants to bash liberals- never mind that the Republican Party controls all 3 branches of government in this country and has the media cowed into such fearful laziness that a runaway bride gets more coverage than the Iraq debacle. Victimology doesn't suit Republicans- it looks even more fake and lame than when hyper-PC liberals do it.

Re: Re: Airhead America gets nutty

Sherry Darling said:

Any one else not get past this?
So that automatically means it's not true? What are you saying?

Re: Re: Re: Airhead America gets nutty

Macfistowannabe said:
So that automatically means it's not true? What are you saying?

Hi Mac!

Yes, that's actually at least close to what I'm saying. I know that's problematic as a general stance, but I've seen this specific source so discredited so many times that, unless there is something else to corroborate, I'd at least take it with a grain of salt.

Macfistowannabe said:
Hi Sherry! :wink:

Actually - the liberal shock jock apologized for it, so I'm pretty sure she did in fact dramatize an assassination of the president.

Here is some other fine articles on Airhead America:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~31908~2846978,00.html
http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNews/view.bg?articleid=80566
http://www.gulflive.com/opinion/mississippipress/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1114769767143070.xml
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/col/story/192671p-166266c.html

Was that ever the issue? I think the issue was Ann and many others on the right have done the same shit and gotten away with it without any apology. It's just the hypocricy of the Drudge report and media it supports.

When have I ever praised Ann Coulter? I discredit her as much as I discredit Al Franken and Michael Moore.

Macfistowannabe said:
When have I ever praised Ann Coulter? I discredit her as much as I discredit Al Franken and Michael Moore.

I didn't say that YOU did, but many of the right's "shock jocks" have.

No, actually Rhandi was in Fl and the bit was made in NY. She actually didn't know what the thing was (cause that's a break for the DJ) except the end of gunshots. She was like "what is that". She did apologize the next day after hearing the whole thing. According to the writer the guy shooting was "Average Joe" shooting his son for wanting to privatize SS. That makes sense if you listen to the jioke.

Why anyone in their right mind would like to right or left wing radio is beyond me. But these people, on both sides, are equally as bad. For everything a right wing hosts says thats offensive a left wing host does the same. It occurs more for right wingers for the simple fact that there are more right wing radio shows since more left thinking people use the web to acces their news.(as everyone can tell here at FYM, many more liberals then conservatives)

When i read something like this i think "who gives a shit?" If i wrote a article everytime some idiot made a dumbass comment then my hands would fall off!

Sometimes, you have to give attention to those who cry for it. I'm probably doing them a favor.

Macfistowannabe said:
Sometimes, you have to give attention to those who cry for it. I'm probably doing them a favor.

Yeah and in this case you probaly shouldn't. It's the right crying out for it with this article.

Macfistowannabe said:
...And a failing radio network which resorts to shock value.

Their "failing" is quite exagerrated. They fell pretty hard when they first started but have picked themselves up and are slowly being picked up by more and more markets.

Shock value has taken conservative radio a long, so I suspect that we'll probably see more in the future.

Last edited:
They currently only have 53 markets as compared to the conservative shows and thier ratings they are quite a failure.

Macfistowannabe said:
...And a failing radio network which resorts to shock value.

When Clear Channel expresses a lot of interest in it, it's not "failing."

It took MTV 10 years to be profitable. The old rule of thumb is that starting a business takes time. But yeah...we've created an economic environment that has a painfully short attention span.

Melon

madroseka said:
They currently only have 53 markets as compared to the conservative shows and thier ratings they are quite a failure.

Right-wing radio has a 20 year head start, not to mention that they're mostly AM in nature. Anything in AM means "low ratings."

Anyway, "liberal radio" already has NPR, in case people have forgotten, and it's the furthest from "nutty." But, you see, their "normalcy" means no sensational media attention and no FYM articles like this. Now you can see why media people are so sensational so much of the time.

Melon

melon said:

Right-wing radio has a 20 year head start, not to mention that they're mostly AM in nature. Anything in AM means "low ratings."

Anyway, "liberal radio" already has NPR, in case people have forgotten, and it's the furthest from "nutty." But, you see, their "normalcy" means no sensational media attention and no FYM articles like this. Now you can see why media people are so sensational so much of the time.

Melon
[/QUOTE

Is NPR publically funded? I have actually never even found it on the radio dial. Im just wondering. I mostly listen to talk radio directly from the internet. I'm not going to judge them until I hear them do they stream online?

madroseka said:
Is NPR publically funded? I have actually never even found it on the radio dial. Im just wondering. I mostly listen to talk radio directly from the internet. I'm not going to judge them until I hear them do they stream online?

It's in the non-commercial range of FM radio (between 87.5 FM and 91.7 FM). So search for it somewhere in that region. And, yes, it's partially publically funded, but also relies on pledge drives.

Actually, I was being slightly sarcastic about it being "liberal radio." It's not officially part of any party, but it generally appeals to college-educated liberals in urban areas. Like PBS, as well, each NPR station sets its own programming schedule, but airs some nationally syndicated material.

Melon

Always was amazed when right wing talk radio hijacked "counterculture" music for their bumper music.
I'd cringe when I'd hear the opening strains of "For What It's Worth" for Rush Limbaugh or "Long Time Gone" for Bill O'Reilly.
Yeah, I listen sometimes.

Don't get Air America in my little part of the country. Do they play "Cat Scratch Fever?"

Back
Top Bottom