Air America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liberals don't listen to the radio--that's why; and if they do, they listen to NPR.

Melon

I've listened to Air America a few times on XM radio, and while I do like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, et al. having some competition, I didn't really enjoy Air America. I did kind of like Al Franken, but Chuck D and Randi Rhodes and some of the other commentators were just the left's version of Limbaugh or O'Reilly. It wasn't what I would call particularly balanced or nuanced or insightful. Usually I'd lose interest after a few minutes and switch back to music.

ive often wondered why conservative commentary can be of value for everyone. conservatism has an obvious appeal for conservatives and a humorous appeal for those who are indifferent or liberal (you could call this an archie bunker syndrome, though i dont mean to suggest bunker is representative of conservatives [just some]).

liberal discourse simply isnt as entertaining-it can be informative, insightful and useful but lacks a mass attraction. i would say it is more often dismissed as 'pc junk' or something of that sort.

in ottawa, a generally progressive and liberal town, the most popular AM talk radio has a decidedly conservative and spends much of its time attacking our liberal provincial and federal governments-but i, a professed liberal, still listen when i listen to a radio.

melon said:
Liberals don't listen to the radio--that's why; and if they do, they listen to NPR.

Melon

Hi. :wave:

Gotta diasgree with ya, Melon & Koba.

I've been about a 12 year listener to our local WNYC-AM & NPR outlet station. We have stong local hosts here for the 10-12N, 12n-2p spots.

I'm thrilled to have Air America on here in NYC!

I've been really enjoying alot of the hosts comments, their guests and banter. I can do other things all while listening to radio talk {& music}. It helps make for the time I've chosen not to be reading books from the library, nor having the extra money to purchase them. I love alot of the saterical stuff they're doing. TO me it's partialy like the NYC liberal-side "up yours" to Limbaugh, Hannity, Malzberg.

Hey I'm a born/bred NYC'er and sometimes we like it loud & raucous, or snarky & sarcastic! **Plus** more quiet and thoughful dIscussions whether between co-hosts, COH & listeners, COH & guests etc.

After listening on & off with each passing year from 93 onard less & less to WABC: here our right wing radio with atforementioned air personalities, almost stopping when they kicked off {possibly in the kicked off dept}, I never saw the buzz but I was recently thinking...oh i could google this up] one of the few mildly left of center hosts thast I liked about a year plus ago- Richard Bay.

I've been able to catch up or stay more current, because I don't even have the money to buy the papers every day since my very modest extra income is spent on my artisic/artisan craft projects & get togethers with friends.

Sic'em Air America and get more truth out!!!!

It's possible that it might take a few tries before we get a strong liberal media outlet. But good luck to Air America, I hope they can stick it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom