African well fund developments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
This was posted in PLEBA, but since many of you don't go there I'm posting this. The plaque made for Bono's birthday wells has been finished and he has it! You can see a picture of it if you click on the link in my sig. Also, our first well will soon be completed in Mukini, Uganda. We hope to get pictures of this soon. Thanks for all of the support!

That's awesome, verte! :up: Do you know if any are planned for Mali? Cuz I'd love to go see one when I'm there. :D

do you mind if I ask why Uganda? Is there a particular need/political stability/resources to build in that country?

sharky said:
do you mind if I ask why Uganda? Is there a particular need/political stability/resources to build in that country?

I'm actually not quite sure. Uganda is more politically stable than other African countries. That might be it. I should know more about this. :reject: :help:

That's great, but I'd wish some were going other places. Uganda i doing relativley well. Ghana for instance could really use the help because of the civil war.

I have a feeling Uganda's stability IS why they were chosen. No sense in building wells that will be destroyed.

:)

SD

well it's all good assistance no matter where it goes if it is needed assistance. (and i'm sure it is). btw, I think you must have meant a different country than Ghana because it is one of the W. African nations that is doing relatively well. Of course "relatively well" there is still pretty bad. :(

ah right. I remember this being a point of Bono's work -- giving money to democracies and countries where they are trying to stabilize and the money won't go in to war mongers bank accounts.

We are also building in Ethiopia guys!We will be raising money to build 50 there and as far as Uganda goes we have raised money for 12 wells and we have 13 more to go there.(Our contract with Africare is to raise funds for 25 in Uganda and 50 in Ethiopia).Once we finish those we are hoping to move on to other countries who need wells too!

Back
Top Bottom