Ad's for Moore's Film Violate Campaign Laws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:
Sorry Michael but your TV Ads.....might be banned by next week.

It says it might be banned by the 30th of July:

Michael Moore may be prevented from advertising his controversial new movie, ?Fahrenheit 9/11,? on television or radio after July 30 if the Federal Election Commission (FEC) today accepts the legal advice of its general counsel.

Apparently it opens tomorrow so that leaves about 5 weeks of TV advertising left. This together with all the Disney publicity will be more than enough to convince people to watch it.

Fahrenheit 9/11 will be a big hit whether they like it or not.

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
Sorry Michael but your TV Ads.....might be banned by next week.

Actually, if it all goes as the article suggests, then the ban is from 30 July onwards (since the 'primary election' of Bush will take place on 30 August), not 30 June.

Still, it isn't sure yet, since there are some ambiguities regarding 'media exemption'.

Anyway, it should be interesting how this will end. In any case, it's more free publicity for Moore.

C ya!

Marty

I am sorry for misreading it. I saw 30 and thought next week.

Sorry Michael your ads may be banned in five weeks.

Meh, Im sure that Hezbollah can give him some assistance, maybe they can start advertising with suicide bombers?

"This scene of mass carnage was brought to you by Hezbollah, a proud supporter of Michael Moore"

Last edited:
That section of the campaign finance laws may be declared unconstitutional then, if Moore ever decided to challenge the laws.

Melon

A_Wanderer said:
Meh, Im sure that Hezbollah can give him some assistance, maybe they can start advertising with suicide bombers?

"This scene of mass carnage was brought to you by Hezbollah, a proud supporter of Michael Moore"
:|

That was called for...

Moores ads are all about distribution, Hezbollah offered to assist distribution in the ME, Moores distributor said that it wouldnt turn down such assistance. Michael Moore himslef doesn't support Hezbollah but Hezbollah surely supports Michael Moore hence in a forum about distribution problems the joke was legitimate.

Frankly I would be more concerned with politicaly aligned groups funding ads that exploit 9/11 for political advantage rather than advertisments for a film with a very overt political message and an R rating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom