Acts of Goodness, In Dark Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
I wanted to start a thread to recognize things people have done in Iraq or in the States, or the world, that you feel were selfless acts of goodness.

Regardless of where we stand on the issues, there are good people, doing selfless things to help others. I have read things, that inspired me over the past few weeks, and I am sure some of you have as well. I would like this to be debate free, but just a recognition of something you thought was a "Good Deed".

I will start it off.

Mohammad and his family committed an act of goodness.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/5552797.htmv

I LOVE that article. Amazing.

I don't know about anything that good, but it was cool to see our troops live on camera last night. After capturing 40 POW's near the Baghdad airport, they were giving them all water and giving up MRE's for each of them to eat a real meal. They were living on a wheat pancake and tea, once in the morning and once at night if they were lucky. They POW's were actually smiling talking and laughing with one another. Pretty amazing sight.

There are so many small heroes out there which will never be mentioned - a doctor in the hospital who has smuggled (embargo - remember?) the neccessary medicine inside iraq to save lifes of children...
..but the heroic killing seems to be more interesting for media :(

Klaus

Klaus said:
There are so many small heroes out there which will never be mentioned - a doctor in the hospital who has smuggled (embargo - remember?) the neccessary medicine inside iraq to save lifes of children...
..but the heroic killing seems to be more interesting for media :(

Klaus

Klaus, do you have any links to this story?

THanks.

Thanks for trying anyways! I am starting to think my idea for a thread like this is a failure. There have to be more acts of goodness that people could post.

Peace

womanfish said:
I LOVE that article. Amazing.

I don't know about anything that good, but it was cool to see our troops live on camera last night. After capturing 40 POW's near the Baghdad airport, they were giving them all water and giving up MRE's for each of them to eat a real meal. They were living on a wheat pancake and tea, once in the morning and once at night if they were lucky.

You saw Iraqi POWs on TV?:eyebrow:
Protest! Violation of the Geneva Convention on POWs:yes:

Dreadsox said:
Thanks for trying anyways! I am starting to think my idea for a thread like this is a failure. There have to be more acts of goodness that people could post.

Peace

This isn't necessarily a failure, Dread. Some more good people will be needed to organize the new government, organize the elections to bring this government about, sign the peace treaty to officially bring closure to the conflict, and much more. Democracy in Iraq is not simply the absense of Saddam Hussein, although it involves that. The Iraqi people who draft the peace treaty, the ones who sign it, the ones who lead their people to a free and prosperous Iraq--these are the important people. We can write about them as they emerge.

ALEXRUS said:

You saw Iraqi POWs on TV?:eyebrow:
Protest! Violation of the Geneva Convention on POWs:yes:

what womanfish saw only showed the troops i think.

PLEASE stop putting words into peoples' mouths.

Back
Top Bottom