A Picture worth a thousand words...or votes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
hug.jpg

How would you rate President Bush's overall job performance?
Poor 45%
Excellent 23%
Good 22%
Fair 10%
If the election were held today, who would get your vote?
John Kerry 50%
George W. Bush 47%
Ralph Nader 3%
Total Votes: 119,120
Note on Poll Results

Today's AOL Poll

Luckily I'm able to resist the urge to post pictures which should cost Bush a lot more than a thousand votes. However, I can't stop myself from pre-emptively voting this the most pointless thread in FYM this year.

Unless of course, someone comes up with the rest of this picture showing Rumsfeld hiding behind a tree with a tranquilizergun.

DrTeeth said:
However, I can't stop myself from pre-emptively voting this the most pointless thread in FYM this year.

It is not pointless, unless you think the President consoling a girl who lost her mother in 9/11 during a campaign stop is pointless.

And AOL Polls are statistically meaningless, since I can create screen name after screen name and vote all day.

[Q]"The way he was holding me, with my head against his chest, it felt like he was trying to protect me," Ashley said. "I thought, 'Here is the most powerful guy in the world, and he wants to make sure I'm safe.' I definitely had a couple of tears in my eyes, which is pretty unusual for me." [/Q]

[Q]
"I'm a pretty cynical and jaded guy at this point in my life," Faulkner said of the moment with the president. "But this was the real deal. I was really impressed. It was genuine and from the heart."
[/Q]

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/05/06/loc_moment06.html

..and for the camera. I would say the same thing if it were Kerry. It's a publicity shot on the campaign trail. Doesn't hold a lot of credibility for me.

I do think it's pointless posting random pics without even trying to make a statement or start a debate. Maybe I should start a thread with pic of a fluffy little bunny and wait for an exciting debate to evolve.

Dreadsox said:
i just hope his deodorant was working..:ohmy:

I was going to make a similar joke but opted to stay with the jaded cynical approach people have come to expect from me. :wink:

DrTeeth said:
I do think it's pointless posting random pics without even trying to make a statement or start a debate. Maybe I should start a thread with pic of a fluffy little bunny and wait for an exciting debate to evolve.

never know it might make a good thread...they taste like chicken.

joyfulgirl said:

I was going to make a similar joke but opted to stay with the jaded cynical approach people have come to expect from me. :wink:

It has been a while since there was a fun thread in here,.....

Thousand words....hehe...deodorant.

joyfulgirl said:
..and for the camera. I would say the same thing if it were Kerry. It's a publicity shot on the campaign trail. Doesn't hold a lot of credibility for me.

Me neither.

Even if it did, so what if he's a nice guy (though I don't think you have to be particularly nice to be affected by something like that, just normal....)? Does that make him a good president?

Dreadsox said:

never know it might make a good thread...they taste like chicken.

In fact, it has a very distinct taste from chicken. Nothing like roasted rabbit with alioli...:drool:

The ones that I ate growing up tasted like chicken, although my dad always seemed to burn it...what kind of rabbits did you eat?

I agree, meegie. Being a nice guy doesn't mean a damn. Anyone would console a child who had lost a parent. That he did it on camera doesn't make him a better man.

The man is a simple-minded, warmongering, homophobic fundamentalist bigot. He can hug all the little children he wants. I'm sure Michael Jackson and Catholic priests have done the same.

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for Bush or even the GOP at this point.

Here's a better picture:

0402241954571.jpg

I will not forget the lies this man has told and his unabashed support for second-class citizenry of homosexuals.

Melon

LOL.... just a slit behind the neck and they fall right out and onto the grill.

I just love what you had to say Melon!!!!- my thoughts exactly, now, I want to know where are the pics of Bush consoling the millions of homeless people that reside on the streets of your country or an Iraqi child who has lost their parents by way of war fare???- thats right, these images dont make for good publicity:huh:

I think a good point has been made here: that Bush can be a nice guy and still be unfit for the Presidency. I really do believe that Bush is a decent person, and I hope he retires to Crawford and lives a happy, safe, simple life away from public eye...starting in January 2005.

JUST being a nice guy doesn't mean one would make a good President. A compassionate man consoling a sad child is a beautiful gesture, but by that argument any priest at my college, my dad, my grandfathers, my fiance, and my male friends would all be equally good candidates for President. Which is to say nothing of the fact that there are lots of nice women out there, many people say that the "niceness" of these women DISqualifies them from being President.

sigh.

Lets not drag this topic into the murkey depths of moral relitivism between a child that has had his family killed in a US bomb or a child who has had limbs amputated to force a confession from their parents. Both are barbarous, we have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Dreadsox said:
The ones that I ate growing up tasted like chicken, although my dad always seemed to burn it...what kind of rabbits did you eat?

I never ate rabbit growing up. I had never tried until I got to Barcelona a few years ago. Its really common here.

What kind are they? I don't know...I'd have to look it up. But they don't taste like chicken at all (if you don't burn them!).

meegannie said:
(though I don't think you have to be particularly nice to be affected by something like that, just normal....)?
that about sums it up for me

I am willing to believe this was all sincere and he would have done it even if there wasn't a camera around
it would be inhuman not to

if you can get votes because you are not inhuman
then I'm going into politics tomorrow
(well, tomorrow is saturday
so lets say next monday)

Salome said:

I am willing to believe this was all sincere and he would have done it even if there wasn't a camera around
it would be inhuman not to

I agree with this...I do think it =votes in some parts of the US.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but I saw the girl on the news this morning, and her Father took that picture. He had just told the President how much he still missed his wife. That's who Bush was looking at-her Father, because they were speaking. Her Dad just wanted to try to quickly snap a photo to preserve the memory for her..he e-mailed it to some friends and family, so somehow it became public after that.

I don't like Bush as a President, but I appreciate that picture for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom