A parsonal responce to" WTF is going on in Israel today???"...(pleaes read!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MEMHPIS-EVE 007

The Fly
Long long tima ago,In a Galaxy far far away.
Can I have everyone`s attention for a second please?!?!?! Thank you!
smile.gif

NOw...I`ve red some of the posts on that very long thread but not all of them. Therefore I`ll be making a wild guess by saying that I`M THE ONLY ISRAELY ON THIS FORUM!!!
That`s why I though it would only be fair for me to speak out! and I wanted to make it a seperate thread so everyone can see it and respond to if they wish .

First of all my birthplace is russia. MY mother and I imigrated to Israel when I was 6 years old (Now I`m 18.5). I didn`t choose to live here, and personally I don`t like it much here. In three months or so I have to serve the Israely army for 2 years, otherwise I`ll go to jail. I woun`t be a soldier (although I can) I`ll just be doing some secretary work and...that`s about it! I`ll be wearing uniform and working a a secretary!!! Ruff job I know...
I said I don`t like it here well mainly because:
1.I can`t go out on a friday night with my boyfriend to a bar,it might explode!
2.I cant go buy a buss cause it might explode also so I`m taking a taxy (4 times more expenssive... still cheaper that keeping a car here!)
3. There haven`t been a rock concert here since 1998`s garbage concert!just local bands and that`s rearly...
4. The Goverment coraption just crosses every possible border!!! U think Argentina is bad...I`m saying here is much worse only not many people speak out about it.
ANd I can go on and on about it/ but still :
THIS IS WHERE I LIVE, GREW UP ,AND HAVE A SITIZENSHIP! ALL MY FRENDS ARE HERE (MOST OF THEM WERE BORN HERE...) MY LIFE IS HERE!!!

All those people(And I don`t nessecary mean the forum people here).. who automaticly make everyone who live here an ARAB HATING NAZY ,YOU ARE WRONG! We are people also, and we die everyday... we`re scared! Me and other people I know ,we like U2 ,we have the same posters on the wall as all of you, listen to same songs, some of us seen them live, we have same t-shirts! we`re just kids!!! We don`t kill Arabs everyday in our free time U know!
TO all of you who said that SHaron Is a Jerk you`re right! He is slowly ruinning this country and not just in world public opinion but from the inside. We have people dying of hunger while others make millions every month of their back. We suffer enough just by living here!
ANd it`s important for me to say that I don`t hate arabs(or palastinians) and I was friends with a few for a long time when I was younger. I think that the things that are done to them buy our ARMY is HEDIOUS!!! You`re all right, it`s their country, we`re there illegaly!
BUt please, Try to seporate the way my goverment works from the actual people who live here and have very little in what aventually happens.
We can speak out and we do ,believe you don`t know how much (I was a political activist in the "peace now" movement not along time ago!) BUt it doesn`t help. And those DAMM terorists are not helping us!!!
I belive the Palastinians have the same problem we do while their goverment and the leading terorist (Who want`s to become a shahid himself...please be my guest!!! just do it in a people free area!) Mr. Yaaser Arafat! Wants blood and war, the people just...want some peace of mind a a safe place for their kids to grow up in!

SO the only thing I`m saying here is please don`t judge us because you`ve never canceled a friday night plan in your live because you were scared to die of an explodion , and don`t make us all rasist fashists cause WE`RE JUST PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LIVE PEACEFULLY!(some of us atleast...)ALthought many hold Sharon`s opinion a BIG part of us don`t (...and AlthoughI object to my goverment`s palecy but I can somehow understand those who support it...) It`s to bad that world doesn`t see it and judges all of us! Aspecially those JEWS who NEVER EVEN LIVED IN ISRAEL!

That`s all I have to say... Hope I expsessed myself well ,my english is abit rusty.

Long live U2 and peace on earth!!!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

That's exactly why I didn't get involved in that post other than reporting the news as it was coming to me. Because I knew there's no way that every Isreali hates Palestinians and vice versa.

Memhpis---I really want to talk more with you if that's ok. You can email me at LillyU2@hotmail.com if you want to.

Memphis, I sympathise... I really do. You and the countless of others like you will always be in my prayers.

Ant.

Memphis, Last night I met a man from Palestine and he told me exactly what you did. Americans are taught to believe the Arabs are evil and that Israel is good. Some of us can understand that both governments are wrong, but our media sources do not report as such.

Stay strong. Or, better yet, get your family and friends outta there! I don't think there's anything ANYONE can do, so save yourself and your loved ones. Nobody should live in fear of being blow up while going to a bar or dance club. Nobody.

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
I think Rainbow who posted in the other thread is also from Israel
smile.gif

Thanks for remembering me
wink.gif

Actually I don't think many people saw what I wrote because it was on the third page...

Basically I wrote about an Israeli point of view in the matter, about what it's like to actually live here, without getting into politics, because to tell you the truth - I just don't care anymore. I just want to be able to go to places without being afraid of getting killed, that's all... And I'm afraid that's not the situation these days.

The problem is I'm afraid it's just gonna get worse... And frankly I just can't see a way out of this situation.
Well, let's just hope for the best
smile.gif

Bless you both Rainbow and Memphis EVE, my prayers are with you.

Thank you for your honest and very sincere post Memphis.

Thank you, Memphis and Rainbow for your points of view. I used to want to visit Israel myself; unfortunately my Malaysian passport forbids it. Take care.

foray

The problem is that Hamas and Hezbollah and other asshole clubs want to eliminate the state of Israel and all of the so-called "Infidels" from the area. The idiots think that if they continue their campaign of cowardly suicide bombings, everyone will sympathize with them and say "Hey, you're right! Non-muslims shouldn't live in this area!" Little do they know, MANY Palestinians, Christian and Muslim alike, disagree with this logic.

Stay strong, MemphisEve & Rainbow, and I hope I can visit the area some day.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by Rainbow:
And frankly I just can't see a way out of this situation.

Well, let's just hope for the best
smile.gif

The way out will occur when one side is eliminated.

Yes we will be hoping for the best.. Prayers and thoughts to you to.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 04-06-2002).]

Originally posted by Lemonite:
The way out will occur when one side is eliminated.

Yes we will be hoping for the best.. Prayers and thoughts to you to.

L.Unplugged

Calling for genocide is not the answer.

Shame on you.

------------------
?Economy is the basis of society. When the economy is stable, society develops. The ideal economy combines the spiritual and the material, and the best commodities to trade in are sincerity and love.? Morihei Ueshiba

Originally posted by chain:

Shame on you.

Ah.. Chain.. I remember you, If you want to twist my words into such statements, Then Delude no one but yourself.. As you know quite well that that is not what I am writing (It's just what you want me to be writing).. Maybe Eliminate is not the correct word.. 'Soundly Defeated', 'Rendered Obsolete', 'Beaten'.. would be better substitutes.. However, If you feel that peace can be achieved right now.. "Before a Quote Unquote War" Begins, Then you are fooling no one but yourself. Peace is achieved.. and determined by the victors.. Until there is one such Victor.. I feel that peace will not be achieved.. If you feel otherwise, then post your opinion.. that's all.. I posted an article by Rush with very close to the exact same sentiments in the other Israel Thread.. Read over there if you want more information and evidence backing up my claim.. However, I do not want to get into whatever sort of Battle you are trying to stir up...

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Danospano:
Americans are taught to believe the Arabs are evil and that Israel is good. Some of us can understand that both governments are wrong, but our media sources do not report as such.
B]

you know, im not a huge reporter or anything but you really are not being fair here either. unless you really think we are all under a conspiracy theory, the media does not intend on misguiding people. in fact, from what ive seen (i live in canada mind you) there has been far more sympathy with palestine than with israel. i think the media has done a wonderful thing with presenting the story, the sides of the story, not their own version of it. sometimes that will get mixed up by accident, others on purpose. but to say americans are taught to believe arabs are evil is rediculous. you present no proof of such anywhere, you just say this off your cuff.

if you want to throw the media in one basket, then organize your own eggs and make sure you are 100% fucking sure of what your talking about.

------------------
-deathbear

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT PEOPLE, IT REALY MEANS A GREAT DEAL TO ME!!!
I WITH THE WORLD WOULD FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT IT.

ANd SHALOM Rainbow , nice to meet another Homeland Israely! (Me Eifo ata?!?!)
I didn`t see your post but I will go and read it.

Foray ,U know that`s interesting because sertain people (Aspecially those who were in the intelegence section in the army...)
Can never visit seratain countries sauch as malasyal ,Albania, Somalia (Did I spell that right?!?!) and a few EX Comunist countries...
What do U Think that is?! Never thoguht about it...

THANK U ALL AGAIN...

U2 FOREVER AND PEACE OF EARTH!!!

------------------
"And there`s no mountain to high ,no river to wide. Sing out this song and I`ll be there by your side.Storm clouds may gather and storms may colide...
I love you untill the end of time.
Come what may! I will love you until my dying day!"

MOULIN ROUGE

Shame on you.

I don't think Lemonite was calling for any sort of genocide, he was but being fair, if slightly cynical, however; he DOES have a point and indeed it is valid. What IS the way out, until one side has been eliminated? Genocide isn't being called for here, it is being recognised; look around you and the situation of Israel/Palestine harder; it already IS genocide, and it looks like it will continue to be so.

Ant.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
you know, im not a huge reporter or anything but you really are not being fair here either. unless you really think we are all under a conspiracy theory, the media does not intend on misguiding people. in fact, from what ive seen (i live in canada mind you) there has been far more sympathy with palestine than with israel.

Hey Zoomerang, I agree with you. I'm sick of hearing how the media in N. America are biased towards Israel. I live in Canada and there's far more sympathy and coverage for the Palestinian cause here then for the other side. I don't know what the hell they're talking about...

Memphis - sorry to hear about your fears... i hope i never experience anything like that in my life.

Unfortunately, there are lots of innocent Israelis and Palestinians who get hurt - and that's the most disgusting part.
Also, it's hard to achieve peace once bloodshed happens on both sides. You know, just as it's wrong of Israelis to hurt civilians in payback actions it's wrong of Palestinian extremists to kill civilians. It just gets mixed up in this spiral of violence that isn't going to get anyone anywhere...

This conflict has been going for so long, who's to say if there's a way to end it? Even if Palestinians should get a state someday?

Memphis-Eve and Rainbow--thank you for sharing your experience with us. Stay safe.

Peace for all, this shows that one thing is the people of any country, and that another thing are the governments or states.

People is what matters, always.

Thak you for sharing, and hope peace comes soon.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by U2girl:

This conflict has been going for so long, who's to say if there's a way to end it? Even if Palestinians should get a state someday?

U know U2Girl ,I ask that myself every day!
I`m one of the few Israelians who believe that the palestinians should have their oun countryand that the alnd has been taken form them not It might bring a temporary relaxation but for how long?! In the worst case they`ll become a country, build a strong army and the attac us again as a country. It`s just so confusing! BECAUSE THEY DO DISERVE UNDIPENDENCE!
After all, if we do then they do to!

[This message has been edited by MEMHPIS-EVE 007 (edited 04-09-2002).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
If the Palestinians do get a state someday, it is my fervent hope that Yassir Arafat is not the head of the Palestinian Authority at the time. I am convincd that the man wants nothing less than the destruction of the state of Israel.

Shame on you.

He's not advocating genocide, he's being extremely cynical and pessimistic.

I think there could be another way to peace than I stated in my earlier more pessimistic and nihilistic post about the total annihilation of both the Israeli and Palestinian people, but that would need to come from international intervention. Which for some reason Israel doesn't want.
Now this solution is very simple and probably also very naive, but I want to know what's wrong with it:

* Israel will retreat its army and its settlers from the occupied Palestinian areas
* Get a corridor between Israel and Palestina guarded by international armed forces to protect both the Palestinian and Isreali people
* A treaty will be signed (we will not attack each other)
* Breaking this treaty will have to cause serious sanctions from the international community

Also....it might just help not calling either Sharon or Arafat a terrorist or an asshole, no matter is they are or are not.

Originally posted by Vorsprung:
I think there could be another way to peace than I stated in my earlier more pessimistic and nihilistic post about the total annihilation of both the Israeli and Palestinian people
I can't find a post in which you said that. Did it get deleted or something?

I think there could be another way to peace

Now this solution is very simple and probably also very naive, but I want to know what's wrong with it:

* Israel will retreat its army and its settlers from the occupied Palestinian areas
* Get a corridor between Israel and Palestina guarded by international armed forces to protect both the Palestinian and Isreali people
* A treaty will be signed (we will not attack each other)
* Breaking this treaty will have to cause serious sanctions from the international community

Also....it might just help not calling either Sharon or Arafat a terrorist or an asshole, no matter is they are or are not.

That truly would work, however, the Palestinian leadership would have to be one that is looking for peace, one that is looking to develop their country rather than just live with the sole goal of eliminating Israel, which is what is present there at the moment.. Arafat has shown time and time again he does not want peace in any shape or form.. Only when he's cowering under an elementary school's desk does he Yell for peace.

I'd be interested to hear more about what sanctions you could slam on what would be a 'Palestinian State'... In my idiotic ways, I'd dare ya to find an 'Economic' way to sanction them...

With 2nd Most Winter Olympic Medals,
L.Unplugged

Is that tre??? Do they really want that?? Does Arafat really wants that. Well, maybe he personnally would be pleased if that happened, but do the palestinians want to give up there chance for peace for that. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon is happy when all Palestinians would be annihilated. Sure, many Israeli and Palestinians hate each other, and both have enough reasons to do so, but that hate alone isn't enough. They also are realistic enough that neither one of them will leave the region. But you will have to trust each other a bit. Saying the Palestinians never want peace is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Back in 1988 Arafat stated that they do want peace on the base of resolution 242. Now you may not believe him, but you have no proof for not believing him (remembering that Israel so far never complied with the demands of resolution 242) and as I stated before will only lead to more violence

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Now you may not believe him, but you have no proof for not believing him (remembering that Israel so far never complied with the demands of resolution 242) and as I stated before will only lead to more violence

No Proof?.. I haven't got the time to compile a list of articles with information, but just a few years ago, with the Peace Convention.. (I forget the name).. but anyways, Arafat was practically offered the world, everything that a man with the intention of peaceful living would desire, and he turned it down.

L.Unplugged

Back
Top Bottom