"a new ideology of evil"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
I'm going to a performance of some Turkish Whirling Dervishes tonight! Yes, they are in Birmingham!:drool: :drool:

good for you

homeland security
barred them before

i am glad they got in.

enjoy

Irvine511 said:

why? what's the hang-up over that single word -- "marriage"?

i applaud your support of civil unions, but why fussing over what we call it?
Because many people believe that marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman. Why upset those people when you can still give equal rights to gay couples? I think both sides are hung up on the word marriage, although I believe it's between a man and a woman.

verte76 said:

There's no way the statement would have been put out without the Pope's approval.

Really? With a frail, hospitalized pontif, I would not be surprised by a small group underscoring policy with such pronouncements.

nbcrusader said:

Really? With a frail, hospitalized pontif, I would not be surprised by a small group underscoring policy with such pronouncements.

The guess here is that it is approved by the Pope. This isn't exactly the first time this pope has made a statement to this effect. By the same token, when the pope is in the hospital having a damn tracheotomy who knows what's going on in the Vatican?

Last edited:
Love is natural

A man can love a man, a woman can love a woman, a woman can love a man, a man can love a woman

Marriage on the other hand is a man made thing, and need not exist.

Woman (w)
Man (m)

Marriage (x)
Love (y)

The reality is:

m + w = y
m + m = y
w + w = y

But marriage can only be:

my + wy = x

That is discrimination!

This should be allowed:

wy + wy = x
my + my = x

My underlying point is that

y = x
love = marriage

w's and m's should never be an issue when it comes to talking about x

And I don't take the bible as gospel and personally, i think it is just another fantasy book and I don't let it have any influence over my life, so, if I was gay, why should I put up with crap marriage restrictions that the bible and its worshippers put forward. No way, I'd rather revolt than accept such blatant bigotry and discrimination.

"My Bible," the one I am intending to write, will discuss the issue of marriage in more detail.

intedomine said:
Pope is a moron

This is the kind of thing that denies me hope for all of mankind, yes what the pope said may have been wrong imo but you and anyone else in this thread who personally attacked the man is no better, has he not done many good deeds aswell though, tell me he hasn',t more than you have probably, I mean we cannot take the moral high ground over him at all,

I believe there is a mindset here to see who can be the biggest liberal, I'm not against any group of people except those who are purely ignorant against others, I'd defend the someone who is a decent human no matter be they straight, gay, man, woman or transexual, I find that many here need to look beyond some people archaic believes to see that a good human being essentially is there, sure how I can preach I'm far from perfect but alot of you are being purely reactionary for a reason you feel the need to conform to, hey maybe how the old hate the sin not the sinner here

I'm sorry for those you have keep this civil incase I create an arguement but un needed bashing is not a good thing, I don't agree with any arguement against same sex marraige but I felt the need to speak here

Last edited:
I just want people to take some heed of my post, I feel that I make a great deal of sense atleast sometimes:wink:

I have just never been lumped in as being a raging liberal trying to outdo others in this forum.

I'm sorry if I was generalising but I've done it myself trying to be the bigger liberal than the next guy which is pure stupidity, I'd expect to be flamed biblicly for sugguesting that sort of thing but I find it true and people who proclaim the pope is an asshole is pure ignorance, I'm certain they might of thought of Ghandi as a prick:|

ZeroDude said:
This is the kind of thing that denies me hope for all of mankind, yes what the pope said may have been wrong imo but you and anyone else in this thread who personally attacked the man is no better, has he not done many good deeds aswell though, tell me he hasn',t more than you have probably, I mean we cannot take the moral high ground over him at all,

Here's the difference: the "Pope" and the entire Vatican, for that matter, almost literally put themselves one step above man and one step below God. So when they talk, they don't talk in "opinion." No, they claim to represent "God's will."

When I hear such an arrogant old man speak vile and hateful things, I have every goddamn right to call him on it, because you know what? He does the same exact thing on a regular basis.

I lament the fact that the shit that Poop spouts off on a regular basis is the reason I left the Catholic Church. When he dies, I will not mourn his death.

Melon

melon said:

Here's the difference: the "Pope" and the entire Vatican, for that matter, almost literally put themselves one step above man and one step below God. So when they talk, they don't talk in "opinion." No, they claim to represent "God's will."

When I hear such an arrogant old man speak vile and hateful things, I have every goddamn right to call him on it, because you know what? He does the same exact thing on a regular basis.

I lament the fact that the shit that Poop spouts off on a regular basis is the reason I left the Catholic Church. When he dies, I will not mourn his death.

Melon

I'd bet there is a sizable difference between the number who will "mourn" his death and the number who actually accept and follow what he teaches.

At least you are honest about your feelings on this.

To Melon

I'm sorry but your coming across as an arrogant person yourself and when you make arguements your points don't seem to be greatly validated by describing the situation as the Poop spouting shit. It seems to me ridiculous that we're in my opinion turning the tables on the world religions and judging them from the outside and at this we'll end up like them contradictory and foolish, it's all a bit of a vicious circle really and I'd like to have everyone at peace but we'll stop ourselves so it seems

You sure are making a lot of judgements on people in here today. It's very clear you haven't spent any amount of time in here or you wouldn't have said half the things you have.

^
Fair enough it's just the vibe I got from this thread that most people were pointlessly bashing the pope with personal attacks which is just childish anyone with good arguements et al fair play what he said was wrong, sorry for wasting time then

ZeroDude said:
^
Fair enough it's just the vibe I got from this thread that most people were pointlessly bashing the pope with personal attacks which is just childish anyone with good arguements et al fair play what he said was wrong, sorry for wasting time then

Interesting.....that isnot what I got from it....but to each their own.....

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day,
On the bloody morning after....
One tin soldier rides away. "

BonoVoxSupastar said:
"Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgement day,
On the bloody morning after....
One tin soldier rides away. "

*Random: Our school choir did that song back in...10th, 11th grade, for a pops concert. Good song, good message*

Anywho, back to the topic at hand...

Angela

ZeroDude said:
To Melon

I'm sorry but your coming across as an arrogant person yourself and when you make arguements your points don't seem to be greatly validated by describing the situation as the Poop spouting shit. It seems to me ridiculous that we're in my opinion turning the tables on the world religions and judging them from the outside and at this we'll end up like them contradictory and foolish, it's all a bit of a vicious circle really and I'd like to have everyone at peace but we'll stop ourselves so it seems

you're, as in 'you are'. Sorry, but I get like that when it comes to spelling and grammar. :reject: Anyway...

So, are you saying that nobody should question faith? That we should take everything taught by whichever Church/group/movement we are interested in, at face value? That we, as individuals and as connected members of national, and global society, should follow dogma, like unthinking sheep? That we shouldn't develop our own moral standards, but should stick rigidly to orthodoxy?

I ask you this (apologies for the Blairesque phrasing there:ohmy:). What is the point in accepting everything one religious organisation preaches, if it means nothing to you personally? Faith is a wonderful thing, and also a very personal thing. We need to follow our own paths, not become blind.

(Yes, I was mostly raised at Church of England schools - I'm still able to think for myself.)

Interesting that the sooner the Vatican releases its latest verbal assualt on homosexuals, the Pope falls ill a day afterwards....

Maybe God is trying to tell us something.

FullonEdge2 said:
Um hello? The Bible condemns homosexuality!

If you're not a Christian, then that's fine, but if you are, I don't see what your argument is.

Grow up. I went to church school for many years. Bigotry is bigotry.

ZeroDude said:

I believe there is a mindset here to see who can be the biggest liberal, I'm not against any group of people except those who are purely ignorant against others, I'd defend the someone who is a decent human no matter be they straight, gay, man, woman or transexual, I find that many here need to look beyond some people archaic believes to see that a good human being essentially is there, sure how I can preach I'm far from perfect but alot of you are being purely reactionary for a reason you feel the need to conform to, hey maybe how the old hate the sin not the sinner here

I'm sorry for those you have keep this civil incase I create an arguement but un needed bashing is not a good thing, I don't agree with any arguement against same sex marraige but I felt the need to speak here

Haha I knew that my spur of the moment post would have got at least one Interferencer all heated up against such a simpistic statement.

Indeed, I maintain anger towards the Pope, on his bigoted, almost selfish stance against gay marriage.

Anyone who considers homosexuals as a "second rate" and not deserving of the same rights as heterosexuals (eg. marriage based on love), posess a "moronic" mindset in my opinion.

Yet although, as was evident on a documentary shown down under a few weeks ago based on the Pope's life, he has done numerous good deeds (concerning his desire for world peace and disdain towards the poverty and political strife in Africa), I still despise the bloke for his views regarding homosexuality.

I mean, what does the guy want? Sure he encourages peace amongst religion and race, yet his persistent stance against homosexuality suggests that he couldn't care less about bringing about peace between sexualities.

It's like walking down a street and interfering when a Catholic is bashing up a Jew, but as you walk on you later see a straight man bashing a gay man, but letting such abuse continue.

The Pope just adds fuel to any hatred that could exist between sexualities.

I'm not following this love and support of the pope here. What the hell is so grand about him perpetuating division and hatred toward homosexuals? People have mentioned his good deeds. Well boo fucking hoo. He's the bloody pope, you'd hope that SOME of the basic principles of God and love and all that caper would have sunk through his thick skull. No one is here to argue or discuss what good he does, it's the bad. Is he essentially a good man? You know, I doubt it, but I dont know him so any response is not with certainty, but I do doubt it. I dont think it is a great or good person who believes so fully in keeping gay rights off the agenda. I think it is actually pretty fucking appalling. Too bad the person we are discussing happens to be the head of the Catholic Church. And him being sick is too bad, it doesn't exonerate him.

ZeroDude said:
I'm sorry if I was generalising but I've done it myself trying to be the bigger liberal than the next guy which is pure stupidity, I'd expect to be flamed biblicly for sugguesting that sort of thing but I find it true and people who proclaim the pope is an asshole is pure ignorance, I'm certain they might of thought of Ghandi as a prick:|
not ignorance, just the opposite. he thinks he knows all because he is the pope, therefore, we evaluate his stupidity and bigotry and come to the conclusion that he's a phony. ghandi wasn't a prick by the way. you should know better than to make that call.

Back
Top Bottom