A lawsuit in the making or were the police just doing there job? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who is responsible?
The police, she should have never been left alone 2 22.22%
The lady she tried to escaped and accidently strangled herself 2 22.22%
I'm not sure, I need to examine all the evidence 5 55.56%
The police is a little responsible, but I don't think this warrants a wrongful death lawsuit. 3 33.33%
I don't care, but how about those Az Diamondbacks? 2 22.22%
I think the woman's family are going to try and exploit the situation. 2 22.22%
Diamond, I love your thought provoking threads! 2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #21
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:04 PM
Yeah, she definitely was. I'm not going to say whether it seems the police had reacted appropriately or not as that is impossible to do so with such a news story. This is almost a textbook quality case for highlighting the problems which I know are faced by police here, and seemingly is the same for your various lots, too. I don't think there's one particular side you can take in these kinds of things, to be honest. It shows not a shortfall of the police, but the system they are required to work under. The crossover with injured, ill and sick people should not be a police domain, but it's expected to be. How is a cop supposed to assess the risk of self injury to an out of control person who may or may not have drug/alcohol issues and mental health issues? How can a cop determine a fellow who has been in a pub brawl doesn't actually have a subdural haematoma and is at risk of dying in a holding cell in the next 2 hours (or 2 weeks, 2 months, or however long the particular injury is destined to take to stop brain function)? These things happen - and they happen at a frequency more common than we might think. The responsibility of someone in custody is solely that of the police, but obviously it is under the proviso that they are equipped to manage it.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:04 PM
Exactly right every case has circumstances.

It's a quite sad, sadder when the injured look for millions of dollars in compensation, saddest though for her babies that will never see their mom again.

It's tricky anyway that you look at it.

dbs