A Big Win for Boeing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Government Accountability Office sustains the U.S. planemaker's complaint and calls for a review of the contract that went to rival Northrop Grumman.

Indeed. Boeing obviously has more money and influence than Northrop Grumman.

I live in Mobile and was looking forward to better job opportunities offered by Northrop Grumman and the new steel manufacturing plant being built just north of Mobile.

But because Boeing (how dare they give it to someone else) thought they had it wrapped up in the first place, had to pad some pockets in Washington to use their influence to force the GAO to give Boeing another shot to comply with what Northrop Grumman already won the contract with.
Washington DC. Nothing surprises me anymore.

A Big Win for Boeing

Citing "a number of significant errors" by Air Force officials that "could have affected the outcome" of the heated competition, the Government Accountability Office urged the Air Force to reassess its needs, reopen discussions with the companies, reevaluate their proposals—and make a new decision. The Air Force has 60 days to say whether it will reopen the competition or make other changes.

Nothing Boeing is claiming is grounds for overturning a legitimate winning bid. It's sour grapes because they can't believe it was awarded to someone else.

I'm pissed..

ETA: The Air Force isn't bound by the GAO's ruling and could take a month or two to decide its course of action. A document obtained by BusinessWeek indicates Air Force officials feel they made the right choice, for the right reasons, and with minor exceptions, by following regulations. The choice of Northrop was "reasonable, lawful, and valid," Air Force lawyers wrote in the conclusion of a 154-page "Post-Hearing Brief" they filed May 16 after Boeing presented its case and the GAO heard testimony from witnesses.

Appeals of large government contract awards by losing vendors are actually quite common.

Common yet so very unfair.

Why is the right to appeal a government contract award unfair? It helps maintain integrity in the contracting process. Halliburton and its no bid contracts is an example of what happens without that right.

Appeals of large government contract awards by losing vendors are actually quite common.

I realize that. What makes me mad is that Boeing wanted the Air Force to change the specification requirements just to meet their bid. (Let's not be so safe, and save some money) Still do for that matter. That's the reason they lost to NG in the first place.
I have a feeling it's going to go Boeings's way. I heard not long ago on CNN Lou Dobbs was talking about it being an outsourced job. People loosing jobs to overseas companies, blah blah blah. Like Boening doesn't have manufacturing plants all over the world.

And, yeah, Halliburton suck's on so many level's. I can't take enough blood pressure medicine to get started on them.

Common yet so very unfair. :rant: I am pissed right along with you Sue!

Thanks love. :rant: good use of that smilie.

Back
Top Bottom