9/11: The most over-rated thing ever? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2002, 05:49 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:33 AM
Well, see, my dad and I were talking today...and my dad said that if you want to remember 9/11 in your own private way, that's fine.

But as a nation...devoting the entire day to coverage of the event will only get the terrorists out there even more excited...that's what they want is for us to make a big deal over that day, it's giving them the attention they wanted.

Angela

Old 09-19-2002, 12:00 PM   #162
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Re: 9/11: The most over-rated thing ever?

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
Is it just me or is Sept.11 way over-rated? Now, I know people died and building collapsed and stuff but don't you think America has taken it too far? I just saw a commercial for a book about 9/11 called The Day the World Collapsed. I think America (not really the people of America) want the world to pity them so much. People call 9/11 the greatest tragedy to America in the last 100 years. That isnt the real tragety though. The real tragety is in the streets of America where people are being raped, kidnapped, killed, and more EVERY SINGLE DAY. So is the reason 9/11 is so important is because someone else other than America itself has caused the trouble?
i sort of agree with the sentiment but not the flippant way to put it.

it is a disgrace the way on sep11th all the papers had like "12page pullouts on the day the world changed from your sharing caring newspaper". Bullshit. they just want to sell more papers.

i also dont agree with the word "overrated". there are americans attacking each other on the streets every day, murders robbery, rapes. But we dont see this on tv-"out of sight, out of mind" anyone??

also, even tho americans have every right to feel violated or whatever, this indignation is disproportionate to the indignation felt at the stuff that goes on there every day on the streets. What, so its ok for americans to do shit to each other but not other people??

and nobody ever mentions the stuff america did to afghanistan etc.

but it was a horrible horrible tragedy, the lives of thousands of INNOCENt people were destroyed. And therein lies the tragedy.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:02 PM   #163
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony

A good, valid point. It is my belief that tragedies can not be 'overrated' as such, its that other tragedies are 'underrated'.

Ant.
very well said
Old 09-19-2002, 03:02 PM   #164
Refugee

Local Time: 12:33 PM
I think anthony should win a FYM award on this forum. No matter how he feels, he always tries (I think) to look at both sides of the situation. He sometimes seems like a ref on here. He is one of the only people here that can sort things out between two sides. Get what I mean?
Old 09-19-2002, 04:43 PM   #165
Refugee

Local Time: 06:33 PM
yeah sometimes a ref needs to come in and stop a fight when one side is getting beaten up so badly
Old 09-20-2002, 06:18 PM   #166
Refugee

Local Time: 06:33 PM
It is the media that determines the impact of a tragedy.

And the fact is that 11th September 2001 was the biggest news story since the end of World War II.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:52 AM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
I think anthony should win a FYM award on this forum. No matter how he feels, he always tries (I think) to look at both sides of the situation. He sometimes seems like a ref on here. He is one of the only people here that can sort things out between two sides. Get what I mean?
Yeah, Ant is