9/11 - Four Years On...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
It's already 9/11/05 in a lot of places and will be everywhere real soon, making it the fourth anniversary of the attacks, so...

A moment of silence for all lives lost on that day...

I think it's time to move on. There is no reason to cry about it today.

:|

A moment of silence, sure, but you can spend your energy a lot more efficiently than in greif. And I suppose I have all the reasons to say that, at least within my own life- making that statement to myself, if to no one else...

For Honor said:

:|

A moment of silence, sure, but you can spend your energy a lot more efficiently than in greif. And I suppose I have all the reasons to say that, at least within my own life- making that statement to myself, if to no one else...

Umm...well I'm pretty sure that this thread IS for a moment of silence for the innocent people who died on 9/11, not "spending our energy" in grief.

But then again, that's just my interpretation of:
A moment of silence for all lives lost on that day...

This is my first 9/11 outside of NYC and it feels so weird. In NYC, the city would get this depressing haze a day or two before as we all knew the anniversary was coming up. Living in Indiana, it all the sudden seems to have snuck up on me. I guess alot of it has to do with the fact that no one here really understands the way a New Yorker would.

In some senses, it feels like this one is easier but at the same time, a bit harder because you don't have the other people around you that can relate to it all. I feel like I can put it behind me in a sense and I don't know if I feel comfortable about that. It's good to go on and be a bit further away, but it feels like I'm forgetting those people now and that day now. I dunno, things just feel weird when you don't have 7 million other people that understand how you feel and can commiserate together.

For Honor said:

This thread is not going to be allowed to turn into a debate on the appropriate way to remember those who died on September 11th 2001.

We've had remembrance threads for many other tragedies and people showed enough respect not to derail those threads with a debate about the tragedy being remembered. This thread should be no different.

Please show some respect to those who wish to quietly remember the victims of September 11th and avoid turning this thread into another debate.

Thanks,
*Fizz.

It's starting to fade for me. It seems so long ago....so much has happened since then. I thought it would never fade. I remember watching it unfold with such horror. I rarely cry and I didn't cry while it was happening, but three weeks later, I just broke down at my desk at work. I was devastated for over a year. But now.... It is going away. I won't watch the ceremonies today. I don't think I'd feel much watching them. I don't know if that is sad or healthy.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

This thread is not going to be allowed to turn into a debate on the appropriate way to remember those who died on September 11th 2001.

We've had remembrance threads for many other tragedies and people showed enough respect not to derail those threads with a debate about the tragedy being remembered. This thread should be no different.

Please show some respect to those who wish to quietly remember the victims of September 11th and avoid turning this thread into another debate.

Thanks,
*Fizz.

Thank you :sad:

BonosSaint said:
It's starting to fade for me. It seems so long ago....so much has happened since then. I thought it would never fade. I remember watching it unfold with such horror. I rarely cry and I didn't cry while it was happening, but three weeks later, I just broke down at my desk at work. I was devastated for over a year. But now.... It is going away. I won't watch the ceremonies today. I don't think I'd feel much watching them. I don't know if that is sad or healthy.

I dont think that its sad.You will never forget 9/11 for that day will always be a part of us.Time allows us to deal with pain and sorrow.

i couldn't reach my brother that day until much later in the afternoon. i was so scared. i knew he worked in the city, but i wasn't sure where. he had to walk home, across the bridge to brooklyn. he saw those buildings fall. i finally got an email from him. three words, "i am safe."

too many were not as fortunate. :sad:

Such pain.
I live in California, and that morning we where watching Toy story with my 2 year old daughter...so the news was not on. Around noon, my brother in-law came in to visit and after about an hour he asked "So what do you think about NY?"........and I said"what about NYC?"......."You haven't seen the news yet?...OMG...."

When I changed the channel to CNN, they where showing the towers on fire (I did not know that they had collapsed yet)......and then they came down.

I can not describe the feeling that morning.

I have only cried twice from watching something on TV, the attacks in NYC and the Shuttle's first shuttle explosion.

I just held my daughter on my harms....for a long time.

BonosSaint said:

I'm the exact same way...I'll never forget...but I don't feel the same pain that I used to when I think about it. Maybe it's because we're in the midst of a crisis right now and so I'm focused on that, maybe I've become callous, I don't know. However, when I do see the video of those planes I feel the same anger that I've felt over the last 4 years. But not pain.

For Honor said:

I can't agree with that... I'm from a country without memory, and it is a shame to forget the innocent people who were victims of the violence.

so, I will dedicate a minute of silence, not only for the victims of the 9/11 attacks, but for the victims of the violence in colombia and all over the world.

The Disciple said:
Somehow I knew this would descend in2 a political thread...

lets not try and stir up stuff in here, this just isn't the thread for it, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom