80sU2isBest...where is he?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
We never agree on anything, but is it just me, or has he not been posting lately...? And if so, why? He's a nice guy, even if we don't see eye to eye on much of anything.

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Oh, never mind. I just saw him in the Jesus thread.

Hi there.
smile.gif

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
Oh, never mind. I just saw him in the Jesus thread.
Hi there.
smile.gif
Hello. Thanks for the kind words. We do hardly ever agree, but I like you also.

Where are you from 80's?...

Are you a Sapphire and Tonic Fan?...

Do you chant the 'Salt Salt.. Where's My Fucking Salt', during Margaritaville?...

Are you a member of Rush 24/7?...

What are your thoughts (Since I remember you asking about Powell) on the whole mess that is going on with Powell and the White House administration.. Specifically Rumsfeld and his defense department?...

Later, Bro,
L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Where are you from 80's?...
Do you chant the 'Salt Salt.. Where's My Fucking Salt', during Margaritaville?...
Are you a member of Rush 24/7?...
What are your thoughts (Since I remember you asking about Powell) on the whole mess that is going on with Powell and the White House administration.. Specifically Rumsfeld and his defense department?...
Later, Bro,
L.Unplugged
Howdy, I'm from Texas.
During Margaritaville, I'd be more likely to be chanting "Hey, you told me this was limeade!"
I am not a big fan of Powell, to tell you the truth; from his pro-abortion views to his stance on the middle east. I'm more of a Rumsfeld man.

Hey 80s, ever been to Marfa? I was there recently. Very interesting little town--or, rather, very interesting people in that little town. And I saw the Marfa Lights!

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:

Howdy, I'm from Texas.
During Margaritaville, I'd be more likely to be chanting "Hey, you told me this was limeade!"
I am not a big fan of Powell, to tell you the truth; from his pro-abortion views to his stance on the middle east. I'm more of a Rumsfeld man.

Hahha.. And did someone say you can't tell a joke.. I liked the 'Hey' part inclusion...

L.Unplugged

This is turning into the "80sU2isBest Behind the Music" thread.

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Hey 80s, ever been to Marfa? I was there recently. Very interesting little town--or, rather, very interesting people in that little town. And I saw the Marfa Lights!
Where is Marfa?

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
This is turning into the "80sU2isBest Behind the Music" thread.
Wouldn't that be boring...

Interviewer: Mr. 80s, what music inspired you own songriting?

80s:Well, that would be U2...but not just any U2...80s U2.

Interviewer: So you really like U2.

80s: Yes, but especially 80s U2.

Interviewer: Do you like 90s U2 at all?

80s: 80s U2 is Best.

Interviewer: Do you like any other bands?

80s: I like ABBA and ASIA, but of all U2 music, 80s U2 is Best.

and so on and so on...

Let's just say that fame was like a drug, but what was even more like a drug was the drugs.

and the slide started when a certain friend named Lemonite slipped me a margarita though I had ordered a limeaid.

pax, I never went to rehab. Don't you remember that I patented the new method of getting off drugs? Listening to "Gloria" 24 hours a day for an entire week.

speedracer, did you make up that funny comment? Twas a riot!

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Where is Marfa?

West Texas...near Big Bend...you never heard of the Marfa Lights? Mysterious glowing lights on the horizon? Three things put Marfa on the map: the filming of the movie "Giant," the Marfa Lights, and the artist Donald Judd.

http://www.marfalights.com/

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 05-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom