80sU2isBest, I hope I didn't ......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
upset you, piss you off, hurt your feelings, etc.

Ya know, with all the "OMG you don't worship U2 like the rest of us" *faint, faint* stuff.

I say this because I haven't seen you around much lately.

I hope all is okay with you and that you've just found some incredible gal to keep you better company than us boring old 2 dimensional people can.

Seriously, I need as many conservative friends around this place as I can get.

Are we "good" (as the kids would say)???

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

No worries, O2. I wan't offended in the least by your comments. It is odd that someone on a U2 forum doesn't regard U2 as his very favorite band. There are some bands I like better, but I do enjoy U2's music very much.

I've been pretty busy. I do have some gal that I enjoy being with very much. She's one of my best friends, and we'll never be more than that. But that is a-ok with me, because I'm not looking for that with anyone. I just enjoy her company very much. She's very kind and considerate to me (not to mention the fact that she's every bit as conservative as I am!).

sunflower.gif
Glad to hear we are good, 80's.

And I won't ask "why not" about your friend, but I do wonder. She sounds lovely.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Originally posted by Like O2:
sunflower.gif
Glad to hear we are good, 80's.
And I won't ask "why not" about your friend, but I do wonder. She sounds lovely.
Thanks, O2. I will satisfy your curiosity about my female friend. We've known each orher for about 3 1/2 years. At one point (well, at 2 points, actually), I had romantic freelings for her and she didn't for me. Well, that caused some serious problems, so I knew that either I had to change my feelings or lose her as a friend altogether. It took a little while, but I was able to channel the love i had for her into a friendship, even "brother-sister" type love. She'll make a good wife for some lucky guy. But one reason that I know marriage wouldn't work out between us is because we annoy each other sometimes, and when I get annoyed or hurt by a girl, my reaction is to suddenly clam up and sulk (I'm not this way with guys; if a guy annoys me or hurts me, I let him know). Well, she hates this reaction. I tried to change some things about myself for her, but that only made matters worse, because she never asked me to, and it was very transparent what I was doing. I have changed some things that needed to be changed through my relationship with her, but other things are just who I am, and I should never have tried to change who I am in order to win a girl's heart.

And here I thought it was because you called her "some gal".
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Klodomir (edited 09-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Klodomir:
And here I thought it was because you called her "some gal".
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Klodomir (edited 09-09-2001).]
Naw, we call each other names all the time! I even get a particularly funny-sounding "Jerk" sometimes!
But it's all in jest. She's a really nice person.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 09-10-2001).]

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
...about my female friend....At one point I had romantic freelings for her and she didn't for me. Well, that caused some serious problems, so I knew that either I had to change my feelings or lose her as a friend altogether. It took a little while, but I was able to channel the love i had for her into a friendship, even "brother-sister" type love.

80's ~ I'm not sure about this....I mean why would you want to continue to have a relationship with her if it couldn't ever develop into anything more than a friendship? I'm guessing you both have other friends, family and loved ones who need your time and attention...so why put the effort into this relationship?

This may be way too personal, so please don't answer if you don't want to. But I'm really curious about this and would like to hear your viewpoint.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 09-27-2001).]

There is always some degree of "sexual tension," but I think that to not want to continue a friendship simply because there was no chance of something more is unfortunate and a bit selfish. If I had decided to simply walk away from some friendships because I knew that we'd never get together, I'd probably be pretty damn lonely by now.

Platonic friendships can be great, as long as you both understand the bounds of it and are ok with it. Admittedly that can be a rare thing to have, but definitely not impossible.

Originally posted by Diemen:
There is always some degree of "sexual tension," but I think that to not want to continue a friendship simply because there was no chance of something more is unfortunate and a bit selfish. If I had decided to simply walk away from some friendships because I knew that we'd never get together, I'd probably be pretty damn lonely by now.

Interesting insight, Diemen. I'm glad you've kept your friends and aren't lonely.

I have many male friends whom Im not attracted to in the slightest. I never really got this 'men and women can't be friends' thing.

Surely other girls have male friends they arent attracted to?

I dont mean to butt in but I have a lot of male friends that are just friends and there is no sexual tension (at least not on my side..lol ). Some of my best friends are men and I think of them as brothers.

------------------
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I dont mean to butt in but I have a lot of male friends that are just friends and there is no sexual tension (at least not on my side..lol ). Some of my best friends are men and I think of them as brothers.

I think I should clarify that I also have some very good female friends and there isn't any romantic tension there (there may have been in the past, but not now).

Originally posted by Like O2:
80's ~ I'm not sure about this....I mean why would you want to continue to have a relationship with her if it couldn't ever develop into anything more than a friendship? I'm guessing you both have other friends, family and loved ones who need your time and attention...so why put the effort into this relationship?
This may be way too personal, so please don't answer if you don't want to. But I'm really curious about this and would like to hear your viewpoint.
Actually, it's quite simple. It's teh same reason I want to continue a friendship with anyone. I enjoy her company, and she brings good to my life.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Actually, it's quite simple. It's teh same reason I want to continue a friendship with anyone. I enjoy her company, and she brings good to my life.

Thanks to all who posted today, you guys reaffirmed my thinking. See, it's always been easy for me to be really good friends with guys.

(O2 is a gal for those of you keeping score at home)

I never thought it was a problem, I figured a good friend is a good friend regardless of which side of their shirts their buttons are on.

But recently this idea has been questioned, leaving me a bit uncertain if being close to guys as friends only was "fair" to all concerned. So I'm glad to know that others feel this same way.

80s, thanks for your post and BTW, ya better get your butt in your car and come to the Austin show....you seriously need to move U2 up your fav list and this concert would do it, I'm sure!

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Back
Top Bottom