8 out of TEN or TEN in 80????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer, no need to get so excited. I openly stated that you are not a racist. I just warned you that your wording contained some elements which may be interpreted like that.

A_Wanderer said:
In truth there is no single book that I have read, all I have done is become immersed in the goings on in the world specifically related to the GWOT and read up a lot about the ideological influences of the jihadists and terror groups.

You assume so much about what I have and have not read. I have not read one single big book on Islam and decided that it is some sort of rotted out carcas of a death cult,

I´m not assuming :lol: You mentioned a book you had read about Islamofascism. A couple of months (or even a year or two?) ago we were discussing about the term Islamofascism, if I remember correctly. You quoted one book which (you said so) has influenced you deeply and you really made up your mind about Islamofascism when you read that book.

Thats what I was referring to.

Which single book? I have referenced numerous books on the subject before.

I have no recollection of stating that one single book allowed me to make my mind up, hell I might as well pull up the book thread which may be the one referenced.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Which single book? I have referenced numerous books on the subject before.

I have no recollection of stating that one single book allowed me to make my mind up, hell I might as well pull up the book thread which may be the one referenced.

No it wasn´t the book thread, the book thread is new.. it must have been more than a year ago, I think. Forget it, its not that important... why bother.. you just stated that book influenced you a lot. It could be in a thread where I asked you where you found the term Islamofascism.. but I can´t really remember.

Well I have changed my mind in regards to the term Islamofascism, it is not specific and it is far too broad. Upon reading more about the history of these groups in ICG reports I changed my mind quite a bit, specifically in regards to the ambition and nature of groups in different regions, there is a line between nationalist conflicts that have relgious overtones and the all out apocalyptic vision of Al Qaeda.

Rohan Gunaratna's Inside Al Qaeda was the first book that I was able to pickup on the nature of Islamist terrorism and arguably the most influential.

Back
Top Bottom