3 year-old takes bus to go see movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
Wow!...what a kid!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154949,00.html

A little boy just really, really wanted to see a movie.

The New York Post reports that a 3-year-old from Queens set off a massive search Wednesday after he slipped out of the house, hopped a city bus and snuck into a showing of the computer-animated movie "Robots."

"He's pretty smart," his stepbrother, Kareem Williams, 16, said of the boy, Clarence Ricky Davis Jr. (search)

Ricky, as his family calls him, got out after his father fell asleep and while Kareem was at Home Depot buying a new door lock because the family had discovered that Ricky could let himself out.

A block away, Ricky caught a bus, paying the fare with his own money, and rode 3 1/2 miles to a multiplex cinema.

"He's really an amazing kid," his mother, Sherrie Williams, told the Post. "He is a brave little sucker to take the bus by himself. Kids are much brighter today. I couldn't go anywhere by myself until I was 7."

When Kareem came back, he noticed that Ricky was gone, and police quickly began a search.

It didn't last long, however, because an alert security guard at the movie theater had spotted the errant youngster.

"He walked in with a woman, but she told me, 'That's not my kid,'" said the guard.

The guard followed Ricky, learned how he got there, told him to enjoy the movie, then called the cops.

"For a lost kid, he sure was calm," the guard said.

Ricky's father was charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

This is almost as weird as the four year old who snuck out with his mother's car in Florida to go to the video store. The next generation is going to be a little nutty. They have a thing for those movies, sneaking out at such a young age.

i guess he just wanted to really see a movie :wink:

my brother, when he was 4, couldnt find me in the arcade we were in, thought i went home, and took off by himself and went home, through intense traffic we have in the busiest avenues we have in the capital, he went 2 miles by himself. i used to do similar things. kids are A LOT smarter than you think.

I don't think the father should be charged. If anything, he should be praised for belonging to a gene pool that produced such an intelligent child.

Ricky, as his family calls him, got out after his father fell asleep and while Kareem was at Home Depot buying a new door lock because the family had discovered that Ricky could let himself out.

oh, the irony.

i don't agree that the father should have been charged with child endangerment. clearly, the family was aware that little ricky was smart enough to sneak out and they were in the process of doing something to stop it. kids will be kids, and ricky certainly seems like a smart little cookie.

Back
Top Bottom