3 questions. Just trying to understand.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2fan42

The Fly
1. Why are so many people against Israel? I'll admit that they have committed quite a few unethical acts, but if you were a country who's neighbors have sworn that they will not rest until all of your people are dead, wouldn't you also go to extremes?

2. Why do people feel that the US should not go after Saddam? He is trying to acquire nuclear weapons. Do you honestly believe that if given the opportunity, he would not use them on Israel and the US? The guy is a ruthless tyrant. I don't think that Bush is the greatest president, but Saddam has to go.

3. Why do people like Clinton? He's a con-artist!!!

I'm not one of these ultra-conservative psychopaths. I try to be as moderate and reasonable as possible, but I just feel that liberals can be so naive. Someone please help me understand.

U2fan42 said:

I'm not one of these ultra-conservative psychopaths. I try to be as moderate and reasonable as possible, but I just feel that liberals can be so naive. Someone please help me understand.

no. this is not acceptable. no more generalizations on anyone's part. PEOPLE are naive, be they liberal, centrist, conservative. so while i'm going to let this thread go on i want to stress this:

NO MORE GENERALIZATIONS WILL BE MADE IN THIS THREAD. IF ANYTHING COMES OUT THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED IMMEDIATELY.

no more.

lilly.

people make generalizations about everything in life, unless they know everything, so if you don't want generalizations, then shut your cake holes

Lately I've been pondering the following words from the Bible and wondering if it could have any any value at all in our current situation.

If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Looks like the Bible is a very naive book, eh.

foray

we don't want arguing which seems to generally stem from the sweeping generalizations that are made on this board.

no more "every liberal is naive" "conservatives are closed-minded."

no more.

lilly.

I'll try to be friendly and correctemundo .........

1) HATE

2) MONEY

3) Theatre

Set The Controls To The Heart of the sun

set the controls to the heart of the sun

I'm not against Israel in general, or for any reasons of anti-semetism.

However I feel that their actions are ridiculous. I've said it before and I'll say it again, suicide bombings are terrible evil things, but the Israeli response is always disproportionate: a bus is blown up by a suicide bomber - Israel brings out the gunsips and bombs the hell out of illegitimate targets (mostly around Arafat).

Everyone sees that the only solution to the problems between Israel and Palestine is the creation of a Palestinian homeland, so why dont they just accept it already and save some lives on both sides.

Back
Top Bottom