2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #981
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Now I see why he didn't address my questions. I'm not ladylike enough.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
What was your question again? My main issue is with this Axver character who has always come across as a self righteous know it all. Can't say I'm surprised though, the people from that little country at the arse end of the world generally come with massive chips on their shoulders.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #982
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akann View Post
What was your question again? My main issue is with this Axver character who has always come across as a self righteous know it all. Can't say I'm surprised though, the people from that little country at the arse end of the world generally come with massive chips on their shoulders.
Oh look, conveniently ignore the legitimate responses to your posts (I notice you completely ignored the fact that opposing abortion does nothing to actually reduce the number of abortions, which, if as you say, they're murder, why wouldn't you want to support policies - like those that Democrats have historically supported more than Republicans - that would reduce them?) and focus on insulting people based on where they're from.

I will say that you aren't alone in acting poorly, but it's a bad look to already be slinging insults around on your first trip into FYM. You're on really, really thin ice.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #983
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 AM
im surprised you've all been baited so hard by this. it's so low effort. next week maybe we'll get a "dirty browns all want to behead every white man in the streets and rape and enslave every white woman cuz allahu snackbar #maga" type in here and really spice things up.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #984
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Being pro life is now being sexist? If I had my way, every woman who has consensual sex and then gets pregnant but chooses to have an abortion, will be sentenced to life imprisonment. It's no different to murder. Unless you can prove to me that it's not killing and a life is not being extinguished, then I don't see how you can be supportive of abortion either.
In your own words, you're OK with murder if the woman was raped? That seems inconsistent.

As for my own beliefs, abortion is not murder. It is a medical procedure.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #985
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

It's obvious this poster has no intention whatsoever to have a discussion. The biggest takeaway from all of this is that Trump has fooled folks into believing he's actually "pro-life".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #986
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
im surprised you've all been baited so hard by this. it's so low effort. next week maybe we'll get a "dirty browns all want to behead every white man in the streets and rape and enslave every white woman cuz allahu snackbar #maga" type in here and really spice things up.

I believe that's "aloha snackbar."

Ignoramus.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #987
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Ignoring the blatant trolling, as so many have said after the debate, there is NO SUCH THING as a 9-month abortion. It's called a c-section. My God, do we need such basic education now? Like, there are people who think that you can scrape out an 8 pound baby like a D&C. Christ on a bicycle.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:33 PM   #988
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Ignoramus.
please don't talk about my anus like that. he knows what's up.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #989
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

and I thought BigMac was bad.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #990
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
and I thought BigMac was bad.
It's no Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #991
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Assuming he's not trolling, why argue with this guy when the gulf between our definition of murder and his is absolutely enormous? You're not getting anywhere with somebody that steadfastly thinks his opposition is a gang of bloodthirsty murderers.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #992
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
*Reads previous pages*

So...moving on...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-con...164531084.html

Quote:
In discussing the third and final 2016 presidential debate with Fox News Radio host Alan Colmes, Babin defended Donald Trump’s decision to turn to the audience while Clinton was speaking and interject: “Such a nasty woman!”

“You know what? She’s saying some nasty things,” Babin replied.

“You think it’s appropriate to call her a ‘nasty woman’?” pressed Colmes, a liberal political commenter.

“Well, I’m a genteel Southern gentleman, Alan,” the GOP congressman maintained.

“So does that mean no?” Colmes said.

“No, I think sometimes a lady needs to be told when she’s being nasty,” Babin said.

“Oh, really?”

“I do.”
Total mystery why this party is struggling with female voters. Yep.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #993
45:33

Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Don't for a minute pretend that the feminism of today is what you have just described. It's become something completely different now, where men are held to a much higher standard. Take the Tostee trial for instance, the reporting in the mainstream media have targeted the fact that he was a bit rough with her in his drunken state but conveniently ignores her violence towards him. Today's feminism doesn't seek equality, it seeks a lot more rights for women than men. It sickens me.
This bullshit claim is the bread and butter of militant, sad, pathetic MRAs. If your masculinity is so threatened it says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about feminists.

Quote:
Have you been to NZ? Trust me, you will agree with me once you have.
Answer the question sicko.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #994
45:33

Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
*Reads previous pages*

So...moving on...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-con...164531084.html

Total mystery why this party is struggling with female voters. Yep.
Something I find really strange is the Venn diagram of conservatives' views of women. There's a bloke I follow on Twitter who has written articles bemoaning the lack of chivalry in today's society, which, okay, if I humour you I can see the merit in.

They all think they're such gentlemen for their "women and children first" stance.

Except they're the same men who think women's roles in society is to bear children, cook, clean, be seen and not heard.

They will thumb their nose down at me for not holding a door open or taking the prettiest girl to the ball as if I'm some sort of monster, but fuck those women if they want to get an abortion, or equal pay, or not stalked right?
Old 10-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #995
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Something I find really strange is the Venn diagram of conservatives' views of women. There's a bloke I follow on Twitter who has written articles bemoaning the lack of chivalry in today's society, which, okay, if I humour you I can see the merit in.

They all think they're such gentlemen for their "women and children first" stance.

Except they're the same men who think women's roles in society is to bear children, cook, clean, be seen and not heard.

They will thumb their nose down at me for not holding a door open or taking the prettiest girl to the ball as if I'm some sort of monster, but fuck those women if they want to get an abortion, or equal pay, or not stalked right?
It's easy enough to reconcile for these people, since to them women are objects. They exist either for men to demonstrate their virtuous qualities as "nice guys", or to act as a pretty ornament attached to your arm.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #996
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:

Bingo. It's patronizing and incredibly hypocritical.

Another example is the right's hand-wringing about women possibly being attacked in restrooms in relation to the whole transgender thing. Their "concern" has a really uncomfortable air of, "But how will these poor fragile women be able to defend and protect themselves?!" about it that seriously rubs me the wrong way and tends to speak MUCH more to their obvious discomfort with people not following their stereotypical view of how men and women are "supposed" to look.

The whole attitude kind of reads to me like that description of "nice guys" who do all these superficially "gentlemanly" things, stuff they think men are "supposed" to do for women...while secretly having not so innocent underlying reasons for doing them.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #997
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:16 AM
Quote:
This bullshit claim is the bread and butter of militant, sad, pathetic MRAs. If your masculinity is so threatened it says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about feminists.

Answer the question sicko.

Moderator, are you going to publicly shame this poster the way you did me and issue him with a warning as well?

As for cobl04, I really do pity whoever your friends and family are for having to deal with a pretentious and self righteous wanker on a daily basis.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:18 PM   #998
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:16 PM
I love the word wanker. We Yanks need to use it more.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #999
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I love the word wanker. We Yanks need to use it more.
It's a particularly good accompaniment to rooting.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-21-2016, 08:35 PM   #1000
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Nasty is winning