2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #881
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:59 AM
I think I misspoke when I said Trump is "somewhat coherent" in an earlier post. He's going off with his usual ramblings and interruptions.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #882
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Trump has absolutely no self-control whatsoever. He's proven that over and over and over again. Any attempts to stay calm and on topic last, like, a minute, at best with him.

Also, can someone explain to him how the internet works? 'Cause he keeps saying that all these examples of him mocking and insulting various people aren't true, even though we have it all on record. We have video evidence. We can go to his Twitter feed and find exactly what he's said about various people. Own up to the shit you said, dude, for cripes' sakes.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #883
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:59 PM
That "what a nasty woman" interjection is sure to get some traction.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-19-2016, 10:48 PM   #884
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 09:59 PM
I thought Trump was doing alright for a bit, but he went all the way off the rails by the end. It got out of hand.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #885
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I thought Trump was doing alright for a bit, but he went all the way off the rails by the end. It got out of hand.
She was so good getting under his skin. Not that it's that hard. The Emmy line was great.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 PM   #886
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Trump is not a master debater.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 10-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #887
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

Trump had his way with the clown pussy posse during the Republican debates. Now he's 0 for 3 on the national stage. It speaks volumes about the current Republican Party.

Gawd I hope they learn this time.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #888
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
He did start reasonably well. He needed the debates to be 30 minutes long, no chance he can hold it together for 90.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #889
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm not entirely sure Trumpists understand the damage that his refusal to accept the results does to the country and perceptions abroad.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #890
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Can't wait for how this will play out the next time the US is involved in monitoring an election somewhere.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-19-2016, 11:38 PM   #891
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

See: Gabon, for example.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #892
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Trump is not a master debater.

Ahh, but is he a cunning linguist?
Old 10-20-2016, 12:06 AM   #893
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Tactical voters in Utah might want to vote for Evan McMullin now that he has a way better chance of taking the state instead of Clinton...either way, it's just a chance to humiliate Trump even more as it won't really have an effect on the electoral outcome.

Would not shock me if this guy announcing and winning Utah in less than a three month span leads to him contending for the Republican nomination in 2020. I mean, he technically did better than any of the primary contenders other than Trump.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:19 AM   #894
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I'm not entirely sure Trumpists understand the damage that his refusal to accept the results does to the country and perceptions abroad.
I wasn't aware that the election had already happened, guess I must have missed that!

Have you asked anyone 'abroad' for their views, as a matter of interest?
Old 10-20-2016, 12:20 AM   #895
45:33

Local Time: 04:59 PM
🙋🏼

Old 10-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #896
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I am extremely disappointed with this whole election. It is a disgrace that we no longer have a media that presents the news in an unbiased manner. It is a disgrace that Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. It is a disgrace that Hillary is the Democratic nominee. It is disappointing that I have more accurate news from #Anonymous than from our own media. It is a disgrace that in a year with all of the issues - immigration, common core, police and black lives in peril, debt, poverty, the insanely high prices of college, individual debt, housing affordability........... This is what we are left with ...... TOPICS THAT GIVE THE MEDIA RATINGS...... nothing more........ I am thankful to be on the down slope of my life, because this place is going straight down the drain like the Democratic Mobile dumped it yesterday.

AS for FYM..... how many people with conservative ideas left..... and why? Maybe the forum is reflective of society, nobody really enjoys the debate and everyone believes they have the answer so why engage. Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and Newt Gignrich were successful because despite their differences, they were able to find common ground. Maybe its more fun to hang with people who are of like mind?

Anyway - I am voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but he does seem to have some integrity. Bill Weld was a good Republican in Massachusetts, but the national party ran him out for not being conservative enough. Anyways.....back into my box.
Thank you. You speak for many.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #897
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
10 years ago we also had virulent homophobes posting here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...m_of_the_press
Old 10-20-2016, 01:10 AM   #898
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I am extremely disappointed with this whole election. It is a disgrace that we no longer have a media that presents the news in an unbiased manner. It is a disgrace that Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. It is a disgrace that Hillary is the Democratic nominee. It is disappointing that I have more accurate news from #Anonymous than from our own media. It is a disgrace that in a year with all of the issues - immigration, common core, police and black lives in peril, debt, poverty, the insanely high prices of college, individual debt, housing affordability........... This is what we are left with ...... TOPICS THAT GIVE THE MEDIA RATINGS...... nothing more........ I am thankful to be on the down slope of my life, because this place is going straight down the drain like the Democratic Mobile dumped it yesterday.

AS for FYM..... how many people with conservative ideas left..... and why? Maybe the forum is reflective of society, nobody really enjoys the debate and everyone believes they have the answer so why engage. Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and Newt Gignrich were successful because despite their differences, they were able to find common ground. Maybe its more fun to hang with people who are of like mind?

Anyway - I am voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but he does seem to have some integrity. Bill Weld was a good Republican in Massachusetts, but the national party ran him out for not being conservative enough. Anyways.....back into my box.
Coming back to this post - I am bothered by the fact that, in the first part, you are seemingly trying to make an equivalency between Trump and Hillary by saying that it is a disgrace that they're both the nominees. There is no equivalency.

Trump is a laughingstock on the global stage - the very notion of being an 'American' having taken a hit because we made this guy the nominee of one of our major parties - a pathological narcissist, who is dangerously uninformed about foreign affairs, is insistent on pushing a strongman, authoritarian style of 'leadership', has for over a year fanned the flames of racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia, paranoia, panic, and general fear in his supporters, and is now openly threatening to not accept the results of the election if he loses. He is such a political poison that large swaths of elected officials in his own party either support him in the least full-throat-ed way possible, don't support him at all, or are actively campaigning against him.

Hillary has her own issues to be sure, and it's not like I agree with her on everything, but they simply don't compare to what she's running against, and I simply cannot use the word 'disgrace' to describe the act of having nominated someone as intelligent, informed, competent, qualified, experienced, and prepared as Hillary for President. To try to make any equivalency is frankly a huge insult to her. IMHO.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:30 AM   #899
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
He is such a political poison that large swaths of elected officials in his own party either support him in the least full-throat-ed way possible, don't support him at all, or are actively campaigning against him.
US Democrats/liberals can't have it both ways.

In the one hand we are invited to believe:

(1) GOP = terribly bad peeps

AND, on the other hand, also

(2) Because Trump is criticised by some GOP'rs, THEN that means that Trump must be dreadful.

There seems to be a bit of a logical failure here, wouldn't you have thought? You seem to be suggesting that conservatives are terrible if they vote for Trump, but that they're lovely people when they criticise Trump.

Also, as a matter of interest can you explain why it is that you think that you have the right to speak for the 'global stage' (whatever the 'global stage' even means)?
Old 10-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #900
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:59 PM