2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #881
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
RockNRollDawgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 3,544
Local Time: 12:59 AM
I think I misspoke when I said Trump is "somewhat coherent" in an earlier post. He's going off with his usual ramblings and interruptions.
__________________

RockNRollDawgie is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #882
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Trump has absolutely no self-control whatsoever. He's proven that over and over and over again. Any attempts to stay calm and on topic last, like, a minute, at best with him.

Also, can someone explain to him how the internet works? 'Cause he keeps saying that all these examples of him mocking and insulting various people aren't true, even though we have it all on record. We have video evidence. We can go to his Twitter feed and find exactly what he's said about various people. Own up to the shit you said, dude, for cripes' sakes.
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #883
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,977
Local Time: 03:59 PM
That "what a nasty woman" interjection is sure to get some traction.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:48 PM   #884
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,500
Local Time: 09:59 PM
I thought Trump was doing alright for a bit, but he went all the way off the rails by the end. It got out of hand.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #885
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I thought Trump was doing alright for a bit, but he went all the way off the rails by the end. It got out of hand.
She was so good getting under his skin. Not that it's that hard. The Emmy line was great.
gump is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 PM   #886
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,667
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Trump is not a master debater.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
david is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #887
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:59 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

Trump had his way with the clown pussy posse during the Republican debates. Now he's 0 for 3 on the national stage. It speaks volumes about the current Republican Party.

Gawd I hope they learn this time.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #888
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,061
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I thought Trump was doing alright for a bit, but he went all the way off the rails by the end. It got out of hand.
He did start reasonably well. He needed the debates to be 30 minutes long, no chance he can hold it together for 90.
Hewson is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #889
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 12:59 AM
I'm not entirely sure Trumpists understand the damage that his refusal to accept the results does to the country and perceptions abroad.
gump is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #890
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,977
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Can't wait for how this will play out the next time the US is involved in monitoring an election somewhere.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:38 PM   #891
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,902
Local Time: 12:59 AM
See: Gabon, for example.
gump is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #892
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,076
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Trump is not a master debater.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Ahh, but is he a cunning linguist?
digitize is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 12:06 AM   #893
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,313
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Tactical voters in Utah might want to vote for Evan McMullin now that he has a way better chance of taking the state instead of Clinton...either way, it's just a chance to humiliate Trump even more as it won't really have an effect on the electoral outcome.

Would not shock me if this guy announcing and winning Utah in less than a three month span leads to him contending for the Republican nomination in 2020. I mean, he technically did better than any of the primary contenders other than Trump.
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 12:19 AM   #894
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I'm not entirely sure Trumpists understand the damage that his refusal to accept the results does to the country and perceptions abroad.
I wasn't aware that the election had already happened, guess I must have missed that!

Have you asked anyone 'abroad' for their views, as a matter of interest?
Aleister is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 12:20 AM   #895
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 58,271
Local Time: 04:59 PM
🙋🏼


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
cobl04 is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #896
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I am extremely disappointed with this whole election. It is a disgrace that we no longer have a media that presents the news in an unbiased manner. It is a disgrace that Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. It is a disgrace that Hillary is the Democratic nominee. It is disappointing that I have more accurate news from #Anonymous than from our own media. It is a disgrace that in a year with all of the issues - immigration, common core, police and black lives in peril, debt, poverty, the insanely high prices of college, individual debt, housing affordability........... This is what we are left with ...... TOPICS THAT GIVE THE MEDIA RATINGS...... nothing more........ I am thankful to be on the down slope of my life, because this place is going straight down the drain like the Democratic Mobile dumped it yesterday.

AS for FYM..... how many people with conservative ideas left..... and why? Maybe the forum is reflective of society, nobody really enjoys the debate and everyone believes they have the answer so why engage. Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and Newt Gignrich were successful because despite their differences, they were able to find common ground. Maybe its more fun to hang with people who are of like mind?

Anyway - I am voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but he does seem to have some integrity. Bill Weld was a good Republican in Massachusetts, but the national party ran him out for not being conservative enough. Anyways.....back into my box.
Thank you. You speak for many.
Aleister is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 12:30 AM   #897
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
10 years ago we also had virulent homophobes posting here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...m_of_the_press
Aleister is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 01:10 AM   #898
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,738
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I am extremely disappointed with this whole election. It is a disgrace that we no longer have a media that presents the news in an unbiased manner. It is a disgrace that Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. It is a disgrace that Hillary is the Democratic nominee. It is disappointing that I have more accurate news from #Anonymous than from our own media. It is a disgrace that in a year with all of the issues - immigration, common core, police and black lives in peril, debt, poverty, the insanely high prices of college, individual debt, housing affordability........... This is what we are left with ...... TOPICS THAT GIVE THE MEDIA RATINGS...... nothing more........ I am thankful to be on the down slope of my life, because this place is going straight down the drain like the Democratic Mobile dumped it yesterday.

AS for FYM..... how many people with conservative ideas left..... and why? Maybe the forum is reflective of society, nobody really enjoys the debate and everyone believes they have the answer so why engage. Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and Newt Gignrich were successful because despite their differences, they were able to find common ground. Maybe its more fun to hang with people who are of like mind?

Anyway - I am voting Gary Johnson. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but he does seem to have some integrity. Bill Weld was a good Republican in Massachusetts, but the national party ran him out for not being conservative enough. Anyways.....back into my box.
Coming back to this post - I am bothered by the fact that, in the first part, you are seemingly trying to make an equivalency between Trump and Hillary by saying that it is a disgrace that they're both the nominees. There is no equivalency.

Trump is a laughingstock on the global stage - the very notion of being an 'American' having taken a hit because we made this guy the nominee of one of our major parties - a pathological narcissist, who is dangerously uninformed about foreign affairs, is insistent on pushing a strongman, authoritarian style of 'leadership', has for over a year fanned the flames of racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia, paranoia, panic, and general fear in his supporters, and is now openly threatening to not accept the results of the election if he loses. He is such a political poison that large swaths of elected officials in his own party either support him in the least full-throat-ed way possible, don't support him at all, or are actively campaigning against him.

Hillary has her own issues to be sure, and it's not like I agree with her on everything, but they simply don't compare to what she's running against, and I simply cannot use the word 'disgrace' to describe the act of having nominated someone as intelligent, informed, competent, qualified, experienced, and prepared as Hillary for President. To try to make any equivalency is frankly a huge insult to her. IMHO.
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 01:30 AM   #899
Babyface
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
He is such a political poison that large swaths of elected officials in his own party either support him in the least full-throat-ed way possible, don't support him at all, or are actively campaigning against him.
US Democrats/liberals can't have it both ways.

In the one hand we are invited to believe:

(1) GOP = terribly bad peeps

AND, on the other hand, also

(2) Because Trump is criticised by some GOP'rs, THEN that means that Trump must be dreadful.

There seems to be a bit of a logical failure here, wouldn't you have thought? You seem to be suggesting that conservatives are terrible if they vote for Trump, but that they're lovely people when they criticise Trump.

Also, as a matter of interest can you explain why it is that you think that you have the right to speak for the 'global stage' (whatever the 'global stage' even means)?
Aleister is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #900
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 10:59 PM
__________________

martha is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×