2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A recent poll on the Irish Times site showed 25% support for Trump. A distinct minority, granted mind where almost all of the European mainstream media against Trump.

:lol: if no one likes him, if he doesn't win, if the debate doesn't go his way... then it's all rigged, it's all biased. Facts and personal responsibility are dead in 2016, right?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When doing job interviews, you often come across the "yea, but" candidates. They have all the necessary job experience, knowledge and background; but there's a few red flags that give you pause. They're fine, but you'd really hope that a better candidate comes along. This is Hillary Clinton.

You also come across candidates where you read their resume, and you toss it out because the person is woefully unqualified for the specific position at hand. This is Donald Trump.

This is our choice.

I see it more like HRC is the one that you really don't want to give the job to but feel you have to as you fear she'd do something to you in the future due to her connections .

Trump is the guy that goes for a sales job interview, is asked by the interviewer, ok see that bowl of bananas on my table, I want you to sell them to me, Trump proceeds to jump up and down, howl like a howler monkey, eat all the bananas and then goes "well, now you have to buy some new bananas, don't you."

Last edited:
:lol: if no one likes him, if he doesn't win, if the debate doesn't go his way... then it's all rigged, it's all biased. Facts and personal responsibility are dead in 2016, right?

I said nothing of the sort, don't miscontrue. Surely you are not so simplistic as to think that just because I don't favour HRC, automatically implies that I am in favour of Trump?

This is the kind of binary, Manichean thinking that is going on right now. South Park did a good episode a few years back about this, something about a Giant Douche and a Big Turd.

I said nothing of the sort, don't miscontrue. Surely you are not so simplistic as to think that just because I don't favour HRC, automatically implies that I am in favour of Trump?

This is the kind of binary, Manichean thinking that is going on right now. South Park did a good episode a few years back about this, something about a Giant Douche and a Big Turd.

I just said you're falling for the victim route. Don't go binary while preaching the dangers of binary thinking, it makes you look like you're trying too hard.

In fact I thought your monkey analogy was pretty spot on.

I just said you're falling for the victim route. Don't go binary while preaching the dangers of binary thinking, it makes you look like you're trying too hard.

In fact I thought your monkey analogy was pretty spot on.

Fair enough.

Trump is the guy that goes for a sales job interview, is asked by the interviewer, ok see that bowl of bananas on my table, I want you to sell them to me, Trump proceeds to jump up and down, howl like a howler monkey, eat all the bananas and then goes "well, now you have to buy some new bananas, don't you."

heh. i like this. i'm stealing it to use at work. :wink:

i also like this:

ntc82qh8tnsx.png

100 bucks says this guy has made fun of some "libtard" being "triggered" recently.

Last edited:
I am against Clinton's pro abortion stance. This women's right to choose is the biggest crock that has somehow become acceptable by all the lefties out there. I am therefore doing a Bono in reverse and am urging all Americans on this forum to vote Trump and stop murder.

I am against Clinton's pro abortion stance. This women's right to choose is the biggest crock that has somehow become acceptable by all the lefties out there. I am therefore doing a Bono in reverse and am urging all Americans on this forum to vote Trump and stop murder.

Do go on...

It always confuses me when people who are pro-life are against candidates who are more likely to lower the abortion rate. I'm not sure how Donald Trump is pro-life and how his policies would actually lower the abortion rate. The rate has actually been declining for over a decade, and if I were making policies to reduce this even more I would look at the root causes and try to create policy around those. Some of those have been addressed by the Obama administration such as free and easy access to birth control. Other things that influence the abortion rate are policies involving families and women including paid leave (maternal and paternal) and support for moms and families after the child is born.

Clinton seems to have a much more comprehensive set of policies in place that will actually help lower abortion rates while still keeping it legal. Trump doesn't seem to have given it much thought, other than saying he's against it (though not very convincingly), and mentioning a child care credit as a possible policy.

Trump may claim he's pro-life to court a base he still manages to alienate, but let's be honest: that guy has paid for his share of abortions over the years.

Last edited:

Oh this is wonderful - please explain how you came to this conclusion.

If you can manage to do that without being extremely sexist, ignorant of facts, condescending and with compassion, I'll change my mind.

THere was some charity dinner where Trump and Hillary were laughing at smiling with each other?!?!

I do have to say Trump's joke about Michelle Obama and Melania was actually hilarious.

Oh this is wonderful - please explain how you came to this conclusion.

If you can manage to do that without being extremely sexist, ignorant of facts, condescending and with compassion, I'll change my mind.

Being pro life is now being sexist? If I had my way, every woman who has consensual sex and then gets pregnant but chooses to have an abortion, will be sentenced to life imprisonment. It's no different to murder. Unless you can prove to me that it's not killing and a life is not being extinguished, then I don't see how you can be supportive of abortion either.

Last edited:
Go away, troll.

Piss off you politically correct tool. Is abortion murder? If the answer is yes, then how is my suggestion offensive in any way?

Oh, I forgot, you're a kiwi....the land of political correctness and raging feminists.

Last edited:
If I had my way, every woman who has consensual sex and then gets pregnant but chooses to have an abortion, will be sentenced to life imprisonment.
How would you practically implement that? Strap them to a lie detector to establish 'consent'?
What sentences do you have in mind for men who threaten to break all ties with a woman if they refuse abortion? And how would you practically implement that?

Being pro life is now being sexist? If I had my way, every woman who has consensual sex and then gets pregnant but chooses to have an abortion, will be sentenced to life imprisonment. It's no different to murder. Unless you can prove to me that it's not killing and a life is not being extinguished, then I don't see how you can be supportive of abortion either.

So you support improved access to contraception for women and men? The services Planned Parenthood provides for low income women, right?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Is abortion murder?

No.

Oh, I forgot, you're a kiwi....the land of political correctness and raging feminists.

Proud of it. The raging feminism anyway. Anybody who uses the term "politically correct" has automatically lost whatever discussion of which they are a part.

Piss off you politically correct tool. Is abortion murder? If the answer is yes, then how is my suggestion offensive in any way?

I'm guessing you're drunk and trolling, but honestly your other posts are starting to make sense.

No.

Proud of it. The raging feminism anyway. Anybody who uses the term "politically correct" has automatically lost whatever discussion of which they are a part.

Obviously you know very little about abortion. Go and educate yourself.

Feminism is something to be proud of? Honestly, people like you are what's wrong with this world.

It's no wonder a lot of young kiwi men I know are looking offshore for their brides. It's almost impossible to find a ladylike female in NZ these days. God help us all if the rest of the world starts to follow your country's lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom