2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pence is gonna Pounce on that 2020 nomination!!

Keep electing religious nuts and see where it gets you!

Pence is gonna Pounce on that 2020 nomination!!

Keep electing religious nuts and see where it gets you!

I don't see it. I think it'll be Ryan, unless Hillary is seen as unbeatable after 4 glorious years of prosperity, then I think Ryan would wait until 2024 and let some sacrificial lamb (Pence could be that) waste the campaign time and funds.

So expect Ryan in 2020.

538 just flipped Ohio and Iowa to HRC.

It's all rigged!!

It's been really quiet on the Trump side of things lately. Maybe he's studying for next debate?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

32964B2C00000578-3510980-image-a-19_1459042621981.jpg

We're gonna win!!! We're gonna win so much you're gonna be sick of winning!!!

I wonder how many, if any(not that they would admit it) will figure out they got duped, by one of the biggest cons in recent American history?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

it's pretty remarkable, considering how deeply divided the country is. she's at almost 80% on 538.

i know people like to say that it's only a close race because Hillary and Trump are so awful, but Hillary would probably be about 2 points ahead of any other republican because, all things being equal and lacking any black swan events (like Trump), there aren't that many voters left who are persuadable on a presidential level. likewise, if Bernie were running, or Kaine, it would be about the same.

I wonder how many, if any(not that they would admit it) will figure out they got duped, by one of the biggest cons in recent American history?

the justifications for voting for Trump in The Other Place are on par with global warming denialists.

Trump canceled $1.6 million dollars worth of ad buys in key battle ground states.

Cause even he knows he can't win.

Less than five weeks until the election, Donald Trump has canceled more than $1.6 million in television ads set to air next week in eight crucial battleground states, according to an ad tracking service.
The cancellations cover the four biggest states on the battleground map — Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and North Carolina — as well as four other states, New Hampshire, Maine, Iowa, and Colorado.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-cancels-ad-buys-229291#ixzz4MQv7i0aE
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Last edited:
The video is bad, but I hope people don't gloss over the other guy in it sharing in the lewdness - Billy Bush. Not just a tv host, but also the nephew of President George H.W. Bush, and the cousin of President George W. Bush and Jeb Bush, who Donald ran against.

I would say this is what will finally do Trump in, but I've said it too many times, and somehow I get the feeling that the people at the rallies who said 'Hang the bitch' and called Hillary a see-you-next-tuesday probably won't find Trump's language in that video problematic at all.

The video is bad, but I hope people don't gloss over the other guy in it sharing in the lewdness - Billy Bush. Not just a tv host, but also the nephew of President George H.W. Bush, and the cousin of President George W. Bush and Jeb Bush, who Donald ran against.

I would say this is what will finally do Trump in, but I've said it too many times, and somehow I get the feeling that the people at the rallies who said 'Hang the bitch' and called Hillary a see-you-next-tuesday probably won't find Trump's language in that video problematic at all.
Billy Bush being related A Bush has absolutely no relevance on the Bush family whatsoever

They can tarnish their individual legacies all on their own just fine.

I would disagree.
And you'd be wrong.

A family member's statements or actions have zero relevance on the rest of the family.

It's like saying Bill being a creeper is a negative for Hillary. It's the same thing. You're casting the sins of one on the other. It's incredibly unfair.

Take W's own daughters... they are incredibly well balanced, apparently liberals, and are generally terrific people.

Should we discount whatever they do because of what their father did while in office?

Does everything a relative of yours do reflect on you?

Come on

This from a forum that regularly says any of Bill Clinton's actions have no relation to Hillary Clinton's character or legacy.

Now, I'm not saying they should or shouldn't.

But you don't get to switch it up when the last name is Bush and call yourself an intellectually consistent individual.

Last edited:
I don't see how a one-off of a Bush cousin 11 years ago means anything at all to any individual reputation of the Bush family (or the family as a whole).

I'm not saying 'guy is a jerk' = 'his family members are jerks'. I'm saying the media has given ample airtime to the Trumpian narrative that Bill's actions reflect on Hillary and other things of that nature, so they should do the same here if they want to be fair. That's all.

I don't see how a one-off of a Bush cousin 11 years ago means anything at all to any individual reputation of the Bush family (or the family as a whole).

I never said it did. I just said he was a member of the family and that the media ought to say as much when reporting on this video. That they shouldn't sweep it under the rug. That's all.

Other than right-wing media, I've seen no coverage of issues revolving around Juanita Broaddrick or Paula Jones, and at least in the former, the story implicates Hilary directly.

You claimed to disagree with the below statement:

Billy Bush being related A Bush has absolutely no relevance on the Bush family whatsoever

Accept that you can't disagree with that while also claiming stories related to Bill Clinton rape allegations are not relevant.

I never said it did. I just said he was a member of the family and that the media ought to say as much when reporting on this video. That they shouldn't sweep it under the rug. That's all.
The media doing one thing incorrectly doesn't mean they should do another incorrectly to even the score.

They should do neither.

Other than right-wing media, I've seen no coverage of issues revolving around Juanita Broaddrick or Paula Jones, and at least in the former, the story implicates Hilary directly.

You claimed to disagree with the below statement:

Accept that you can't disagree with that while also claiming stories related to Bill Clinton rape allegations are not relevant.

Ok, look, I wasn't specific enough when I said 'I would disagree'. I would agree that one guy's actions don't mean anything about those of anyone related to him. Of course. What I disagree with is the notion that the fact that he's a Bush shouldn't be mentioned at all, which is what I though Headache was getting at. Now, if that's not what Headache was saying, then I stand corrected and we can move on.

I'm not by any means advocating for any kind of character assassination via Billy Bush. I just had the thought that the media might be so breathless in covering the video that they might overlook the fact of who the guy is altogether. That is all.

You're right, Bill's actions aren't relevant to Hillary and this guy's actions aren't relevant to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom