2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DNC stuff has less and less impact as the spotlight has shifted to Trump and Clinton.

The Bernie or Bust people may still be butt hurt over the primaries, but at this point I think the non OccupyMovement types have shifted towards Clinton and will stick with her.

Gary Johnson had a chance to possibly steal more from Clinton, but he's proven to be a bigger idiot than imagined. I honestly don't know what happened to him, but it could be that since his numbers have grown in this cycle, he's gotten more play in the media, and therefore we now know he's not the brightest dude.

This is what happens when you become more and more popular, you get vetted, and you get exposed

And the kicker is there is no sex tape. He made that up. At 3am. And tweeted it.

So I haven't been following this story; what is his point? Is there something to gain from this, or did she insult him, or is this the coke talking?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Uneducated black women and white women over 50 (I believe), to be specific.

BMP, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

That's called identity politics, really. I don't think that's sexist in the slightest to point that out. That's my opinion of it and I can see where others differ.

But what will people in here think if Cory Booker announces for 2024 and, almost assuredly, has 80% of the black vote immediately. Are we just to refrain from bringing up a discussion on identity politics? Are we supposed to act like 20% of the Democratic primary electorate (all of them black) took a long hard look at everyone's nuanced policy proposals and happened to came to the decision to support Booker?

That was the point I was trying to make in all of that. You toss Biden into the mix and suddenly the black vote, in polling, was being carved up considerably. From my perspective, it really was all about the continuation of Obama's Presidency for a lot of black voters. That's my opinion and nothing more.

And now the 9-marriage, serial cheater tag team of Trump, Guiliani and Gingrich want to bring up Bill's infidelity. You know the Clinton campaign has prepared for this one.

Earlier in this thread, in reference to Mrs. Clinton, I thought we had settled on not making any unfair or uninformed assumptions about marriages.

This trio of gentlemen you bring up may have simply chose poorly Six times :uhoh:

If the Trump campaign had just done their homework (or Republicans for that matter), it would have been pretty fucking easy to just follow Bill Clinton all the god damn time until he ends up in bed with some other woman. It would take about a day when he wasn't with Hillary on the campaign trail unless you are actually naive enough to think otherwise.

Then that would open up all the questions I was getting to about their marriage in the first place. Hillary would probably just scream "infidelity" again even if everybody with a brain knows otherwise and there would be a lot of talk about creating a false public image, etc.

Again, open marriage? Nothing wrong with any of that between consenting adult. Lying to the public about the reality of your marriage? That's an issue.

Golden opportunity that is now completely gone as he'll surely be by her side from now through most of the campaign (and won't be dumb enough to do the nasty with someone else until after the election).

Trump is a nearly 70-year-old man who regularly tweets at all hours of the day and night. Is he on something? I mean I just don't understand, I was up at those hours a few months ago when my baby was really little and I felt like DEATH the next day. Maybe he really does have SUPER STAMINA.

I also don't know how Hillary does it at her age. Maybe I'm just weak.

Earlier in this thread, in reference to Mrs. Clinton, I thought we had settled on not making any unfair or uninformed assumptions about marriages.

This trio of gentlemen you bring up may have simply chose poorly Six times :uhoh:

Um, Trump and Newt's infidelity has been well documented, not sure about Rudy.

Um, Trump and Newt's infidelity has been well documented, not sure about Rudy.

I don't know about infidelity but I remember very well when he announced that he's leaving one of his wives at a press conference before he actually bothered telling her, prompting her to then refuse to leave their house with their children.

Was quite the scandal back in the early 2000s.

Seems like a nice guy. :shifty:

well, new polls have Hillary starting to pull away. and that's just from the post debate, before the fat shaming 3am sex tape tweeting.

how is this real?

well, new polls have Hillary starting to pull away. and that's just from the post debate, before the fat shaming 3am sex tape tweeting.

how is this real?

There's still a large faction of the population that wishes for the the 1950s where women made the food and kept her man happy.

And black people didn't mingle with the rest of us

But Donald Trump has nothing to do with those fantasies of a past that never was. Those are Cruz voters.

I think his slogan "Make America Great Again" basically says it all.

At what point was it great? Most seem to always assume the 40s/50s

As inexcusable as the actual accusation is, ladies and gentleman, your front page news:

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1475357260.292805.jpg

Cool, he called someone a dirty word 30 years ago. Probably when people we love and admire were also using such a word in such a manner. Not defending Trump here, but seriously, screw news.

As inexcusable as the actual accusation is, ladies and gentleman, your front page news:

View attachment 10914

Cool, he called someone a dirty word 30 years ago. Probably when people we love and admire were also using such a word in such a manner. Not defending Trump here, but seriously, screw news.

It should only be news if he calls Hillary that word during the next debate (which Vegas has a 1-9 odds in favor of).

What do you mean?

What if Trump's refusal to share his tax returns is a trap...

The NYT just got ahold of his 1995 statement.

He reported a loss of over $900m, and effectively removed his federal tax liability for 18 years.

If there's anything that should get the rest of us angry (i.e., those of us who don't live off family wealth), is that such a thing is possible. Byzantine tax laws are taken advantage of by our effectively landed gentry so they can avoid paying taxes. These are our welfare cheats, the ones who game the system. These are the takers. And it's legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom