2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nHIOQprrVnZCw.gif

Speaking of acting like an adult. Way to keep it classy Cori :|

All Trump has to do is stick to his script and he wins. He isn't expected to debate, he's expected to act like a normal human being.

These debates aren't going to matter much in terms of swaying voters. It will give the media a giant boner for the next 6 weeks.

I'm not watching. It is like a train wreck but it'll be too frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
That would be enough to give him a 2-3 point bump, which could easily flip a couple of states.

She can't fall back on being wonkish. She needs to smile and be likeable. Maybe a well-timed joke.

So many people are tuning in for the first time who may not have taken Trump seriously. He needs to exude gravitas and avoid any foot in mouth moments.

You really believe there are that many "first timers"? I have a hard time believing there are that many undecideds still, I think it's about convincing those that might stay home to vote at this point.

Trump has to win over real conservatives that are taking a stand.

Clinton has to win over Bernie Bros.

Last edited:
Trump picked up the conservatives with judges and Cruz support
His numbers have gone up recently by making inroads with college educateds and women,
as Irvine said that new campaign manager is earning her money

Last edited:
If Clinton is not wearing a navy blue suit white shirt and red tie that will prove she does not know how to appear presidential

The first 20 minutes of this debate proves that the words 'elaborate' and 'substance' aren't in Trump's vocabulary.

I loved Clinton standing there with this big ol' grin on her face as Trump tried to explain why he didn't have to release his tax returns.

Can she or Lester ask him why he doesn't have to release his tax returns, but he demanded for years that Obama should release his birth certificate? I think that's a valid question.

Speaking of acting like an adult. Way to keep it classy Cori :|

I like you, you seem like a good egg. I will usually apologize when realize I've done or said something out of line. This is not one of those times.

This is an appropriate, albeit low-brow and smart-ass, response to a man telling a woman they should smile, whether they are running for president or not.

noqjase9c5udunnii3km_zps4c856895.gif

:)

Last edited:
That would be enough to give him a 2-3 point bump, which could easily flip a couple of states.

Yep, FiveThirtyEight says the winner gets an average bump of that size and Romney got a 4 point bump last time. That's not remotely insignificant, especially given recent polling in states like Pennsylvania. If Trump wins this tonight, he will be leading the general election polling average, and for the first time, the Electoral College tally.

And really, all that matters is how his appeals to those affected by these trade deals end up going down. He called out people suffering in Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. and if it's effective, it's going to be a fucking nailbiter.

It's weird that neither of these idiots could bring even a single good joke to the table...every time they go in for the jugular it's just painful to watch.

I think the end result, despite Trump's meandering ramblings, will be that hardly anybody changes their opinion - maybe even a Trump win given the low expectations. Clinton is the one I'm actually more disappointed in. She's up against such a juvenile clown who just repeats the same fourth grade vocabularly shit over and over. Yet she can't seem to pull away.

Clinton is coming across as smug, fake, polished, sure. Gore was good against a weak W in 2000. Being a policy wonk is not always a sure winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom