2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have been perfectly fine with the "continuous setlist bitching/is it a corporate or benefit gig" discussion. Now EYKIW got TRUMPified. :doh:

Last edited:
Well, you know, there's this one gay guy voting for Trump.

So you're all unwelcoming and intolerant! Hah! Take that, liberals!!!1!

(Ignoring all actual policy and actions and opinions etc as Peef will kill me otherwise) aside from John Kasich I thought Paul Ryan was one of the best Republican people I've seen since my time getting stuck into American politics.

The fact that Pence made Trump look so bad is not good news for the GOP. The fallout from all this might be disastrous.

On a more serious note, I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how Trump's wall is a legitimate thing that would actually curb illegal immigration, and detail the cost-benefit analysis. Get into the nitty gritty of that topic.

The world has gone topsy-turvy when this thread seems like something of a refuge from a political discussion on another part of Interference.

On a more serious note, I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how Trump's wall is a legitimate thing that would actually curb illegal immigration, and detail the cost-benefit analysis. Get into the nitty gritty of that topic.

Well, duh the cost is zero cause Mexico is gonna pay for it.

This thread is a lot more civil than the Dreamforce thread. I'm hiding out in here.

Right? This place is crazypants today.

I blame myself. And being bored at the airport.

The world has gone topsy-turvy when this thread seems like something of a refuge from a political discussion on another part of Interference.

I, uh, might take some of that responsibility as well...

:crack:

Trump has better things to do. Like demeaning women and minorities.

Since I don't live in the US, I certainly don't get the whole picture. But what I do get is:
Trump hates women, mexicans, immigrants in general, muslims, veterans. I'm sure I'm missing many others.
He lies, is caught lying, and persists lying.
He has cheated on contracting companies that have worked for him, didn't pay them (or at least not the full amount). And the little man thinks Trump's gonna fight for him? Seriously?
He's certainly skilled rethorically, using sentences so simple and short even the dumbest of the dumb will understand it.
He has never held an elected office. He has admittedly no clue what he's doing.
Oh, and he wants to build a wall. I mean, seriously? I'm not even gonna argue how ridiculous and useless that is, or how history has proven that walls are a bad idea. That's a german speaking.
Then there's Hillary Clinton, a politician. Sure, she has taken decisions that you may not like. But Trump hasn't taken any political decisions. She certainly knows what she's talking about, whether you agree or not, she is competent at least.
So can anybody please explain why anyone in their right mind would vote for a racist, mysogenist, dumbass who changes his mind more often than Bono changes his shirts (ugh, bad comparison), rather than Hillary Clinton. Even if you don't like her, she certainly is the lesser evil. Certainly. The whole world minus Kim Yong-un and probably Putin agrees on that. All living american presidents agree on that.
And I, as an inhabitant of planet earth, am seriously afraid of what a president Trump would do to the world. History has taught us how quickly things can go wrong. And it is ridiculous to think they wouldn't with Trump leading one of the world's most powerful nations.

Even if you stripped away the blatant racism and xenophobia, he's still a conman, a terrible businessman, and a complete and utter fraud with zero political experience.

He could be Mother Theresa and he'd still be woefully unqualified for the job. By far the most unqualified major party candidate in our history.

That's sort of what I pick at all the time. Ignoring the worst part, if you get down to the business of running a government, anyone who votes for him is effectively being conned. He doesn't actually have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

He doesn't actually have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

Or really have a solid political stance on anything. I don't think he believes in anything except himself.

If elected he really has NO motivation to be "pro-life", reform tax law, or appoint a conservative SC justice. I have to laugh at these folks that believe he's really conservative and has the desire to do these things.

But he does want to eliminate regulations and blow shit up.

He's a populist, plain and simple. The Left side of things was crowded so in 2011/2 he saw an opportunity with idiotic shitstains which the USA seems to have an embarrassing amount of (Australia's no angel, by the way, we've got more than our fair share of racism and bigotry going on).

I think the reason that fake "if I was gonna run I'd run as a Republican" thing got so much traction is because there's a helluva lotta truth to it. The GOP decided to pick a severely narcissistic egotist as their nominee. Dug their own grave.

Even if you stripped away the blatant racism and xenophobia, he's still a conman, a terrible businessman, and a complete and utter fraud with zero political experience.

He could be Mother Theresa and he'd still be woefully unqualified for the job. By far the most unqualified major party candidate in our history.

You know Mother Teresa was by and large an extreme conservative right? She had so many shitty views I don't even know where to begin.

He's a populist, plain and simple. The Left side of things was crowded so in 2011/2 he saw an opportunity with idiotic shitstains which the USA seems to have an embarrassing amount of (Australia's no angel, by the way, we've got more than our fair share of racism and bigotry going on).

I think the reason that fake "if I was gonna run I'd run as a Republican" thing got so much traction is because there's a helluva lotta truth to it. The GOP decided to pick a severely narcissistic egotist as their nominee. Dug their own grave.

You know Mother Teresa was by and large an extreme conservative right? She had so many shitty views I don't even know where to begin.
Soooo pick somebody else who helps people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom