2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What great tabloid fodder resurrecting one of my favorite movies. Too bad Oliver Stone didn't identify Teds dad as one of the mystery Cubans in the film.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1462304367.291217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think this is (could be) the Cruz papa with Oswald

oswald-470x451.jpg

RBCruz7.gif

again
how does a Cuban refugee that came to America with $100 in his underpants that washed dishes for 50 cents an hour (per Ted Cruz) end up in Canada working an oil company???

cruz%20dad.jpg

at the time JFK was considered a 'pinko' communist sympathizer by the right, especially by the right wing Cubans and CIA for the failed 'bay of pigs' massacre

a face that could stop a lava flow

getting ready for his Indiana "Deliverance style"
use your imagination here

Last edited:
Democrats think they can win the senate with these 5 states,

Ewpp5ZiA8xtUk3UQI5jYaHHBq-664qbhhcj8rS7ouMLaqw3rGvum6tVgH0-uynr4ZC3hJceA2xCzBtKt6G8MWTco7rLOTE3doS3_5liJa8gt1rPqjmAmPRDYZor2t6sh=s0-d-e1-ft

they keep asking me for money

edit to add

Michelle Obama for Supreme Court, my negro
keepin' it 100

Last edited:
As a GOP primary voter I think the big inflection point of the past month was when Cruz took a victory lap over the Colorado convention. It played right into Trump's hands of the insiders disenfranchising the will of the voters. Follow that with multiple 3rd place finishes, the Cruzich alliance, and Fiorina all showed desperation.

Boehner's Lucifer in the Flesh was the icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

you are right, so many wrong moves

if I was a believer, I would feel kind of stupid

'You are my supporter, you have always believed in me, and told all your friends and family I am the only one you will ever vote for, thanks.
Now, here is what I want you to do. Vote for Kasich. If you are a principled person like me, vote for Kasich. (hand on Bible the whole time) "

Last edited:
Hillary ran a rather nasty campaign against Obama in 2008, and there are plenty of outlets pretty nakedly running her talking points this time around with just enough distance that she can claim to be running a "clean campaign."

Democrats think they can win the senate with these 5 states,

Ewpp5ZiA8xtUk3UQI5jYaHHBq-664qbhhcj8rS7ouMLaqw3rGvum6tVgH0-uynr4ZC3hJceA2xCzBtKt6G8MWTco7rLOTE3doS3_5liJa8gt1rPqjmAmPRDYZor2t6sh=s0-d-e1-ft

they keep asking me for money

I'd be shocked if McCain is dethroned, but I'd also be quite surprised if Grayson or Murphy can't dethrone whatever garbage it posted up for senate in Florida as a replacement Rubio.

Hillary ran a rather nasty campaign against Obama in 2008

i agree. much of Clinton's momentum and later wins against Obama came in states with large working class white populations. i'll let someone else do the structural racism math.

her campaign was aware of the existence of structural racism and how it can motivate and influence votes, and used it (i.e., he needed to DENOUNCE Louis Farrakhan's endorsement) to win votes from working class whites, traditionally not the most black-friendly group out there.

it's subtle, but Sanders may not himself be a sexist but is aware of institutional sexism and his campaign may use it to help win him votes against a woman in the same way that Clinton is not herself a racist but is aware of institutional racism and used it to help win her votes against a black man in 2008.

Tonight's story is Trump assending, one on one, well over 50 per cent, in conservative state
Hillary is in a tight race, she is slipping

I think it was stupid of Cruz to add that narrative as win or go home for Indiana. He can still blockade Trump. But now he looks stupid.

I think it was stupid of Cruz to add that narrative as win or go home for Indiana. He can still blockade Trump. But now he looks stupid.

Explain this blockade to me, when Trump will have over 1300 delegates.

Bernie railing against Walmart, seems hypocritical, he and his wife obviously get their wardrobes there.

Edit to add
now? He looks stupid,

Explain this blockade to me, when Trump will have over 1300 delegates.

It's a stretch due to California and New Jersey's delegate allocation, but we knew this pre-Indiana. There's no difference between Indiana and [insert state here] where Cruz is going to lose. So why not just keep going?

Because no candidate that takes himself seriously ever has, he just goes further down the sore loser road and alienating himself from millions
But he is a complete jack ass, so why not?

Hilary will lose tonight
and is on shakier ground against the "no chance in hell" orange guy this November.

Edit to add
I bet Carly would have appreciated a wall yesterday.

Because no candidate that takes himself seriously ever has, he just goes further down the sore loser road and alienating himself from millions
But he is a complete jack ass, so why not?

We know you're a trump guy and all...

Trump doesn't have a majority of the vote. It's totally justifiable for the other candidates to attempt to blockade his candidacy and shoot for a contested convention. Cruz isn't alienating himself any further than he already has. There's many people who support the man as the enemy of of an enemy, considering he never stood a chance to win. Drop your bias.

Sanders is toughing it out, why shouldn't Cruz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom