2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Australian slang, "cunt" can be positive or negative depending on the context, "fucking cunt" is really negative, and "mad cunt" and "sick cunt" are really positive.

STRAYA. :happy:

I'd read cobl's comment as a positive thing, but yeah, here in the States, you do NOT use that word unless you want to get slapped in the face. It's very much not seen as a positive word here.

(I've virtually never heard it used among people I know, myself, so I honestly didn't even know it was so heavily frowned upon until I'd hear people saying so on TV, or online.)

In Australian slang, "cunt" can be positive or negative depending on the context, "fucking cunt" is really negative, and "mad cunt" and "sick cunt" are really positive.

STRAYA. :happy:

I was going to explain that he might be a Glaswegian (where the use of cunt is also strangely positive).

John Howard slayed it on the decks for 11 years here like a you know what, but then they booted his ass. He got a commemorative salad bowl from George Bush though, so there's that.

Bet he can't DJ as well as John Howard though.

Who could? Look at the Aussie PrideTM in that last frame.

grid-cell-7757-1438819012-5.jpg

I'd read cobl's comment as a positive thing, but yeah, here in the States, you do NOT use that word unless you want to get slapped in the face. It's very much not seen as a positive word here.

(I've virtually never heard it used among people I know, myself, so I honestly didn't even know it was so heavily frowned upon until I'd hear people saying so on TV, or online.)

This just makes me want to come back to America for a third time and just walk around saying cunt all the time :lol:

John Howard slayed it on the decks for 11 years here like a you know what, but then they booted his ass. He got a commemorative salad bowl from George Bush though, so there's that.

Yes, but he is also viewed with a revisionist hero's glow now, so.

I blame people who vote GOP and who have consumed a steady diet of distortions and lies from Fox News and other outlets of right wing media. There's also a very real problem in rural white America. There are people who have been left behind by modernity -- the death rate for white women of a certain income is rising. Small town America is in tatters. We may be seeing the rise of white identity politics. It doesn't come from nowhere.

Trump is a product of all these things.

I do think Hillary will crush him. I really do. Because he hates powerful women. He likes smart women who work for him, but his misogyny and disdain for some broad in a pantsuit -- which will be amplified during the debates -- will likely render him so unpalatable to women voters that he's DOA. He's already alienated Latinos. Who else has he got other than straight white men with chips on their shoulders?

I hope.

Luckily for all American voters, Mrs. Clinton is running a campaign light on the identity politics :laugh:

Your last paragraph is well taken, though.

It is almost pointless to try and have any real discussion in here. People can be so hostile and rude because someone has a different point of view.

It is almost pointless to try and have any real discussion in here. People can be so hostile and rude because someone has a different point of view.

Well, ignoring the Trump thing, you do realize you frequently confusingly don't make any sense as you begin to step on everyone else's toes.

You know, like when you tried to tell me what I believe.

I made a mistake, you corrected it, no big deal

made a joke about it (me confussing you with someone else) yesterday, and

Last edited:
Strawman arguments - "stronger security is not racist".

CHECK

Blame others - its social media, liberal media, the woman moderator's fault.

CHECK

Play victim - it's rigged, you're rude, why so hostile, etc

CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

the and could have had a question mark, as I don't know what else there is to it,

but by even going on, this can turn into a pointless little pissing contest.
This should be a place where people share their opinions and we have the opportunity to listen to other people's points of view without getting petty or personal

This should be a place where people share their opinions and we have the opportunity to listen to other people's points of view without getting petty or personal

PLEASE, let's do so.

Other povs? Absolutely.

Other opinions? Opinions only go so far, if you can't support that opinion, then what is it worth?

All I know is that Cruz killed Tupac

He also killed 20-28 people in California in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Other opinions? Opinions only go so far, if you can't support that opinion, then what is it worth?

I am of the opinion that we need an election to decide what constitutes an opinion.

Be it further resolved not one person of an a certain opinion can draft what a proper opinion is unless they are elected Master of Opinions.

The primary is now open for the position of Master of Opinions. If you wish to put your name forward as a candidate please do so.

We cannot proceed with opinions on any subject until this is resolved.

OR

This can be Free Your Mind where the free flow of thoughts and opinions are welcomed and encouraged.

As always . . . Fuck Ted Cruz

the and could have had a question mark, as I don't know what else there is to it,

but by even going on, this can turn into a pointless little pissing contest.

Let's be clear. Are you the hated STING2/Strongbow, masquerading as deep?

Can I still take deep at face value? :cool:

I am of the opinion that we need an election to decide what constitutes an opinion.

Be it further resolved not one person of an a certain opinion can draft what a proper opinion is unless they are elected Master of Opinions.

The primary is now open for the position of Master of Opinions. If you wish to put your name forward as a candidate please do so.

We cannot proceed with opinions on any subject until this is resolved.

OR

This can be Free Your Mind where the free flow of thoughts and opinions are welcomed and encouraged.

As always . . . Fuck Ted Cruz

Smoking is healthy.

Black people lie because Africa governments are corrupt.

AIDS isn't real.

All conservatives are mentally ill.

A wall(which the laws of physics and economics can't be built) will solve our issues.

These are ALL opinions that have actually been stated in FYM.

You still want a forum filled with opinions that can't be substantiated?

Everything is welcome, just be able to support your thoughts and ideas. Why is this so hard?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom