2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #561
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You were mentioning something about racism?
Attachment 10673


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my bad. I guess that and the taco bowl just negates everything. He can't be racist. There are two of the blacks and an oriental at his rally! Maybe even a gay or two. He's a uniter after all!
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 05-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #562
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my bad. I guess that and the taco bowl just negates everything. He can't be racist. There are two of the blacks and an oriental at his rally! Maybe even a gay or two. He's a uniter after all!

The preferred nomenclature is Asian

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1462578177.863971.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	10674


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #563
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,450
Local Time: 11:03 PM
You're welcome to defend Trump, but to suggest he's not racist because people of different races attend his rallies... really?

Let's pretend like there also wasn't the odd apple African American who supported segregation. Or let's pretend like there isn't the one off gay person who doesn't believe in gay marriage.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:16 PM   #564
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:03 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You were mentioning something about racism?
Attachment 10673


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is your tacobowl moment. A low point for you.

Folks, forget repeating propaganda developed by neo nazis, forget saying there's only a few good Mexicans, oh yeah and he's a fucking birther... He eats Americanized Mexican food and they found two black women in his audience.


There is no racism here, pure hyperbole.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #565
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
The preferred nomenclature is Asian

Attachment 10674


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oh yea? Thanks.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #566
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
This is your tacobowl moment. A low point for you.

Folks, forget repeating propaganda developed by neo nazis, forget saying there's only a few good Mexicans, oh yeah and he's a fucking birther... He eats Americanized Mexican food and they found two black women in his audience.


There is no racism here, pure hyperbole.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oh I have plenty more pictures.


African-American Pastors endorsing Trump in Virginia




Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #567
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 09:03 PM
'Cause it's not like politicians don't shamelessly pander, right? It's not like Trump tries to appeal to whomever he happens to be in front of right at that moment, right?
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
'Cause it's not like politicians don't shamelessly pander, right? It's not like Trump tries to appeal to whomever he happens to be in front of right at that moment, right?
Just like Hillary Clinton's Mariachi Band yesterday, right?
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #569
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,180
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my bad. I guess that and the taco bowl just negates everything.
I'm just encouraged that Mrs. Clinton keeps hot sauce in her purse.

The condiment might be needed on a weak taco bowl.
Bluer White is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:33 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that there are sections of minorities who are fairly reactionary/conservative to the point that they'd be happy to support Trump. It does not clear Trump himself of any racism by any stretch.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #571
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Just like Hillary Clinton's Mariachi Band yesterday, right?
And people here have made note of that fact and her embarrassing attempts at pandering and making questionable comments about certain groups of people and whatnot plenty of times. You have noticed the many criticisms of Hilary and her campaign coming from those of us on the left here, haven't you?

Meanwhile, people on the right (speaking in a general sense here) tend to deny the fact that the politicians in their party are heavily racist/sexist/homophobic, or they excuse or justify it somehow ("Look at the PC police being all critical again!").

Bottom line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that there are sections of minorities who are fairly reactionary/conservative to the point that they'd be happy to support Trump. It does not clear Trump himself of any racism by any stretch.
...this is the point that's trying to be made here. Trump isn't suddenly a good guy because he happens to have a few minorities at his rallies.

There's also the whole issue of people voting against their own self-interests to consider as well.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
I present Queen Pandera. Quite a chameleon when she needs to be.

https://youtu.be/bWRoEpYuHwI


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #573
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Oh I have plenty more pictures.





African-American Pastors endorsing Trump in Virginia










You're kinda missing the point, well more than kinda...

He said and did the things he did to purposely put out the right dog whistles. The grand wizard also endorsed him, and endorsements only matter to sheep.

You can't hide what has been said and done behind some photo ops. Plain and simple.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #574
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I present Queen Pandera. Quite a chameleon when she needs to be.

https://youtu.be/bWRoEpYuHwI


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You realize she was quoting someone right? And at least she could pronounce the book of the Bible correctly


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
There's also the whole issue of people voting against their own self-interests to consider as well.
Are you suggesting people of any color or creed don't have the free will to choose for themselves, because somebody else know what's best for them?
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #576
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You realize she was quoting someone right? And at least she could pronounce the book of the Bible correctly


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Imagine the uproar if a Republican tried that dialect
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #577
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Imagine the uproar if a Republican tried that dialect

Um, maybe, I think it would depend on the context and the republican.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
"Self-absorbed opportunist."

Likely......but rare among politicians, right?
Ha, like a job prerequisite.

Which is why I've always said that the best and brightest would never bother going into politics.
anitram is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Are you suggesting people of any color or creed don't have the free will to choose for themselves, because somebody else know what's best for them?
Never said or implied such a thing, please do not put words in my mouth.

But if, say, a politician claims they'll help the working class and poor, despite voting for legislation that continues to support their rich buddies, and working class/poor people know that and still vote for that politician anyway, I'd probably be scratching my head a little, yeah. Just like I'd also wonder how a gay person could vote for a politician who didn't support gay rights, or a woman could vote for a politician who believed a woman's place was in the home, or whatever.

People can vote however they want and for whomever they want, obviously, and they may have multiple reasons for doing so. But that doesn't mean some of their reasons for voting for certain politicians won't be, at the very least, confusing to some people. That's my point.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #580
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Um, maybe, I think it would depend on the context and the republican.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Point taken. If after a post debate KO of Hillary, Trump wants to do his best Ali "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" I think that would be a good context.
__________________

Oregoropa is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×