2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect to see a lot more of this

First on CNN: Rick Perry endorses Donald Trump for president - CNNPolitics.com

And less of the nevertrumps, they are about as relavent now as they were during the primaries

Nixon said when there is a movement to stop X, X usually wins.

Oh ya?

WASHINGTON — In an extraordinary rebuke of his party’s presumed nominee, Speaker Paul D. Ryan, the nation’s highest-ranking elected Republican, said Thursday that he was “not ready” to endorse Donald J. Trump for president.

Yeah, a lot of these refusals to endorse Trump will by the wayside when Clinton locks up the nomination and they're staring a one-on-one battle in the face.

Probably know the answer to this, but what will Trump supporters think when he starts accepting a shit ton of SuperPac $$$??

No way he finances his own campaign for the general.

Same could be said for Bernie if he got the nomination.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

based upon the style of posting in here lately and all the name calling

many of you are already ceeding defeat

It's posts like these that get you labeled as a troll. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing, except it's not about the race it's about people in here.

Probably know the answer to this, but what will Trump supporters think when he starts accepting a shit ton of SuperPac $$$??

No way he finances his own campaign for the general.

Same could be said for Bernie if he got the nomination.

According to Trump, he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue and they'd still support him. Not an issue.

Notice how he didn't say he would "never" endorse Donald J. Trump for president, though.

Yeah, a lot of these refusals to endorse Trump will by the wayside when Clinton locks up the nomination and they're staring a one-on-one battle in the face.

Clearly many of these #NeverTrumps and other republicans will fall into line soon enough, because they're politicians, and are, by nature, hypocrits.

But there will be some Republicans who won't support Trump under any circumstance, and it'll be enough of them to make a difference.

According to Trump, he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue and they'd still support him. Not an issue.

Yeah, seriously. His supporters don't "think" in the traditional sense.

There was some Trump surrogate on CNN today that said the only thing worse than voting for a Democrat was voting for a Clinton. Most Republicans will get in line, this is just all posturing. Paul Ryan is a self-absorbed opportunist who is trying to come across as stately and presidential so he can point to something in 2020. Too bad for him that he doesn't seem to realize that all the same voters who hated Boehner's ass will hate him as well. He's cut from the same cloth, just better looking and less orange.

Yeah, seriously. His supporters don't "think" in the traditional sense.

There was some Trump surrogate on CNN today that said the only thing worse than voting for a Democrat was voting for a Clinton. Most Republicans will get in line, this is just all posturing. Paul Ryan is a self-absorbed opportunist who is trying to come across as stately and presidential so he can point to something in 2020. Too bad for him that he doesn't seem to realize that all the same voters who hated Boehner's ass will hate him as well. He's cut from the same cloth, just better looking and less orange.

You're right for today... but do you honestly think the GOP won't be making some adjustments to ensure this doesn't happen again?

They'll look at everything, and you can be damn sure there will be pressure for the party to fall in line behind one strong candidate early on so as not to have the clown car that was the early Republican debates and primaries, which is really what led to Trump's nomination.

Until just recently, Trump never got above 40%. If there was one establishment candidate for the other 60% to rally behind, Trump would have been DOA.

Oh for sure they will else they'll have a clown car every time. This will just encourage every freak out there to toss in his/her hat, though Trump has certain advantages over your regular freak (fame and money). And there will be some people who I truly believe will not vote for him, like the Bushes. So yes, he will lose some of these country club Republicans at the margins who, let's be honest, benefit from a Hillary presidency in any event.

I still kind of doubt that he can win, mostly because of the way the electoral college is set up, but I also don't have a good sense of what the turnout will be in the fall. His crazies are definitely more energized than Hillary supporters, but how many of them are there and how likely are they to show up at the voting booth?

Barring an indictment, which is incredibly unlikely, or some other huge gaff I don't see anyway Hillary loses.

Then again, if you told me 6 months ago Trump would be the GOP nominee I'd have said you were nutso.

So it's at the very least frightening that this guy is so close to the highest seat in the western world.

But the only way he can win the presidency is with the Hispanic vote. Bush got 40% to win. Romney got creamed with 27%. Aaaand yea... #tacobowl

Barring an indictment, which is incredibly unlikely, or some other huge gaff I don't see anyway Hillary loses.

Then again, if you told me 6 months ago Trump would be the GOP nominee I'd have said you were nutso.

So it's at the very least frightening that this guy is so close to the highest seat in the western world.

But the only way he can win the presidency is with the Hispanic vote. Bush got 40% to win. Romney got creamed with 27%. Aaaand yea... #tacobowl

And this is pretty much how it is. Like, there's really no more information beyond this summary.

Question for people in the know:

Remember how there was fear on the Republican side that Trump would mount a third party bid and effectively hand the presidency to Clinton?

Well, if Bernie decides on a third party bid, is his support big enough to hurt Hillary? Is there talk about Bernie going the independent route?

bernie knows that would hand trump the white house. i don't think he's that reckless, although he is being an idiot in general right now.

Paul Ryan is a self-absorbed opportunist who is trying to come across as stately and presidential so he can point to something in 2020. Too bad for him that he doesn't seem to realize that all the same voters who hated Boehner's ass will hate him as well. He's cut from the same cloth, just better looking and less orange.

"Self-absorbed opportunist."

Likely......but rare among politicians, right? :sexywink:

Question for people in the know:

Remember how there was fear on the Republican side that Trump would mount a third party bid and effectively hand the presidency to Clinton?

Well, if Bernie decides on a third party bid, is his support big enough to hurt Hillary? Is there talk about Bernie going the independent route?

A third party Bernie run would hurt Hillary, but she's clobbered him in overall votes and she's beaten him soundly in most of the swing states. My guess is he'd hurt, but such is polarization that he probably wouldn't actually flip a state to the GOP column.

I also think a lot of people have voted Bernienin the primaries fully expecting to vote for her in the general. If he were to do something to actively help Trump, it wouldn't go down well.

Everyone needs to keep repeating there 4 words: three Supreme Court justices.

Any third party ticket at this point would be suicide. But would there be someone willing to sacrifice themselves to save their party from becoming the biggest joke on the world stage?

You were mentioning something about racism?
View attachment 10673

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my bad. I guess that and the taco bowl just negates everything. He can't be racist. There are two of the blacks and an oriental at his rally! Maybe even a gay or two. He's a uniter after all!

Last edited:
You're welcome to defend Trump, but to suggest he's not racist because people of different races attend his rallies... really?

Let's pretend like there also wasn't the odd apple African American who supported segregation. Or let's pretend like there isn't the one off gay person who doesn't believe in gay marriage.

You were mentioning something about racism?
View attachment 10673

This is your tacobowl moment. A low point for you.

Folks, forget repeating propaganda developed by neo nazis, forget saying there's only a few good Mexicans, oh yeah and he's a fucking birther... He eats Americanized Mexican food and they found two black women in his audience.

There is no racism here, pure hyperbole.

Last edited:
This is your tacobowl moment. A low point for you.

Folks, forget repeating propaganda developed by neo nazis, forget saying there's only a few good Mexicans, oh yeah and he's a fucking birther... He eats Americanized Mexican food and they found two black women in his audience.

There is no racism here, pure hyperbole.

Oh I have plenty more pictures.

African-American Pastors endorsing Trump in Virginia
Trump-black-pastors.jpg

lead_960.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that there are sections of minorities who are fairly reactionary/conservative to the point that they'd be happy to support Trump. It does not clear Trump himself of any racism by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom