2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That too.

Little known fact: they're already history. What on earth is the world going to do when they're gone? Send Amy Schumer to feed some fucking refugees?

So I'm watching American History X and Edward Norton gives a speech about illegal immigration. Swore it could have Trump until they raid the big bodega.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He's been saying it since 1992. Parts of the Zooropa Tour were designed to mock the rise of right wing European parties in the aftermath of the reunification of Germany. There was some speech he gave in late 1992 where he talked about surrealism and Dadaism as artistic responses to fascism.

Not saying what he said wasn't mockable, but he's said it before.

He's been saying it since 1992. Parts of the Zooropa Tour were designed to mock the rise of right wing European parties in the aftermath of the reunification of Germany. There was some speech he gave in late 1992 where he talked about surrealism and Dadaism as artistic responses to fascism.

Not saying what he said wasn't mockable, but he's said it before.
Right, and I get that you're not really disagreeing with me, but he should know the difference between early-90s chain-smoking, leather jacket, ironic sex symbol Bono talking about tearing down the wall on MTV and mid-2010s political lobbying, divisive, elder statesman Bono telling the US Senate that comedy will take care of terrorism six months before we elect Trump.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1460638826.514763.jpg

Stipe has become the biggest Bernie Bro, his Instagram has basically become a Bernie fan page. But, no matter what we think of Bernie, this is impressive. His rally last night apparently drew close to 30,000. At the end of the day I do think Bernie has brought a new discussion to the mainstream.

Unfortunately it's only a talk. Guess good first step, but Bernie has no plan on how to implement his ideas.

That's what has turned me off. It's a bit like 2008 with Obama (who I voted for) in that people get so worked up over ideas, that's it was only natural for them to lose their "hope" when some of his changes never materialized.

Bernie Bros will do the same thing if he were elected. Bernie would need to find ways to compromise like Obama did. Or stay in gridlock for 4 years.

Though he still has time, sooner or later he is going to have to start getting more specific about what he's actually going to do to address the problems he's pointing out.

Bernie has no plans? oh come on.

Don't pretend like you haven't heard this before. You and others have been asked several times and you can't come through. He's calling for huge sweeping changes, changes like that require extremely specific plans to get there. This is exactly why there is so much hesitation. Hillary isn't winning because she's a much better candidate, she's winning, in large part, because Bernie can't convince people that what he's calling for can be done.

Bernie has no plans? oh come on.

When Bernie has been pressed on specifics, he has come across as a bit clueless. He touts the same line "tax the rich, the corporations, Wall Street"....but it's not that simple.

When he was asked about breaking up the big banks, given scenarios, he basically said "I don't know if the fed can do that"

He has shown the same lack of substance in regards to foreign policy. I honesty don't know if Bernie would be better than Trump in this area.

It's easy to say we'll get less involved.....until we have to get involved. And pulling our support out of regions that may need it....can foster the same anti American views as bombing countries. It's a very delicate region with no easy answers. Bernie has yet to give a good one tho

I see we're just rolling with "Bernie Bros" in here as if Clinton's campaign didn't do the exact same thing with "Obama Boys" in 2008.

I see we're just rolling with "Bernie Bros" in here as if Clinton's campaign didn't do the exact same thing with "Obama Boys" in 2008.

I don't exactly remember that phrase being used all that much, honestly in here's the only place I've used it because frankly the shoe has fit so far.

Back
Top Bottom