2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd agree with that at this point. I think there would probably be an album if they weren't planning on announcing more tour dates soon. But I imagine that they will realize they don't have enough time to finish it between now and some more tour prep and then the tour will take them into the fall.

I don't really understand the rush to get back out there. They either could have simply turned it into a full world tour and kept going or they should have just waited to actually finish the album before scheduling new dates. And god forbid they end up hitting some of the same areas (like playing Oakland instead of San Jose) with the same set of Songs of Innocence songs taking up a third of the program. Bor-ing.

donald-trump-taco.0.0.jpg

The slaughtering of Hilary's character is getting out of hand. I overheard a conversation in the break room at work today where someone said that they can't believe that Bill and Hilary aren't in prison for murdering that teenage girl.

I stopped, turned around and asked them where the hell they heard that. They responded "Facebook"

The slaughtering of Hilary's character is getting out of hand. I overheard a conversation in the break room at work today where someone said that they can't believe that Bill and Hilary aren't in prison for murdering that teenage girl.

I stopped, turned around and asked them where the hell they heard that. They responded "Facebook"

I'll see "The most corrupt politician of our time!!!" floating around in comments quite a bit.

If Bernie were to win the nomination, I might chuckle a little bit at what the GOP will have to say about him.

This shit happened in the 90s constantly. 8 straight years of it. It's why I've always been quick to the remind the "OMG, Obama is getting the worse treatment evar!" crowd that there is nothing new under the sun here. Dumbasses gonna dumbass. Only, back then, the Clintons were getting it from the Right. Now they're getting it from them and the Far Left. Though Clinton has been a punching bag for detached Leftists for years. Obama is too, really. He's governed as a centrist and will go down as having a very solid to good Presidency, all things considered. And they dislike him now too. Far Left is as legitimately dumbass as the Far Right. Always has been.

Right Wingers are what they are...whatever. It's the Left Wing that you should expect more from. Also, I don't hold college students to the same standard I hold 40, 50, 60 year olds that should know better. We were all idealists of one sort of another when we were younger. Then reality smacks you in the face, and you realize that every young generation before you, after you, and including yours, wonders (has wondered or will wonder) why their ancestors can't get shit right.

It's because the thing is rigged and can't be fixed very easily. Especially not with highly ideological answers that have never really solved anything in world history. The best systems are amalgamates of ideas. Slow progress. Not because it's what we all want but because it's all that can happen in the real world. Deal with the reality or be a wing nut that never effectuates anything. Barack Obama is more of a progressive champion, as a fairly moderate President, than any Left Winger in the Unites States in 70 years. Because he got some shit done for the cause. You either understand this or you don't.

Listen, I like Bernie and I truly wish we had more people with his integrity in DC. I wish he had better, more realistic, ideas too. And I think it's unfair to hold his candidacy in a negative light because he's got some idiots that support him. They all have idiots that support them. Idiots are everywhere on all sides, in all shapes and sizes. Hence, the position the country is in today. I know that's condescending to say...but it's also true.

I mean killing one girl was one thing, but Michelle Obama banning tacos?! That's where I draw the line. We are blessed to have Facebook keeping us constantly informed. Zuckerberg will make the world great again.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Somebody should tell Mrs. Obama banning tacos is xenophobic against Hispanic-Americans.

Meanwhile...

The GOP Establishment is against food trucks

Trump - "We love our food trucks"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why
Everyone is so well informed these days with social media and the Internets and our views are validated by 1000s of other well informed individuals. Power to the (tribal) people!!!

Not sure if we're more or less informed than before the current '24 hour news cycle/internet/video camera in every pocket' era.

I know you've all been anxiously waiting for my gif reaction to He Who Shall Not Be Named (aka Ruiner of My Home State) being all over the news today, basically being all like "You're shitting me with this talk about me being the nominee. Get the fuck out of here with that talk."

Paul Ryan.

aovsjd14irlibp41jhjq_zps2130b333.png

I know you've all been anxiously waiting for my gif reaction to He Who Shall Not Be Named (aka Ruiner of My Home State) being all over the news today, basically being all like "You're shitting me with this talk about me being the nominee. Get the fuck out of here with that talk."

Paul Ryan.

aovsjd14irlibp41jhjq_zps2130b333.png
What's crazy is that during that interview he turned at one point and I couldn't see the pull string on his back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

At least he didn't say that Senate Subcommittees are the punk rock of Subcommittees

Subcommittees are not of the Senate, they are an idea.
Still being shaped, still being formed.
These are the hands that built the subcommittees.
Oh oh oh, subcommittees!

Back
Top Bottom