2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ever since I come to this thread I totally compromise and I realized that I want no new changes to gov't. the poor deserves to be poor and Donald deserves to lie.

ever since I come to this thread I totally compromise and I realized that I want no new changes to gov't. the poor deserves to be poor and Donald deserves to lie.

Between this, worshipping compromise, and the it didn't really happen if it didn't happen on day one, you all are proving to be as illogical as the far right.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Between this, worshipping compromise, and the it didn't really happen if it didn't happen on day one, you all are proving to be as illogical as the far right.

did you not catch that I was parodying myself because I feel astoundingly stupid at this point?

The modern conservative movement, now in its degenerate phase, offers an object lesson in what absolute lack of compromise gets you: power. Eventually, ruin, if your ideas are stupid and evil, but in the meantime, power.

Compromise, sure, but bring something to the table, other than 'please, don't hurt me'.

But has the power to obstruct really gotten them anything?

I am so sick of this election already. The American system has got to be changed so you don't have presidential elections lasting 18-24 months. It's ridiculous.

To be fair, this happens to me at least twice a week... because the MTA is the single worst organization in the western world.

I'm a little more disturbed by Bernie thinking that you still need a token to ride the subway...

I always thought it was a telltale sign that you don't ride the subway.

Then again I'm only up there for like a month or two out of the year, so it could always just be a made up notion in my head.

I was gonna bring the DC metro up... but I'm just waiting for someone to raise a BART. You all would be foolish to follow.

Why is it that you DCers hate your subway so much? I never experience notable issues when I'm there. And I'm there quite frequently.

Honestly? I'm kind of a fan. For my specific commute, it works beautifully. It's also pretty comprehensive for a not-that-huge city.

However, we did have a horrific crash in 2009 and someone died over last summer because of smoke on the tracks. The system is just ageing, and needs to be updated. I don't get the intense hatred some have for it, but it could definitely be better.

I think it's what happens when you actively use any system on a daily basis. Whenever I've used BART, I always think it's pretty great. But if I lived there, I'm sure I'd see some horrors.

I'll put up the MTA against anyone for sheer incompetence. Wanna fight?

Not even close. The TTC is the worst. I've lived in both cities, the MTA and NYC subway transit is like a dream in comparison.

Yea the TTC is by far worse than the MTA in literally every single way.

You know how you were making fun of Bernie for thinking the subway still used tokens? He wouldn't be wrong up here. It's tokens, cash, or monthly pass for 90% of us.

Like, you didn't even have the option to use a prepaid card until about six months ago and even still it's only rolled out to about half the subway stations, all the streetcars and zero buses, so it's about as useful as a garden rake on a sinking ship.

I'll stop here for the sake of brevity, but yea...no comparison. I would kill for Toronto to have a system like the MTA has.

That's what I love about the DC metro. It's not a huge metropolis but you can still get anywhere you want easily and quickly. The only bad thing I routinely hear is the constantly broken escalators.

BART is fucking disgusting though. It's legit the filthiest transit I've ever been on, and I've been on the Cairo metro. And it's mad expensive.

Y'all are making me feel better about the LA Metro. Granted we have like 5 lines, but still. I'm just excited because we are finally getting cell service underground and in May I get to take the train to the beach. :hyper: #ThanksObama

That said, the NYC Subway is by far my favorite public transit system. I could go anywhere in Manhattan and it was only marginally confusing (thanks to Google Maps). That said, some of the older entrances were bonkers.

Last edited:
MUNI in San Francisco is by far the worst. We're talking about an extremely congested city that leads to MUNI being the slowest public transit system in North America. The city has started to make improvements with bus only lanes and the like, however, but it really is the only city I can think of where moving five-to-seven miles across the city can take an hour or more. That is slow.

BART is very reliable. Its biggest issues stem from all of the creeps that hang around the stations and then illegally board the trains to either cause trouble or sleep in the seats...bigger problem for me since I usually am taking it into San Francisco late at night.

You've accused women and black people of blindly voting, you've pretended to read minds, and now you're accusing myself and others of not being genuine. But no, never condescending:lol:

Bang up job helping your man out :up:

I still don't see what's offensive in saying that Clinton has a lot of older women supporters that really want to see a woman in the white house or that a lot of black voters see Clinton as the third-term of an Obama Presidency (something of which there has been ample evidence to support and it's exactly why Clinton went through the trouble of mentioning the guy constantly in the South Carolina debate and the ones right before that). Whites in the South voted for the Republican nominee for President by a nearly 9-to-1 margin recently, but I don't think anybody will call me out on mentioning that.

As for Sanders, I'm not on here to help his cause or anything else. Trying to convince a handful of people on Interference would be fruitless. I'm merely here to observe the horse race like most everyone else and I enjoy the back-and-forth and various positions represented in here. That's it.

MUNI in San Francisco is by far the worst. We're talking about an extremely congested city that leads to MUNI being the slowest public transit system in North America. The city has started to make improvements with bus only lanes and the like, however, but it really is the only city I can think of where moving five-to-seven miles across the city can take an hour or more. That is slow.

BART is very reliable. Its biggest issues stem from all of the creeps that hang around the stations and then illegally board the trains to either cause trouble or sleep in the seats...bigger problem for me since I usually am taking it into San Francisco late at night.

Maybe it's MUNI. I don't know the difference. I thought they were all BART.

Back
Top Bottom