2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can he just build a wall around him

Roger Waters Donald Trump: "I'm gonna build a wall around Bono. A really high wall! A wall higher than the Claw! I know great builders, the best builders. And you know what? I'M GONNA MAKE U2 PAY FOR IT!"

Damn. I picked the wrong night to go to sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Haha. You offer a view contrary to the MODS, so they threaten to ban you. Wonder why your website is dying?

I'm not a SJW or a Libertarian, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn express last night, but my feeble moronic brain thinks Diemen's "threat" to ban you isn't based on you taking a differing viewpoint from his, but more along the lines of you insulting other folks along the lines of:

I don't waste my time with the delusional, SJW morons of FYM. Hardly any of your opinions are even worth spending the time to comprehend due to their stupidity and insult to human thought and comprehension.

Take it down a notch, at least don't get banned until after the Gotham finale.

Seriously.

All the most entertaining stuff happens in the middle of the night these days.
Stupid job making me wake up at 5:50 AM, I miss all the fun.
I might just quit my job today for this very reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

kFCpC0U.jpg

Haha. You offer a view contrary to the MODS, so they threaten to ban you.

Try again.

As Hewson correctly pointed out, your views have nothing to do with it. Your inability to express them without throwing ridiculous insults around are the only reason for my warning.

Last edited:
I think if i learned anything from last night. It's that there are a lot more people like me, sitting at my desk working, or at home cutting the lawn, that are just as enthusiastic for Hillary as all the people showing up at Bernie rallies.

I think it shows that he really has no chance in the general for the same reasons we say the GOP can't win

You cannot rely on a 98% white male base to win.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Haha. You offer a view contrary to the MODS, so they threaten to ban you. Wonder why your website is dying?
Ahhhhhh, the Curt Schilling method. Act like a complete asshole for as long as possible. Then, when people call you out, blame it on censoring viewpoints/political correctness run amok. I see you took your entry level course, Conservative-on-the-Internet 101.

I think if i learned anything from last night. It's that there are a lot more people like me, sitting at my desk working, or at home cutting the lawn, that are just as enthusiastic for Hillary as all the people showing up at Bernie rallies.

Agreed. Or maybe less enthusiastic, but view voting as a duty and will show up when it counts.

People show up for a Bernie rally, no question. But the truth is that his crowds are no bigger than Obama's in '08, and I don't believe we've seen increased voter turnout on the Dem side. So the people who like Bernie REALLY like Bernie. There just isn't a lot of them. Which is why she has millions more votes than he does.

I'm bringing my one roommate to vote in the primary with me on Tuesday. It will be his first time voting in anything. The other isn't registered and doesn't care.

Ahhhhhh, the Curt Schilling method. Act like a complete asshole for as long as possible. Then, when people call you out, blame it on censoring viewpoints/political correctness run amok.

there are fewer people in the world i care less about than Curt Schilling, however his recent awful transphobic posting appeared in my facebook and i pursued and i read that dickhead response of his. and, christ, what an asshole.

I'm curious if Sanders will ask his supporters to get behind Hillary in the general election, or if he'll continue to bag on the party that allowed him to run under their umbrella???

I'm not sure what else is left for him to continue on with? I haven't looked at the poll numbers for PA, but I assume it'll be tough for him to win that state....or NJ.

And he'd have to win those states by a huge margin, which won't happen. So wouldn't it be best to unify the party and let the focus be on the GOP's war from within?

I'm curious if Sanders will ask his supporters to get behind Hillary in the general election, or if he'll continue to bag on the party that allowed him to run under their umbrella???

I'm not sure what else is left for him to continue on with? I haven't looked at the poll numbers for PA, but I assume it'll be tough for him to win that state....or NJ.

And he'd have to win those states by a huge margin, which won't happen. So wouldn't it be best to unify the party and let the focus be on the GOP's war from within?

Next week,
Maryland looking to be a really big win for hillary, PA will probably be close, she won Ohio by 14 and NY by 16 and PA is sandwiched in the middle. So you would think she may pull of a double digit win, but polls have it more like 5 to 7 and thats before Sanders starts campaigning there.
Deleware should be another solid Hillary win. Connecticut and Rhode Island are probably close Bernie wins or near ties... Not sure if Hillary's win in NY will get her some more support next week. we shall see

either way. Next week will either be good or VERY good for Hillary. It will probably will be rough or so-so for Bernie. But she will most likely amass another good chunk of delegates.

We know hes not dropping out. I would really just hope he drops the right wing type attacks. Its fine to talk about his policies and direction, but I would hope he would drop the really over the top attacks on Clinton and the Dem party, because to me, it just shows me he is in this for him, and him only. To make some mark, even if that mark is that he poisoned a whole voting block against the party he joined to run with...

sigh. We shall see what happens.

I think it's fair to call "some" of his supporters the Left Wing Tea Party

I have never seen these type of attacks on Hillary from the left before. Even when it was heated between her and Obama, it was more about Obama being a movement for change, where Hillary was status quo

While that argument still exists, it's really gotten ugly.

I guess what really bugs me is you have a man who's never associated with the D party...ever, and openly admits he joined the party so he can get more media coverage....has now used this medium to turn a large portion of the the D base against someone who's done nothing but good things for the party.

It's been a dick move.

Well, it's a relief that the primary is now over for us on the left. Now I can just sit back without a pony in the race and eat my popcorn before voting for Jill Stein again in November. :up:

...has now used this medium to turn a large portion of the the D base against someone who's done nothing but good things for the party..

Yeah, because voting for free trade agreements, supporting fracking and authorizing the Iraq War were good things for the party. :lol:

Seriously, it's like Clinton supporters are just pissed that someone ran a competitive campaign against her...and the guy didn't even do any personal attack ads against Clinton, just as he promised. If anything, Sander's attacks on Clinton have come from firm disagreements in positions taken on various issues and, on the whole, are about as gentle and civil as you could expect them to be in a race like this.

Sure, but most of them are over 65 years old compared to the twenty year old kids at the Sanders rallies. The most enthusiastic supporters of Sanders will be the lifeblood of this party for years to come while Clinton's biggest base in terms of age will nearly all be dead twenty years form now.

I think it shows that he really has no chance in the general for the same reasons we say the GOP can't win

You cannot rely on a 98% white male base to win.

And now you're just pulling stuff out of your rear-end given that Sanders did nearly as well among young women as he did with young men (and he probably got more votes from young women given that they have a much higher turnout). The guy was handily defeating Clinton in people under 50 in virtually every state, so let's just stop with the myth that it was just a bunch of young white guys on their computers.

Seriously, it's like Clinton supporters are just pissed that someone ran a competitive campaign against her...and the guy didn't even do any personal attack ads against Clinton, just as he promised. If anything, Sander's attacks on Clinton have come from firm disagreements in positions taken on various issues and, on the whole, are about as gentle and civil as you could expect them to be in a race like this.

If you honestly believe this I have some of the water Bernie walked on for sale. Interested?

Ok.

Making decisions for millions of people are hard. I'm not proud that Clinton voted for the Iraq War, or any other questionable vote or policy.

But it's not black and white. That's what bothers me about Bernie, he reduces everything to this fallacy.

He was against the bailouts, which on a idealogical level seemed wrong, but it's easy to just take that stand. We will never know how bad things could have been if we did nothing.

Fracking appears to have some major issues, and I hope we can get more data to show this is truly a bad direction to go.

What is frustrating is being constantly told you are wrong for something you said or did in the past as if there were no other variables in play.

It's easy to always oppose something and then claim you have the moral high ground know full well what you stand for has no chance in hell of ever happening. And when you show no ability to compromise to get some of what you want.

I support Hillary because I feel she can move some legislation forward. I am not naive to think we'll get to some Utopia.

This country is divided nearly 50/50, we are not set up to enact legislation that shows no middle ground.

We have a broken system, but it is one with checks and balances. Thinking one man (or woman) who will revolutionize this entire infrastructure is so frustrating to listen to. It's this thinking that has led people to think Obama has been a failure. I consider him to be one of the greatest ever considering the time and state of the union when he took over.

We don't need a revolution. We are living in a golden age of humanity (especially those of us with the time to argue on a U2 message board)

What we need is what we have seen over our history, implement policies to better improve society and well being, and make corrections to those that need to be fixed.

Sure, but most of them are over 65 years old compared to the twenty year old kids at the Sanders rallies. The most enthusiastic supporters of Sanders will be the lifeblood of this party for years to come while Clinton's biggest base in terms of age will nearly all be dead twenty years form now.

Sanders will be dead 20 years from now.

There will be enthusiastic 20-year olds in 20 years like there always have been. And, likely, they won't show up at the polls the way the 65ers do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but voter turnouts are why Sanders has even had a chance... I'm pretty sure we *are* seeing good turnout right now.

Back
Top Bottom