2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last time I visited SoCal (like 20 yrs ago), went out for my best friend's wedding. He was doing his residency at UC Irvine. Went out for a week, he took us (me and 2 other friends who came from Boston area) to where he said were the best tacos in the world, a little hole in the wall at Rosarito Beach, Mexico. He was aghast when all 3 of us said they weren't that good.
The drive through Tijuana was interesting though.

I'm going back to So Cal in August for first time since then (aside from layover at LAX on way to Maui on my honeymoon), so any good taco recommendations (will be staying in OC, hitting Disney, SD Zoo and possibly Universal) are welcome.

At least it'll get the thread off of mass transit talk and on to taco talk.

LOL. The best tacos I've ever had were from sketchy shack in Ensenada.

I like Guisados in Boyle Heights.

Last edited:
What were you doing here? Where did you go for tacos?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oh wow. Had no idea you live there! I was there for work. Probably will be traveling there frequently this year. Ate at Pappasitos. Probably nothing special but better than what we have in Wisconsin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh wow. Had no idea you live there! I was there for work. Probably will be traveling there frequently this year. Ate at Pappasitos. Probably nothing special but better than what we have in Wisconsin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PM me next time. They aren't bad, but there's much better.

If I have learnt anything from this thread lately, it's that I definitely shouldn't look for jobs in the US. As somebody who can't drive, one of the reasons why I live in Melbourne is because it has easily the best public transport in Australasia, and probably the Southern Hemisphere. Melburnians complain about it all the time, but if you live in the inner or middle suburbs you simply don't need to own a car - and it's often quicker to take the tram or train, or to walk.

If I have learnt anything from this thread lately, it's that I definitely shouldn't look for jobs in the US. As somebody who can't drive, one of the reasons why I live in Melbourne is because it has easily the best public transport in Australasia, and probably the Southern Hemisphere. Melburnians complain about it all the time, but if you live in the inner or middle suburbs you simply don't need to own a car - and it's often quicker to take the tram or train, or to walk.

Reading about transport in the US makes it sound like an absolute nightmare, as someone who's well accustomed to taking the train (and the occasional bus) much of the time.

Oh that's fine, complaining about public transport seems to be somewhat of a national sport in Australia - judging by you guys, the US as well. :lol:

I've never voted in a primary before, do I need to do anything or is being registered to vote enough?

Here, the primaries worked just like midterms. Granted, that's secondhand information since I'm not registered with a party. But, how it works in PA is totally up to your state party.

I'm slightly exaggerating. They were not paying particularly close attention and originally checked me in under the name above me in the registry (same last name) but I corrected them before I voted.

"I met this humbling man called Abu [Bakhar al-Baghdadi]... and his son... he looks like Bill Gates *laughs*..."

That video clip really does make Bono look like a condescending turd.

He's kind of all over the spectrum.

"The refugee crisis poses an existential threat to Europe"

"European Unity is at risk"

"We need more weapons"

"We need a Marshall Plan for the current problems in the Middle East"

"Be proactive now to prevent future problems"

And of course

His campaign slogan
"America is not just a country but an idea"

I found his views refreshing with some substance and understanding. Better stated than some of our own politicians.

I hope a congressperson grills him on SOE release date when he testifies today.

Back
Top Bottom