2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what happens from here on out, having someone like Trump get as far as he has in this election is a very ugly stain on America. It's unforgiveable for people to back him. And when people say "yeah, both choices are awful" that's about as true as saying "tomorrow i'll either have to cut my toe nails or get gonorrhea. I dont feel like either". One is immeasurably worse than the other.

Today he's started claims that the election is going to be rigged. Pre-empting his loss and the chaos he'll follow it up with.

It's predictable as all hell.

No matter what happens from here on out, having someone like Trump get as far as he has in this election is a very ugly stain on America. It's unforgiveable for people to back him. And when people say "yeah, both choices are awful" that's about as true as saying "tomorrow i'll either have to cut my toe nails or get gonorrhea. I dont feel like either". One is immeasurably worse than the other.
Yea. Cutting toe nails is the worst. Can never get them just right.

Today he's started claims that the election is going to be rigged. Pre-empting his loss and the chaos he'll follow it up with.

Yep, start it now. The sad thing is there's already a narrative for it.

Clinton and the DNC rigged the primaries against Bernie!!!!!

So now it'll happen against Trump. Get his fan base up in a riot now....and try to get some of the Occupy/BernieBro people to his side

I just want to see his taxes. Buffet came out today and said he's under audit too and would gladly release his

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's also genuinely disturbing. People who believe in the democratic process and respect the will of the electorate do not do this. Ever. I maintain that those who describe Trump as a fascist are misusing the term, but he sure has an authoritarian or dictatorial streak and these sorts of pronouncements demonstrate it.

Yep. I really don't get the hugely negative narrative about Clinton either. No, I'm not on board with her hawkish foreign policy. If the US had a viable and genuinely left-wing, social democratic option, I would support it in a heartbeat (I don't think Sanders was it - his left-wing credentials were overstated - and the paltry excuse for a Green Party in the US sure as shit isn't it either). But as it stands, the US has a choice between a woman who possesses strong qualifications and obvious competence for the job, and a man with no apparent qualifications who reacts like a schoolyard bully to any form of disagreement with him, cannot articulate policies, and shows almost no interest in anything beyond his own ego. To say this is an attempt to choose the lesser of two evils is farcical. This is a choice between a woman who can do the job and a man who not only cannot, but will actively destroy the US and negatively affect the globe.

Anybody who thinks Trump will make America great again has neither considered his temperament nor the implications of literally anything he has proposed to do. He will make America a global laughingstock, or - for its patriots, even worse - a global irrelevancy. Trump will turn the US into a has-been.

Even the most #merica dude out there can't side with a guy who shits on the parents of a soldier who died sacrificing his life to save his fellow troops.

]No multi-quote function on my tablet

Yeah, really!
I couldn't quite believe it when he started to insult Mr Khan. And my jaw continues to drop on this ongoing slamming by Trump.

Last edited:
I've been trying to imagine him watching a cultural demonstration in a foreign country, like presidents do when they visit. Will he make fun of it, like he does everything he doesn't understand?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Omg Hadn't imagined that scenario yet! Yikes!
He could start a semi-riot with an ignorant, insulting remark. Gah!

Last edited:
I will never say that he's hit his lowest point... because everytime i think that he finds a new low.

Co3duqwXgAANPN1.jpg

Donald Trump hates babies.

I will never say that he's hit his lowest point... because everytime i think that he finds a new low.

I couldn't watch John Stewart's show because no cable. Just caught glimpses of it through snippets shown elsewhere.

He had a segment called something like "Have We Hit Bottom Yet?!" omg

To spare u more single posts, thanks namcurK, BEAL, Iriving, Moonlit, trojanchick99

Last edited:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out of the race before the elections, while claiming that it's all rigged.

Last edited:
And now he refuses to endorse Ryan.

Paul Ryan's likely statement: "this doesn't represent the GOP. But I still stand with him".

There's a part of me that actually feels a bit bad for longtime members of the GOP. I mean, what do they do? Not that I really feel that bad though.

The GOP is screwed. Because Obama has told them to un-endorse, now they can't do it. :lol:

Also, if Ryan and McCain do it they look petty since Trump has now publicly said he doesn't support them.

Somewhere in a dark basement, Ted Cruz laughs. Then gets back to dismembering his latest victim.

There's a part of me that actually feels a bit bad for longtime members of the GOP. I mean, what do they do? Not that I really feel that bad though.

They did it to themselves though. Demanding their very own media so that they can turn a blind eye, fully embracing the denying of science full on, they no longer encouraged the intelligent conservative and no one stood up or spoke out. So they got this; a fucking child in a 10,000 dollar suit.

The Democrats aren't immune to this either. I see certain traps that if they're not careful may snowball into a downfall if they don't catch themselves.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out of the race before the elections, while claiming that it's all rigged.

Oh, please, can this happen? Pretty please? *Clasps hands hopefully*

They did it to themselves though. Demanding their very own media so that they can turn a blind eye, fully embracing the denying of science full on, they no longer encouraged the intelligent conservative and no one stood up or spoke out. So they got this; a fucking child in a 10,000 dollar suit.

Yep. I do believe some of the more "old-school" Republicans are speaking out because they genuinely are embarrassed at what the party's become both with Trump and in recent years in general.

But a lot of those who "speak out" now are doing so only because they're unhappy with how Trump has blatantly exposed so many of their party's worst qualities so openly, and they're trying to shush him to attempt to save their own skins. All the racist, xenophobic, sexist stuff they tried to hide for so long or brush off as nothing, well, they can't exactly hide it anymore, or ignore it.

And they keep doubling down on far right policies to boot, despite the fact that they've been continuing to lose a lot of potential voting blocs because of those policies. Clearly they have no interest in learning from their mistakes/screw ups, for whatever reason.

The Democrats aren't immune to this either. I see certain traps that if they're not careful may snowball into a downfall if they don't catch themselves.

Agreed on this, too. I've always said that the Democrats should never get so cocky as to think they've got elections and support in the bag whenever the GOP fucks something up, and I especially hope they don't do that here.

The GOP is screwed. Because Obama has told them to un-endorse, now they can't do it. :lol:

Also, if Ryan and McCain do it they look petty since Trump has now publicly said he doesn't support them.

I saw that Governor Branstad and Senator Grassley from my state gave very carefully worded statements today on Trump's recent comments over the whole Khan thing that were a perfect example of, "I have to word this in a way that doesn't piss off my Republican base/Trump supporters". They basically said that Trump's comments were a "mistake" and that they did not agree with his statements, but they preferred Trump and the party keep its focus on battling Hilary instead.

Somewhere in a dark basement, Ted Cruz laughs. Then gets back to dismembering his latest victim.

It's bad that I laughed at this, isn't it :p?

then please read the entire thread and address every post you want to address that way, in one single post. constantly posting multiple posts in a row is essentially spamming.

Not to mention the fact the multi-quote function is not platform-specific. It's there whether you access the web version of Interference or use the app. It's a feature of the site, not of particular devices.

yea, i think she just needs someone to teach her how to use it.

dbl, send me a PM and let me know if you're using an iphone/ipad or android and i'll send you the instructions.

yea, i think she just needs someone to teach her how to use it.

dbl, send me a PM and let me know if you're using an iphone/ipad or android and i'll send you the instructions.

Oh, I've used the multi-quote feature on a full computer for years here, but on my tablet the multi-quote button option doesn't appear. Will clear some space in my PM box. Thanks!

Oh, wait.... Gonna try something .... nope. That I was mussing something

OK will PM you

And sorry, KR

Dave PC
Wow... Just sent you message, nothing popped up in folder so I guess that's the receive file. Nothing on drop menu for sent file. Very weird! :huh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom