2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

When I heard that earlier today... my mouth just hung open for a few seconds.

Then, my next thought was ....wait . ....isn't kind of illegal!?!??!

If you're into kinda illegal, check out the book Clinton Cash :whistle:

I caught a few flies after my mouth hung open for so long.

If you're into kinda illegal, check out the book Clinton Cash :whistle:

I caught a few flies after my mouth hung open for so long.

Yeah if you're into reading fiction from a right wing hack that's been caught lying in EVERY book he ever published then yeah give a whirl. He actually has a worst fact check record than O'Riley.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

namkcuR made a lot of great points and it's a shame that we'll be subjected to a Trump Presidency because of Hillary Clinton. :sad:

Of course, we were subjected to Bush because Gore had to shy away from embracing the blowjob-liar-in-chief, a fact that Gore brought up immediately during an enraged White House meeting with Clinton after the election. So, that will be two Clintons giving us two Republican Presidencies, sacrificing America for their own political benefit.

Depends on format??? I'm sorry, I don't post much here, but what, are we hoping that the formats might include jelly wrestling? That's aside from the part about it being a VP debate and who gives a crap.

in a nutshell:

10:54 p.m. I’ve never felt this way about a president, so I might as well admit it. Against hideously graceless opposition, in the face of extraordinary odds, facing immense crises, he stayed the course and changed this country. This election is, at its core, about not letting a bigot and a madman take that away from all of us.

Andrew Sullivan Liveblogs the DNC, Night 3

article-front-0727.jpg

it was glorious.

he makes me want to be a better person.

(which is preposterous and anti-intellectual to say, but also true)

Last edited:
I have no doubt that 50 years down the line Obama will be remembered as the best president in a generation.

only Obama can walk out to COBL.

fuckin' love that guy. :heart:

I remember hearing him walk out to that song when I was 14 years old and my dad took me to a rally of his in Austin very early in his campaign. It was probably my favorite song at the time, and I was hugely inspired by Obama. Definitely an experience I won't forget.

And being 15 and 19 and watching him at two conventions, also with COBL.

Now I'm 23 and it's crazy to think that I've been following this guy's presidential ambitions for more than a decade. And COBL is still one of my favorite songs.

And, as I've expressed before, I'm going to really miss Obama.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have no doubt that 50 years down the line Obama will be remembered as the best president in a generation.

I mean, I hope you're wrong because I would love to see consistent improvements, but at this rate you're probably right.

A big part of how a president will be perceived is how his legacy holds up. I imagine we need to see a term or two before we can draw a full Obama conclusion.

I'm only old enough to have witnessed three presidents, two of which I was consciously aware of. I'll hold my judgement, but I do think Obama has been good.

I mean, I hope you're wrong because I would love to see consistent improvements, but at this rate you're probably right.

Maybe there will be presidents who will achieve more (which depends on other external factors, eg Congress), but I doubt we will see anyone with Obama's qualities as a statesman in our lifetime. It's just so rare. I am confident we will think of him in half a century like people today think of Kennedy (without the mythical aspect created by the assassination).

I'm really happy that the 7.5 years I've lived in this country have coincided with his term in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom