2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it a bad thing if Trump can get Russia to reveal that it hacked into the Secretary of State's unsecured private server in her basement??

and also he is not asking them to commit a crime, he is only asking them if they already have to reveal it??

and also, Hillary and her attorneys have said the 30,000 deleted emails were not national security emails or anything illegal, just personal emails, between friends and family members, so if those get released she will be vindicated and Trump and her detractors will be the losers. :shrug:

Last edited:
Anybody stealing any e-mails that don't directly impact the safety and security of the nation is absolutely fine by me. If there's anything in them that the American public should hear, it's well worth hearing. :up:

Snowden is a hero. Fact.

Well, might as well make the primary process smell like shit literally given that it already does figuratively.

Plus, if Clinton suddenly said that "wafting a fart in someone's face is the progressive thing to do" it would be considered what liberals should be doing according to the party members.

As Johnnie Cochran would probably put it, "If it's from the D nominee, then the thing it should be"

#partyfartbubble

Last edited:
Anybody stealing any e-mails that don't directly impact the safety and security of the nation is absolutely fine by me. If there's anything in them that the American public should hear, it's well worth hearing. :up:

Snowden is a hero. Fact.

and if there are things that impact the safety and security that the Russians already have, the damage is done. I am sure they are trading this information with anyone that suits them to their advantage, or perhaps maybe even using it for bargaining power with Obama and Clinton. I would rather it be out so the at risk parties can know they are in danger, (if they are still alive) than operating in ignorance. The only thing at risk here is the people having evidence of how much damage Clinton"s reckless, ignorant and selfish behavior of using an unsecured, non-sanctioned private off the shelf server in her basement were.

Last edited:
Yeah, but security issues aside, she had the e-mail server for personal convenience. Just like how most of us get a Taco Bell installed in our basement so we won't have to leave the house to go to one. It's more convenient.

Oh Jesus Christ. Here we go again.

OMG. Are they going to talk about Clinton and Trump again in this presidential election thread? And talk about current events pertaining to said election? The nerve!

Or the party bubble members of this thread just go ballistic whenever their queen is portrayed negatively. #vastrightwingconspiracy

Looking at FiveThirtyEight just now. In their polling averages, Gary Johnson has the following percentages:

5.4% Florida
7.5% Ohio
9% Pennsylvania
7% Iowa
7.3% Nevada
10% New Hampshire

People voting for him could flip this election.

So infuriating.

Dan Savage was exactly right, it's grand-standing. Selfish candidates who have no chance to win but run anyway because they want the attention and who could end up taking just enough of the vote to swing an election.

DO NOT VOTE THIRD PARTY.

Having more than two parties to choose from would be great, but this is not how you do it.

So glad Bloomberg didn't run, or we(Democrats) might be totally screwed right about now.

I don't know what got into this Former Bernie supporter's head.
:crack:
That I said I don't know if she went completely rouge, or his just a clear headed rational fairminded thinker.
:hmm:

She looks like the type of gal that would dig BVS/Darrin music:heart:

You decide:

On another front, with all the undeniable collusion proven by the cache of email releases, between the MSM and DNC why do Hillerites simply deny/ignore the yuuuge ethical problems here ?

Cognitive dissonance anyone:

Attachments

• DiversionalEthics.jpg
    DiversionalEthics.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6

So infuriating.

And who exactly is entitled to the votes that Gary Johnson is going to receive in November? Jesus, let people have their freakin' say.

and also, Hillary and her attorneys have said the 30,000 deleted emails were not national security emails or anything illegal, just personal emails, between friends and family members, so if those get released she will be vindicated and Trump and her detractors will be the losers. :shrug:

When the Russians saw the 30,000 emails were only about yoga, grandkids, and grocery lists, they probably deleted that crap just like Mrs. Clinton did.

I really don't think anybody ever did. Her supporters just didn't care and will go along with whichever side of that issue she's on. Or every issue for that matter.

I called this months ago in here and nobody else was really doubting it either. She's a liberal when she needs to be and that time period in her life was roughly January to April of 2016.

Bruh_zps89tbmbpp.jpg

Looking at FiveThirtyEight just now. In their polling averages, Gary Johnson has the following percentages:

5.4% Florida

7.5% Ohio

9% Pennsylvania

7% Iowa

7.3% Nevada

10% New Hampshire

So infuriating.

Dan Savage was exactly right, it's grand-standing. Selfish candidates who have no chance to win but run anyway because they want the attention and who could end up taking just enough of the vote to swing an election.

DO NOT VOTE THIRD PARTY.

Having more than two parties to choose from would be great, but this is not how you do it.

So glad Bloomberg didn't run, or we(Democrats) might be totally screwed right about now.

You're right. People only run third party because they're attention whores. They have no other purpose whatsoever. I NEVER thought of it that way!

Hey, Russia - while you're at it, can you hack into Trump and publish his tax returns? Thx.

speaking of Russia, methinks a President Trump would order the entire 2020 US Olympic Team to be doped.

"we're gonna win a lot of medals, so many medals, most of them gold, it's gonna be a beautiful Olympics. we're gonna be great again. really great."

OMG. Are they going to talk about Clinton and Trump again in this presidential election thread? And talk about current events pertaining to said election? The nerve!

Or the party bubble members of this thread just go ballistic whenever their queen is portrayed negatively. #vastrightwingconspiracy

I don't really care if you like her or not. I just care that you hold your nose and vote for her. You and your ilk talk like you actually want Trump to win, and I'm sorry, but there is no way, none, to be logically consistent while claiming both to be a progressive and to be ok with Trump winning.

Those of you who take that position are basically saying, overhauling the entire political system as soon as possible is more important than any of the many people whose lives will be tangibly and demonstrably made worse by a Trump presidency.

How, you ask, would peoples' lives be made worse under Trump? It should be obvious but it seems like you need to be told.

The House has voted to repeal the Obamacare many times, and voted to pass many other pieces of legislation that would either defund or otherwise limit Obamacare, and now they'd finally have a president who would be willing to sign those bills. Tens of thousands of people would stand to lose their healthcare, many of whom could die without it.

There's already one SCOTUS seat to fill and their could be at least one more to fill in the next presidency, and if both seats are filled with the conservative justices Trump would be likely to nominate, Roe v Wade would be in danger of being overturned, Citizens United would likely not be overturned(seems like this would upset you, given you're a progressive and progressives hate CU), the court could reverse the decisions on gay marriage, etc etc.

He'll probably undo every executive order Obama ever signed about immigration within 24 hours of taking office, and he'll try to deport millions of illegal immigrants. Oh, he may not be successful, since it's a ridiculous proposal, but you can bet at least a small fraction of those people(which is a lot of people) will be successfully deported. To say nothing of all the young people that will stand to be deported due to the executive order about dreamers not existing anymore, and of all the parents of dreamers who could be deported since that executive order won't exist anymore either. Families being torn apart.

His 'fuck the world' attitude on foreign policy will no doubt make us even more hated by those who hate us already, make us an even bigger target of terrorism than we already are, and lower our international standing and the degree to which other countries - namely our allies - trust us. Thus making the country more dangerous for all of us.

Etc etc.

Whatever, I'm talking to a wall here, unlikely you're going to change your mind.

Whatever, I'm talking to a wall here, unlikely you're going to change your mind.

it's really too bad when progressivism becomes narcissism.

i'd really not like Trump to appoint 2-3 justices and then, somehow, i'm suddenly not married anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom