2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-24-2016, 10:12 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,510
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
“I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country,” Mrs. Clinton said in the statement.

It's not like this woman was suddenly unemployed. She is serving in the U S Congress.


Debbie Wasserman Schultz immediately joins Hillary Clinton campaign after resignation - Washington Times




In "Crooked Hillary's" world just another day at the office. Sad, just sad.
__________________

deep is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,050
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
This is getting really rich

Here's a novel idea:
Lets
make
America
#HonestAgain
<>



Speaking of really rich

I won't believe he is

Until I see

The tax returns

So let's not get too smug

Until we're sure

The checks aren't in rubles
__________________

Irvine511 is online now  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Speaking of really rich

I won't believe he is

Until I see

The tax returns

So let's not get too smug

Until we're sure

The checks aren't in rubles
I think his stink is so far less than her stink.
America will decide, but dont be surprised if it's stolen from him.

The cognitive dissonance of low information voters is surprisingly saddening, esp here.

<>
diamond is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,510
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
The idea of Trump being a Clinton plant is so over.

It's all about Trump as a Putin plant these days.
Each statement is equally true and plausable.
deep is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:36 PM   #65
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,050
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I think his stink is so far less than her stink.
America will decide, but dont be surprised if it's stolen from him.

The cognitive dissonance of low information voters is surprisingly saddening, esp here.

<>


You're right

Surprisingly sad

Thank you

For helping us

At last there is light, and truth
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:36 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,060
Local Time: 02:51 PM
I will always get a kick out of Trump supporters harping on about the issue of honesty when it comes to Hilary. Pot, this is kettle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
So many Afterberners might just stay home come November.
Meanwhile, the GOP might want to start worrying about the Republicans who are horrified that Trump is representing their party, and that the party has gone as far to the right/crazy as it has, to the point that they're willing to vote for Hilary.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,252
Local Time: 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's all about Trump as a Putin plant these days.
While I don't doubt there is a definite connection, many liberals and conservatives (I guess I could just say, the American political mainstream) alike really do like to blow up Putin's influence to infinite proportions. He's simultaneously all conquering/powerful and weak.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #68
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,521
Local Time: 02:51 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
The cognitive dissonance of low information voters is surprisingly saddening, esp here.

So you've posted, what, 5 times in the last couple days? And two of them have been insults directed at other posters here?

That's not a good ratio if you'd like to stick around.
Diemen is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,510
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I will always get a kick out of Trump supporters harping on about the issue of honesty when it comes to Hilary. Pot, this is kettle...



Meanwhile, the GOP might want to start worrying about the Republicans who are horrified that Trump is representing their party, and that the party has gone as far to the right/crazy as it has, to the point that they're willing to vote for Hilary.
And the polls that should have Hillary 8 points ahead are where, even with all these defections?
deep is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,510
Local Time: 01:51 PM
and for those of you that are holding your breath, I can tell you when Trump will release his tax returns
Never, because he is not required to.
deep is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:49 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,060
Local Time: 02:51 PM
I'm not speaking about polls. I'm no expert with them and we've discussed the issue of polls to death lately so I'm not even thinking in those terms. I'm just talking about something the GOP would logically want to consider in the coming months in general, because those Republicans are out there.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 32,050
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
and for those of you that are holding your breath, I can tell you when Trump will release his tax returns
Never, because he is not required to.



Honest

and trustworthy
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #73
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,217
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
This is getting really rich

Here's a novel idea:
Lets
make
America
#HonestAgain
<>
This would have been a great slogan if your party hadn't chosen Trump. Only a select few could make Clinton look like the trustworthy candidate; how is it you all found one that could do it so easily?


Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post

The cognitive dissonance of low information voters is surprisingly saddening, esp here.

<>

This is cute. I know you haven't been around in awhile, but Rushisms are dead. We're in a post fact Trump world now, everything you stood for during Obama's years... you've now just voted for. Information and fact are laughed upon and mocked, white supremacist's polls and misinformation are now used in here as sources. Breitbart is considered fact while Fox News is now liberal. We've gone well beyond "low information", your party just ushered in a new era of ignorance. Pat yourself on the back.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:09 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I will always get a kick out of Trump supporters harping on about the issue of honesty when it comes to Hilary. Pot, this is kettle...



Meanwhile, the GOP might want to start worrying about the Republicans who are horrified that Trump is representing their party, and that the party has gone as far to the right/crazy as it has, to the point that they're willing to vote for Hilary.

I don't know any of these people you speak of except sourpusses like Romney and Lindsey Graham. I think the math and energy will be on our side when the day comes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:19 PM   #75
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,217
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I think the math and energy will be on our side when the day comes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

See?! Post fact...



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:29 PM   #76
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,001
Local Time: 12:51 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Meanwhile, the GOP might want to start worrying about the Republicans who are horrified that Trump is representing their party, and that the party has gone as far to the right/crazy as it has, to the point that they're willing to vote for Hilary.

Believe it or not, I like Donald Trump as an individual more than the Romneys and Cruzses of the world. At least I get a kick out of his comments on occasion.

That being said, I have never been more offended by a ticket in my life. As an American and as a human being with a moral compass, the concept of a man being nominated not in spite of but on the strength of ruthless capitalism, unchecked ego, explicit racism and casual misogyny makes me want to vomit.

It's never been clearer to me that this country is full of people driven by spite and a streak of regressive nationalism that threatens to set the country back decades. Our potential VP did just that in Indiana already by accelerating the trend Mitch Daniels began and made the state a laughingstock. He's but one of many harmful influences that Trump has already surrounded himself with, which is important because we know, politically, he'll bend with the breeze.

I stopped feeling any pride for my country the moment we collectively opted to do nothing about the way we distribute firearms following the slaughter of 20 children, but the direction being taken by one of our two relevant parties has only heightened my resentment.

Despite my trepidations with Hillary, I will go out and vote. But it's only to keep the ship from sinking immediately. There's so much about our electoral process that's backwards and broken that I'm not confident we'll find a real, positive difference maker any time soon. It's all very discouraging.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:36 PM   #77
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,075
Local Time: 07:51 AM
You're not alone, however. The Western world over, it seems there has been a big rise in this anti-establishment, anti-PC, anti-common fucking sense movement.

In the UK, the Remain crew tried to campaign with common sense and with facts. It was seen as flat, uninspiring, boring. Leave campaigned boisterously, trumpeting fear, xenophobia, all that. Similar-ish things happening here with xenophobes getting elected like Pauline Hanson. Same thing happening in the States with Trump.

The facts didn't matter in the UK.

The facts don't matter to Pauline Hanson voters in Australia.

The facts don't matter to Trump supporters.

Which is why I don't think Hillary is going to shit this in.
cobl04 is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:41 PM   #78
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,760
Local Time: 07:51 AM
I'm amazed so many Americans are comfortable with the fact that Trump's campaign is making the US a global laughingstock. At least Bush didn't make American politics the butt of everybody else's jokes and headshaking until he got into power. Obama did a lot to restore America's international reputation and that has been almost completely lost by Trump's campaign already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
This is getting really rich

Here's a novel idea:
Lets
make
America
#HonestAgain
<>
Ah yes, honesty, is that when something you said is quoted to you verbatim and you deny that you ever said it?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #79
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,521
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

Ah yes, honesty, is that when something you said is quoted to you verbatim and you deny that you ever said it?

Who would do something like that??
Diemen is offline  
Old 07-24-2016, 11:49 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,060
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I don't know any of these people you speak of except sourpusses like Romney and Lindsey Graham.
They're sourpusses because they dare to think that nominating someone like Trump makes what should be a legitimate, respectable party look like a total laughingstock and a three-ring circus? Mmkay.

And I believe Irvine has mentioned a few Republicans who've expressed support for Hilary in recent threads. And I know Republicans who can't stand Trump, either. Trust me, they're out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I think the math and energy will be on our side when the day comes.
If you say so.

(Funny you talk about a post-fact world, BVS-John Oliver just touched on that in his show earlier.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Believe it or not, I like Donald Trump as an individual more than the Romneys and Cruzses of the world. At least I get a kick out of his comments on occasion.
I haven't cared for him well before this election just 'cause he always struck me as utterly obnoxious and pompous. That said, yes, he is unintentionally funny sometimes with the things he says and does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
That being said, I have never been more offended by a ticket in my life. As an American and as a human being with a moral compass, the concept of a man being nominated not in spite of but on the strength of ruthless capitalism, unchecked ego, explicit racism and casual misogyny makes me want to vomit.

It's never been clearer to me that this country is full of people driven by spite and a streak of regressive nationalism that threatens to set the country back decades. Our potential VP did just that in Indiana already by accelerating the trend Mitch Daniels began and made the state a laughingstock.

I stopped feeling any pride for my country the moment we collectively opted to do nothing following the slaughter of 20 children, but the direction being taken by one of our two relevant parties has only heightened my resentment.
This. All of this. If the only issue with Trump was that he was about as honest as your average politician, fine, whatever. Politicians are dishonest, and in other news, water is wet.

But holy shit, the party he represents is utterly terrifying. Instead of trying to reenergize and perhaps move to a more moderate sort of policy, they've doubled down on an extreme anti-gay platform (while simultaneously nominating a man who's been married three times-yay, traditional family values!). They're hideously restrictive and ignorant when it comes to women's health issues.

They've got people who legit believe Obama is a Muslim/communist-socialist-dictator hybrid/not really born in the U.S.. They have Rick freaking Santorum in their party (sure, voters have rejected him when he's run for president, but the party seems intent on following his belief system), and recently David Duke, of all people, came out in support of Trump, which should REALLY tell you something (after all, if who a candidate associates with, or who supports them, truly matters the way the right keeps insisting it does when it comes to Obama and Reverend Wright or Bill Ayers, then I think it's only fair we look at and judge Trump by the people who support or associate with him, too. Right?).

They can't seem to discuss immigration policy without insulting and stereotyping an entire group of people in the process. They want to ban or "vet" Muslims (even if Trump's not serious about the ban, many of his supporters seem to think that's a legit good idea, and many politicians are okay with "vetting" Muslims). They also can't talk about welfare reform without insulting poor and working class people and calling them "lazy moochers".

The GOP is truly fucked up in terms of their policy and attitude towards certain groups of people, and Trump is pretty much the epitome of all that is wrong with that party (though I do agree that I don't feel he's homophobic the way the GOP as a whole is, so...yay for that, at least?). And that is the biggest reason I cannot bear to support them, and why it mystifies me that people who may not always agree with much of the above would still think to support them.
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×