2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm:

Are we going to incorporate both conventions into this thread, or have dedicated (separate) threads for each?

If we make separate threads we can keep stuff here that might be less (or not at all but still about the race) connected to the conventions.

It's all Part of the same Saga so this thread encompasses all. They include more than 2 storylines in a single episode of GoT.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

u2democratic was for him as Governor, so that's a good sign. I love Warren (may be better she stays in the Senate), like Booker, and Brown so yeah... whom ever might be best Course that can be argued, too .

We'll know soon enough!
I think that had more to do with Kaine's opponent than Kaine himself. I think he would be a poor choice.

Well the convention hasn't even really started and we already have 'white elevators', neo nazis "protecting" Trump, and Colbert just hilariously crashed the party.

Never-Trump movements are making a last-ditch effort to sway delegates to vote their conscience and deny Trump the nomination.

Not likely to work, but maybe at least they can make it messy.

Somewhere in an alley in downtown Cleveland Mitt Romney is pacing back and forth, hoping against hope that he is called upon for another run.

When Harambe news first broke on the radio I thought they were talking about "Mitt Romney". Took me a few minutes to figure out.

So, apparently anti-Trump forces managed to get enough states on board to file a motion/petition to have a roll-call vote, but then when their RNC chair got on stage, he announced that several of those states had withdrawn from the petition, and that the petition no longer had enough states on board to be valid, so no roll call. People are calling BS. Buzz that some states/delegates were intimidated by the RNC and/or the Trump campaign to withdraw.

It's pretty chaotic.

So, apparently anti-Trump forces managed to get enough states on board to file a motion/petition to have a roll-call vote, but then when their RNC chair got on stage, he announced that several of those states had withdrawn from the petition, and that the petition no longer had enough states on board to be valid, so no roll call. People are calling BS. Buzz that some states/delegates were intimidated by the RNC and/or the Trump campaign to withdraw.

It's pretty chaotic.

I just hope the chaos continues without anyone getting shot. Honestly, this whole RNC convention just smells of a mass shooting. Really hate to say it but if they can just get through without incident, that would be preferred.

It's pretty chaotic.

and to think, just this morning i thought we were going to be watching Stranger Things tonight.

:corn:

It's pretty chaotic.

Wow.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the intimidation argument was true. Be quite interesting to see how those who were anti-Trump respond to this in the coming days.

I certainly hope this gets more chaotic. Could be quite entertaining.

Never-Trump movements are making a last-ditch effort to sway delegates to vote their conscience and deny Trump the nomination.

Not likely to work, but maybe at least they can make it messy.

I didn't watch this live, but from what I been able to find out, it didn't get that messy

Somewhere in an alley in downtown Cleveland Mitt Romney is pacing back and forth, hoping against hope that he is called upon for another run.

very true, he had a game plan and actually talked himself into believing it, but he along with the Bush clan is now dead to the new broader tent working class GOP party, Put down Kasich as a total loser too, what an ass, to have the convention in his state and not giving a keynote, all along he thought he was the shot to get the nom when Trump fell, but Trump has only kept rising

It's pretty chaotic.

yes, there was this little circle jerk of insiders that thought they owned the party, the voice of the people does matter

I just hope the chaos continues without anyone getting shot. Honestly, this whole RNC convention just smells of a mass shooting. Really hate to say it but if they can just get through without incident, that would be preferred.

sadly you may be right, and this lays at the feet of Kasich, what a sick fuck he is, one would think he would ban open carry within 1000 feet of the convention site, but now we can have agitated BLM types, and the like with guns confronting conventioneers, Kasich is so fucked up he thinks people will buy the bullshit, that when people come and start swinging on people he can say see what Trump has brought us, remember Kasich 2020 :up:

and to think, just this morning i thought we were going to be watching Stranger Things tonight.

:corn:

stranger things is pretty good, not great, I think you will enjoy it
this event will be a mixed bag for you, you will find things you and your social media friends can gawk over, but at the end of the week, I am predicting not the 'Circus has come to town" official email I got from the DNC,
but more on a net, net positive for the Trump/ Pense ticket with a bump in the polls to carry them through the election

Wow.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the intimidation argument was true. Be quite interesting to see how those who were anti-Trump respond to this in the coming days.

you do realize these people and their argument is worth about 25% of anything BMP and the Bernie people have posted, that is they have a more legitimate claim than any of the anti-Trump people.

I certainly hope this gets more chaotic. Could be quite entertaining.

should be entertaining, I expect some chaos on the outside.

lastly, for those of you that think this is something new, it pales in what Reagan and his people did to Ford in 76, Reagan basicly won the 80 nomination in 1976, Cruz needs to be careful here, his standing is nowhere near as strong as Reagan's was in 1976. But if he is smart he can get way out in front for 2020. And have a real shot of beating Hillary then, losing now he can win in 4 years, just as Reagan did better losing in 76 to win in 1980.

of course 2020 is not 1980, but I expect things to get worse in the next 4 years and Hillary to be easy to beat.

Last edited:
That does seem to be the Republican strategy when Democrats hold the White House.

14789132.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom