2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the plagiarism thing, I never said or implied it was not a plagiarism

my only point was how much, and how big of a deal it was,
if Hillary had only used a public gmail account 300 times, and whack jobs were blowing it up, I would be asking how big of deal is it? that she did breach State Dept policy to that extend?

plagiarism? the charge stands, and even the most bias defense cannot explain that phrase about dreams, the phasing is too unique.

But to say Melania chose to plagiarize to the same extend Biden chose to do in in 1988 is ridiculous. And I am not saying anyone in here said that, maybe some did. But, that was all over so-called legitimate news channels.

And now this,

The in-house staff writer did it.

After more than two days of evasion, denials and contradictory explanations, the Trump campaign released a statement Wednesday – "to whom it may concern" – ascribing the plagiarized passages in Melanie Trump's convention speech to a scribe working for his corporate operation.

"In working with Melania Trump on her recent first lady speech, we discussed many people who inspired her and messages she wanted to share with the American people,” said Meredith McIver, who described herself as a longtime and admirer of the Trump family. “A person she always liked is Michelle Obama.”

By McIver’s account, Melania Trump read her some passages from Obama’s speech at the 2008 Democratic convention and they inadvertently made their way into the final draft that she delivered Monday at the GOP’s gathering in Cleveland.

“This was my mistake and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as Mrs. Obama,” McIver said. “No harm was meant.”

She said she offered her resignation to Donald Trump, the Republican nominee, as well as his family, but it was rejected. “Mr. Trump told me that people make innocent mistakes and that we learn and grow these experiences.”

Does the crime deserve death or with proper apology a slap on the wrist, and don't to that again.

I do find it interesting, (endearing and incredibly honest) that the Trump people admit Melania admires Michelle, many of use do. But, that does not mean we think Hillary 2016 is the best choice for President.

Oh, so now they throw the speech writer under the bus but in a way where Trump looks compassionate for rejecting her resignation.

*puke

really gives you confidence that he's got the skills to work out a great deal, a beautiful deal, the best deal you've ever seen, with Iran and friends.

Questions for today RNC speakers

*** WEDNESDAY ***
[Wednesday, July 20, 2016/ 7:20 PM EDT]
Make America First Again
Convention Called to Order
Reince Priebus
Chair, Republican National Committee
Presentation of the Colors
Local Boy Scout Troop
Pledge of Allegiance
Margo Hudson
Graduate, Seeds of Literacy
The National Anthem
Abby Paskvan
Bowling Green, OH
Invocation
Nathan Johnson
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Remarks
Laura Ingraham
Conservative Political Commentator
Video
The Trump We Know
Remarks
Phil Ruffin
Businessman
Remarks
The Hon. Pam Bondi
Attorney General
Video
Apollo 11 Anniversary
Remarks
Col. Eileen Collins, Ret.
First Female Commander, U.S. Space Shuttle
Video
The Plan is Real
Remarks
Michelle Van Etten
Women In Business For Trump
Remarks
The Hon. Ralph Alvarado, Jr.
State Senator
Remarks
Darrell Scott
Senior Pastor, New Spirit Revival Center Ministries
Remarks
Harold Hamm
CEO, Continental Resources
Remarks
The Hon. Scott Walker
Governor
Video
Lynne Patton – The Trump Family I Know
Remarks
Lynne Patton
The Eric Trump Foundation
Video
Senator Marco Rubio
Remarks
The Hon. Ted Cruz
U.S. Senator

Video
My Father, Donald Trump
Remarks
Eric Trump
Remarks
The Hon. Newt Gingrich & Callista Gingrich
Former Speaker, U.S. House of Representatives
Remarks
The Hon. Mike Pence
Vice Presidential Nominee and Governor
Benediction
His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of
America and Exarch of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans

Read more: RNC 2016 schedule of events and speakers - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Will Rubio in his video speech and more important Cruz in his floor speech give an endorsement of Trump???

More polls regularly coming in showing Trump ahead nationally and closing in on key swing states. If he wins, we all have the RegisteredDems4Lyfe to thank for choosing such a terrible candidate. :doh:

More polls regularly coming in showing Trump ahead nationally and closing in on key swing states. If he wins, we all have the RegisteredDems4Lyfe to thank for choosing such a terrible candidate. :doh:

While it hasn't been a great week for Clinton, I've seen nothing in the polls that suggest she's in big trouble. Plus you need to consider the Convention bump in anything that came out today.

Don't believe the polls, remember they were wrong in GOP primaries, they always had Trump numbers off
And they were consistently wrong on Hillarys primary results, why believe them now?

Watching CNN, Danid Gergen and Van Jones are actually putting Melania speech incident on same playing field as Hillarys email server.

Holy shit. So Pence will be running things. awesome. :|

Like I said before, that's what worries me the most about Trump winning. Even if people don't think he's all that serious about following through on his campaign promises, he's surrounding himself with people who would. Or at least, they'd fight hard to try and encourage him to support it.

Pence running the show is not my worry about Trump winning.

My worry is and always has been the culture shift associated with a Trump victory.

I completely understand your feelings on this, if I believed the worst elements would takeover, like Cheney took over W's Administration I would be concerned too. We have extreme elements wielding power on both sides.

Somewhere awhile back, Irvine wrote that he could not say he believed Trump was anti-gay or something like that. Even in this politically charged season Trump said trans people can use what ever bathroom they want in his buildings. Also, Pence is the one GOP Governor that did not sign the bias religions liberty exceptions laws that all the GOP State legislators have passed.

There was an article a few days back in my morning paper about how China has worked the trade agreements to her advantage. They have cornered the rare earth markets and are charging 20-30 tariffs, and lost a judgment in the WTO about this. They just ignore it, like they did when they lost a recent judgement on the territories they are taking in the oceans.

When Trump mentions that we are making bad agreements with China he is right, and when he says we are weak in enforcing them he is right.

Both of these candidates are not my ideal, at this time I believe Hillary would be worse for all Americans.

Also, Pence is the one GOP Governor that did not sign the bias religions liberty exceptions laws that all the GOP State legislators have passed.

That's a very misleading reading of Pence's stance on social issues. Pence DID in fact sign a piece of legislation into law that provided the religious liberty exemption. He caved shortly after the fact and took away the law's provision that would have allowed businesses to deny services based on religious beliefs, but he's no friend to the LGBT community (to put it mildly).

interestingly, i used to be pretty confident that realclearpolitics would include all major polling outfits. But I noticed last week, they didn't include 2 national polls that had Clinton up 9 and 13...
hmmmm...

That's a very misleading reading of Pence's stance on social issues. Pence DID in fact sign a piece of legislation into law that provided the religious liberty exemption. He caved shortly after the fact and took away the law's provision that would have allowed businesses to deny services based on religious beliefs, but he's no friend to the LGBT community (to put it mildly).

Yes. Very strange misunderstanding on Deep's part. Pence is about as anti-gay as governors get.

One also almost gets the sense that BMP wants Trump to win.

The Revolutionary Communist Party goes to the convention to burn a large American flag chanting, "Nothing matters but revolution!"
:down: class act, these find young people.

Yes. Very strange misunderstanding on Deep's part. Pence is about as anti-gay as governors get.

One also almost gets the sense that BMP wants Trump to win.

oh sure, I admit he is anti gay,
I did not mean to imply his beliefs were not, he is a Religious Conservative,

just that he is less offensive than a Ted Cruz would have been on the ticket, and like many conservatives I know, they can believe abortion is ending a baby's life wothout screaming 'murderer' in someones face.

there was no attempt to 'mislead' my post was from a faint memory of right-winger denouncing him

Under pressure, and following a disastrous interview on ABC in which Pence struggled to answer questions about whether the bill was discriminatory, he agreed to a legislative fix that made clear that businesses couldn’t discriminate against people on the basis of, among other things, sexual orientation. But that, in turn, enraged social conservatives who felt that the protections they wanted were gone again.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-vp-pick-mike-pence-evangelicals-225623#ixzz4Ez3tRd61
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

and many of you can agree that many so-called GOP want Hillary to win, there are commentators on CNN on the GOP side that are full Cruz people with the only objective of a Cruz 2020, so when CNN goes for a GOP comment we have piling on with Van Jones and other Dems.

Last edited:
He would also try to roll back all the legalized weed in the states that have it.

OH, lT'S ON, CHRISTIE.

kbsp4p.gif

The Revolutionary Communist Party goes to the convention to burn a large American flag chanting, "Nothing matters but revolution!"
:down: class act, these find young people.

Wait, a party that advocates revolution just advocated revolution?

SHOCK!

Kasich should be dead in GOP, putting out VP story same day Pense seeks to weaken Trump. Cruz needs to go full Trump tonight if he wants to be in good position should Hillary win. If he falters, Rubio has chance of to be heir apparent. If Rubio is smart he goes full Trump, that way he keeps his base and can co-opt Trumps, which most assumed would slide over to Cruz. Rubio could be the future if he can find a way to retain Trumps populace base.

interestingly, i used to be pretty confident that realclearpolitics would include all major polling outfits. But I noticed last week, they didn't include 2 national polls that had Clinton up 9 and 13...
hmmmm...

Unfortunately, that recent NBC News poll posted on RCP had nearly 9,500 registered voters (compared to the usual 1,000) and had a margin of error of only 1.4. Clinton lead by a single point. :doh:

Kasich should be dead in GOP, putting out VP story same day Pense seeks to weaken Trump. Cruz needs to go full Trump tonight if he wants to be in good position should Hillary win. If he falters, Rubio has chance of to be heir apparent. If Rubio is smart he goes full Trump, that way he keeps his base and can co-opt Trumps, which most assumed would slide over to Cruz. Rubio could be the future if he can find a way to retain Trumps populace base.

63630185.jpg

So far today
Two of the worst convention speakers ever.
First, Ruffin a business partner, just a bad public speaker
This women, Michelle Van Etten is painful to watch. SNL skit gone wrong.

It's a little early to go all Chicken Little on us, don't you think?

Absolutely. But it's probably the most meaningful poll so far given its timing, sample size and margin of error. Democrats would have had a cakewalk against the most despised Republican since Hoover ran for re-election, but instead nominated a disastrous candidate with a famous name due to a lack of political knowledge among that electorate.

If we get Trumped, blame Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom