2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no
because he is a poor president backing up a poor Sec of State that will keep covering up his bad policies like he did for her,
basic quid per quo.

no
because he is a poor president backing up a poor Sec of State that will keep covering up his bad policies like he did for her,
basic quid per quo.

Deep said Obama's a poor president. Must be true, guys.

As we all know, deep is THE arbiter of truth around here.

Your act is getting stale, deep.

LOL Melania Trump actually plagiarized Michelle Obama's 2008 convention speech. This is insane.

"For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country"

yes, I found it odd, too.

Why?! There's never been a Trump that's come up with an original idea. She learned from the best; just attach your name to something good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm sure the irony of plagiarizing a line about hard work will be lost amidst the outrage.

Ha. And Melania Trump apparently gave an earlier interview saying she drafted the speech using as little help as possible.

From Slate

Rudy Giuliani just gave a fuming speech against all Donald Trump critics. Here is the money line: “This is a man with a big heart who loves people, all people from the top to the bottom to the middle to the side. I am telling you this because I am sick and tired of the defamation of Donald Trump by the media and by the Clinton campaign. I am sick and tired of it. This is a good man. And America should be sick and tired of the vicious nasty campaign.”

Ever the showmen, Trump just gave the most Trumpian entrance in the history of Republican National Conventions, coming out to Queen's "We Are the Champions," emerging as a silhouette against a grey screen, before entering the stage clapping with a huge grin on his face. “We’re going to win so big, thank you very much ladies and gentlemen,” he said. Then he introduced his wife Melania. It was only like a minute, but it was an epic performance and hopefully a great preview for his acceptance speech Thursday, though I don't know how he's going to top it.

A big heart who loves people?

As long as they're not Mexican or Muslim, maybe.

Well, he used a Queen song, so expect the surviving band members to issue a notice about how they don't support him or authorized their song for use at the convention in 3..2...

Oh god, I just looked it up. Brian May came out before this over a week ago saying they would never give permission. Christ, what a fucking prick.

This whole "music choice" thing seems to happen an awful lot with the Republican Party in particular, doesn't it? Reagan and Springsteen, Palin and Heart, Trump and Queen. I imagine there's been others, too. Do they just not care whether or not the artist in question would actually support their political campaign and beliefs, or what? Are there not enough conservative-leaning musicians out there that would fit better?

Do they just not care whether or not the artist in question would actually support their political campaign and beliefs, or what? Are there not enough conservative-leaning musicians out there that would fit better?

Definitely the latter, and probably the former too.

Well, he used a Queen song, so expect the surviving band members to issue a notice about how they don't support him or authorized their song for use at the convention in 3..2...

Oh god, I just looked it up. Brian May came out before this over a week ago saying they would never give permission. Christ, what a fucking prick.

This whole "music choice" thing seems to happen an awful lot with the Republican Party in particular, doesn't it? Reagan and Springsteen, Palin and Heart, Trump and Queen. I imagine there's been others, too. Do they just not care whether or not the artist in question would actually support their political campaign and beliefs, or what? Are there not enough conservative-leaning musicians out there that would fit better?
You know these bands have a right to refuse to play at political events,
But to refuse some people to use recorded music they have paid for is bullshit,
Bands like Queen and Springsteen, a majority of their fans are old white people that are voting Trump, they should take half the money they have earned and throw it in the trash because it came from GOP voters.

Last edited:
Because The Donald is hip,
He had a good mix playing at the rally I was at.
many of your Bernie pals will crossover and vote for him, you can too, it is still a secret ballot
(you don't want you to go through the rest of your life having voted for Hillary)

Last edited:
Bernie's rally played Stop (In the Name of Love) by Supremes and couple of other songs that lopped for a while. that was kinda good but tiresome to listen to them repeatedly for 2 hrs.

On the plagiarizing charge, if you have not watched the whole speech
Here it is

Melania Trump Speech at Republican National Convention - Melania Trump at RNC 2016

Does the charge really have any merit?

Do you need to be educated what plagiarism is? Because it doesn't matter whether a plagiarised passage comprises 90% or 9% of what you said, it's still plagiarism; it's still lazy; it's still dishonest. How it fits into the "whole speech" is basically irrelevant. It's lifted from somewhere else without credit, and in this case from an especially inopportune source for her side of politics. Simple.

Bernie's rally played Stop (In the Name of Love) by Supremes and couple of other songs that lopped for a while. that was kinda good but tiresome to listen to them repeatedly for 2 hrs.
Trump played a lot of early Stones, about 15 songs, that looped. They had walk out songs, Trump walked out to an Elton John instrumental, that built to a climax, good stagecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom