2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should mention, how funny is it that Trump's tune has changed from being this iron strongman to 'please no please don't fight!' as soon as he's challenged by protesters.

I'm watching Fox.

Hannity is basically auditioning to be Trump's Goebbels. The verbal fellatio is something to behold.

Also, America is a hellish wasteland of loss and despair.

So, remember when I said I didn't know where all of the Trump fans were in Florida?

Well, on this Miami Marlins forum that I also post on, I'm getting a clearer picture. There's quite a few "Trump sympathizer" conservatives out there, who "begrudgingly" want to vote for trump because "the president has no power anyways, and trump isn't making outlandish Bernie claims."

Sadly, they revealed their true colors and I'm now the only active voice having to try and be reasonable. You know, like, calling trump out for all of his shit. It's gotten so bad to a point where they all think every Muslim is the same and hate is inherent in being Muslim. It's gotten so so bad to a point where I'm being told, as someone who is part Egyptian and has been to Egypt a handful of times, what the people of Egypt and Jordan are really like.

Vent vent vent. Somebody halp. The Trump is real.

What a delightful day. We have one prospective president euologising a woman and family that blindly ignored an epidemic that killed tens of thousands and we have another openly encouraging violence and then slinking off to his jet and right wingers complaining about free speech.

Fuck me.

Funny how the Drumpf and Bernie fans have the same wet dream.

Whatever is going on involving the Clinton investigation is certainly important given that the people doing the investigating don't have partisan motives as it's being led by Obama appointees.

I don't believe in most of the Clinton "scandals" proposed by the right-wing, such as Benghazi. Nor do I have any information as to the extent or even what exactly the FBI is investigating, nor does anybody know what the outcome will be to all of this.

But if she did any wrongdoing, there should be consequences. Otherwise, you're just someone who feels she's above the law.

So, by all means, I would never support unscrupulous and slanderous claims that aren't backed up by any evidence nor do I feel that Clinton has to take the blame for anything yet as she hasn't been charged with any actual wrongdoing. But the law's the law and justice should be served, even if the timing of this thing ultimately costs Democrats the election.

But we can't act like this isn't actually happening either. Clinton's own stance regarding the e-mail controversy keeps moving depending on what becomes public knowledge while her homebrew server guy was just given immunity which therefore means charges are going to be levied at some people and at some future date. It's not like reliable sources haven't hinted at the investigation to the media and it was even brought up in the last debate for crying out loud.

Last edited:
What a delightful day. We have one prospective president euologising a woman and family that blindly ignored an epidemic that killed tens of thousands and we have another openly encouraging violence and then slinking off to his jet and right wingers complaining about free speech.

Fuck me.

I mean, I don't think that's quite the fair criticism to say about Nancy Reagan. Clinton fucked up, but it was hardly political or a big deal. It was a mistake. Whatever. It's not like *Nancy Reagan* is shrouded in controversy for not starting the national conversation on AIDS. She was the First Lady, not the president.

There is a record in here. Back in 2008 I was 100 per cent pro Clinton. I believe she would have been a better president than Obama. All that said a Secretary of State that put national security and perhaps lives at stake with unsecured email servers is not someone that is qualified to be president. In 2008 she posed the question of the 3 am phone call. But, now we learn that 24/7 she and her hand chosen team were not competent with using email. I don't want Ted Cruz to be president, but I would find it hard to vote for 2016 Clinton.

Wow, we've turned using the wrong email address into "putting lives at stake"?

I swear to god, as an outsider this is the most boring and tedious scandal.

I can't see much of major importance coming out of the e-mail scandal, but the word on the street is that there's a bigger issue with pay-to-play donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while she was conducting work for the state department. Clinton would go meet someone in Europe to discuss whatever-the-hell and then at the same time individuals from that area would be donating money to her fund...that's incredibly sketchy and kind of makes sense as to how she and her husband managed to get over $100 million in personal contributions.

It's been discussed before by other media and there's no proof to it all yet so it's just a lot of coincidences for now, but this is what a lot of people are thinking the investigation is really about. The e-mails merely help with the timeline. Given that people from the fund where subpoenaed over the last couple years, it's highly likely that's where this is headed. And if that's the case, Clinton can't even remotely be considered a credible candidate and should drop out immediately. Facing charges that amount to racketeering and even treason, well, you aren't going to win the election.

Most people who aren't grasping at straws won't even acknowledge it as a scandal. Because it's not.

It's not like she used the wrong email account

I can't see much of major importance coming out of the e-mail scandal, but the word on the street is that there's a bigger issue with pay-to-play donations to the Clinton Global Initiative while she was conducting work for the state department. Clinton would go meet someone in Europe to discuss whatever-the-hell and then at the same time individuals from that area would be donating money to her fund...that's incredibly sketchy and kind of makes sense as to how she and her husband managed to get over $100 million in personal contributions.

It's been discussed before by other media and there's no proof to it all yet so it's just a lot of coincidences for now, but this is what a lot of people are thinking the investigation is really about. The e-mails merely help with the timeline. Given that people from the fund where subpoenaed over the last couple years, it's highly likely that's where this is headed. And if that's the case, Clinton can't even remotely be considered a credible candidate and should drop out immediately. Facing charges that amount to racketeering and even treason, well, you aren't going to win the election.

Yes, this could be it, but without concrete proof, you are just a hater, part of the vast right wing conspiracy
(fingers in ears) la, la, la

I agree. I'm not saying there aren't any legit concerns surrounding that, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm still not entirely sure why it's a huge thing. Though if BigMac's theory is correct, then that would explain some of it.

As for all the talk of any other shady stuff she may have been involved in, I honestly don't know enough about those other rumored scandals to comment one way or another. If she does indeed have some skeletons in her closet, real serious stuff that could pose a significant issue not just to her campaign, but also to the country at large, certainly, I'm all for bringing that stuff up and doing investigations and so on if needed.

The problem is that unfortunately, it's damn near impossible for the media and pundits and so on to discuss these rumored scandals of hers in an objective manner that allows us to hear the actual truth of the situation either way. Those who would want to protect and support Hilary will find ways to brush aside or justify any iffy stuff she was involved in, and those who already don't like her will jump all over even the slightest hint of a possible scandal, not because they genuinely care about upholding ethics in politics, but because, "Hey! Political gain for me!" And as a result, it makes any legit investigations being made into her past seem almost pointless and irrelevant, because I get the feeling we'll never know the full truth no matter what.

I will say this, though (and I'm speaking in general terms here, this isn't targeted at anyone here): I do find it funny that some people seem so shocked and offended at the idea of a politician being involved in a scandal. I've seen comments from anti-Hilary people elsewhere who are practically foaming with rage over this e-mail thing, but I'd be willing to bet good money that if we looked into the past of whichever politician they supported, we'd find a few questionable or outright illegal things in those people's pasts, too. Not that that would justify or excuse any illegal things Hilary might've done, of course, but some people's reactions just strike me funny all the same.

It's sort of like when people complain about Hilary not acting trustworthy enough, or lying. Wow, so she's behaving like virtually every other politician has since time immemorial?! Shocking.

Hey! Nice to "see" you. Hope you are well. :)

Good to see you, too :). All's well here, hope things are good with you.

Whatever is going on involving the Clinton investigation is certainly important given that the people doing the investigating don't have partisan motives as it's being led by Obama appointees.

I don't believe in most of the Clinton "scandals" proposed by the right-wing, such as Benghazi. Nor do I have any information as to the extent or even what exactly the FBI is investigating, nor does anybody know what the outcome will be to all of this.

But if she did any wrongdoing, there should be consequences. Otherwise, you're just someone who feels she's above the law.

So, by all means, I would never support unscrupulous and slanderous claims that aren't backed up by any evidence nor do I feel that Clinton has to take the blame for anything yet as she hasn't been charged with any actual wrongdoing. But the law's the law and justice should be served, even if the timing of this thing ultimately costs Democrats the election.

But we can't act like this isn't actually happening either. Clinton's own stance regarding the e-mail controversy keeps moving depending on what becomes public knowledge while her homebrew server guy was just given immunity which therefore means charges are going to be levied at some people and at some future date. It's not like reliable sources haven't hinted at the investigation to the media and it was even brought up in the last debate for crying out loud.

No one said anything about being above the law, there just doesn't seem to be anything there.

It's being discussed by who? Alex Jones?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

CdUT0DyWAAAtDpJ.jpg

#america2016

Diehard GOP bloggers Politifact spread lies about Clinton, as well.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...vative-group-claims-hillary-clintons-foundat/

For what it's worth, I am someone who will most likely end up voting for Clinton, at the end of the day. But it's just abhorrent to write this off as some Alex Jones-level conspiracy just because it would fit your narrative.

All of these are a year old, how come the story hasn't developed over this past year?

And before you call me abhorrent and assign a narrative you should probably figure out if I'm even. Hillary fan or not.

I just don't like when people come in with "there are no facts but some are whispering". But good try :up:

Last edited:
Snowden... how cute.

You equated people pedaling this conspiracy theory with Alex Jones. I'm going to just grant you the benefit of the doubt here and presume you fully understand the reason I referenced Snowden.

EDIT: Actually, I'll explain now so I can avoid having to do so after your next reply. Do you think that Snowden is a conservative conspiracist? Do you think Snowden is anything other than a fairly bleeding heart liberal? Snowden chose Glenn Greenwald to drop his story with because he liked his politics.

Do you think *GLENN GREENWALD* is anything other than a bleeding heart liberal?

All of these are a year old, how come the story hasn't developed over this past year?

And before you call me abhorrent and assign a narrative you should probably figure out if I'm even. Hillary fan or not.

I just don't like when people come in with "there are no facts but some are whispering". But good try :up:

Sigh. Condescension doesn't work particularly well when it's clear that you're simply moving the goal posts while offering no substantive rebuttals.

Again, your initial point was to imply that anyone pushing the "Clinton's foundation is corrupt" idea was a right wing conspiracist. I'm not going to waste any more time further proving that to be false.

But, since you've decided to move the goal posts, let's turn our gaze toward the very recent (January 2016) revelation that the FBI is now investigating the Clinton Foundation for signs of corruption

Additionally, I clearly did not call you abhorrent. I called the logic being used to file this claim into the "conspiracy" bin abhorrent. I called this logic abhorrent because this logic is, indeed, abhorrent.

http://www.mediaite.com/opinion/rep...ting-potential-clinton-foundation-corruption/

Last edited:
You equated people pedaling this conspiracy theory with Alex Jones.

Again, your initial point was to imply that anyone pushing the "Clinton's foundation is corrupt" idea was a right wing conspiracist. I'm not going to waste any more time further proving that to be false.

But, since you've decided to move the goal posts, let's turn our gaze toward the very recent (January 2016) revelation that the FBI is now investigating the Clinton Foundation for signs of corruption

I think you're reading FAR too much into my reference to Alex Jones. My only point was don't come in here saying "people are talking" "there are no facts yet" etc. The comment had nothing to do with right wing conspiracy theorists or bleeding heart liberals. No one's moving goal posts. Calm down and breathe a little.

I think you're reading FAR too much into my reference to Alex Jones. My only point was don't come in here saying "people are talking" "there are no facts yet" etc. The comment had nothing to do with right wing conspiracy theorists or bleeding heart liberals. No one's moving goal posts. Calm down and breathe a little.

You keep referencing people coming in here saying "people are talking" and "there are no facts yet" while conveniently ignoring every citation of facts that I've put forth. I find this irony fun.

Again, as someone likely voting Clinton, I have little to no reason to be worked up about this.

I'm in no way trying to railroad you about this, and I'm quite sorry if it has come across that way. I just think Clinton gets a lot more rope than almost any candidate (sans Trump, obviously), and this seemed like a good opportunity to point this out.

Last edited:
I'm in no way trying to railroad you about this, and I'm quite sorry if it has come across that way. I just think Clinton gets a lot more rope than almost any candidate (sans Trump, obviously), and this seemed like a good opportunity to point this out.

Fair enough. I think you misinterpreted my original stance on this, but I get your point.

this could and I write could end up like 2008

that by the time we get to the election Hillary is such a disaster, like Bush and the GOP were in 2008,
that any GOP candidate can beat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom