2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you turned on one of your better potential candidates because he had the audacity to actually appreciate the federal government being supportive... unlike the previous major natural disaster in New Orleans, where the response of the Republican led federal government was one of the most disgraceful moments of this nation's history.

I'm glad you said that. I did NOT understand the uproar over that. OMG HE HUGGED OBAMA. TRAITOR! I know it's shocking to discover that he was a human being with actual human emotions, and not everything has to be political.

Edit: I mean, what everyone else already said. ;)

Last edited:
Cruz is surging. Marco is disintegrating. But if you look at the high population states ahead, I would say Cruz would only make North Carolina interesting. NJ, NY, MI, PA, CA, AZ, IL, FL are good places for Trump.

OH will be tight with Kasich in the mix. I would have expected a better performance from him in the border counties near Cincinnati yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Should we be hoping for a GOP brokered convention? I guess that really depends on Rubio winning Florida and Kasich winning Ohio, which might be easier said than done.

Should we be hoping for a GOP brokered convention? I guess that really depends on Rubio winning Florida and Kasich winning Ohio, which might be easier said than done.

I'm sure hoping for one. I would love to see Trump voters disaffected. They're stupid as shit for falling behind that man, and I hope they lose interest in voting/I hope they feel cheated by the system.

I don't think Rubio necessarily has to win Florida for a brokered convention, but he definitely can't drop out before then. Kasich has to win Ohio, though.

I'm very interested to see what happens when this Trump NYT tape comes out, as it's apparently more or less Donald admitting that he's only saying the things he's saying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. You know it'll come out eventually. If he can survive that he can survive anything.

Honestly I'm not sure he was wrong when he said he could shoot somebody and still be popular.

If that's all that came out, I don't think it would hurt him among his supporters. Rather than realizing that many of them are the target of that statement, they would likely just say "well, what politician DOESN'T say anything to get elected?"

How has that not been discussed here so far. I think it will be proof of my belief that he's all bluster and no substance and is not actually Republican (I think that fake "Republican voters are idiots" quote could very conceivably be true) much at all. Just populist and riding a wave of momentum. But, I don't think it will get released if his attitude towards it at the last debate was anything to go by. Rubio and Cruz tried so hard to turn up the heat on him about it and he just shrugged his shoulders and got away with it. His supporters don't care and I agree with Headache, Ax and Cori, it won't affect him.

I'm very interested to see what happens when this Trump NYT tape comes out, as it's apparently more or less Donald admitting that he's only saying the things he's saying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. You know it'll come out eventually. If he can survive that he can survive anything.

Maybe that's part of the plan? Drop the bomb after the primary... maybe people won't see him as serious on all of his terrible social views.

Neither candidate really answered the question at the debate tonight, but I sure as shit don't know how I would answer the question "so tell me - how are YOU a little bit racist?" in front of millions of people.

Neither candidate really answered the question at the debate tonight, but I sure as shit don't know how I would answer the question "so tell me - how are YOU a little bit racist?" in front of millions of people.

it's getting kinda unfair at this point because it's very hard to honest to answer those questions. If i were Hilary, even if I actually used that term "super predator" to condemn black people in the 90s, I probably couldn't honestly say , "yes, I might have been little racist"

After the David Duke/KKK stuff, in had begun to think that, no, he's just a bigoted egomaniac asshole and this may have started as a lark but now he's serious.

But when I saw the picture of all those whiten people with their right hand raised, I started to come back to the performance art idea.

Or maybe it's both? Who can say? Does he even know anymore?

And then Bernie puts his foot in his mouth in his answer, saying in part that white folks don't understand poverty.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Look, Bern. White privilege is a real thing and gold star for you for acknowledging it. But DUDE. I'm sure a lot of white folk, including in your own state of Vermont, would like to have a word with you about that.

I can tell Bernie isn't so used to these kinds of debates. and kinda packing as many points as he could, which he didn't enough, I think.

Ugh, fuck. CNN already calling the "excuse me, I'm talking" comment as a sexist tone.

Donald Trump can say that to Ted Cruz in the exact same fashion, and it's funny...? And now Sanders is sexist? Give me a break.

If there is a correct answer to the question, I think for most white people it would be a reluctance to admonish friends and family who say racist things in casual conversation.

"You know, Anderson, I'd say that the most racist thing I unknowingly do sometimes is scorn the black fellow sitting at the front of the bus. Just a habit."

As an undecided voter between Hilary and Bernie, I'm leaning more and more towards Hilary after last night's debate. My issue with Bernie is that he talks about how everything is wrong but I really don't have a concrete vision into the "how he's going to fix it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the David Duke/KKK stuff, in had begun to think that, no, he's just a bigoted egomaniac asshole and this may have started as a lark but now he's serious.

But when I saw the picture of all those whiten people with their right hand raised, I started to come back to the performance art idea.

Or maybe it's both? Who can say? Does he even know anymore?

Perhaps he's a method actor. Donald Day Lewis.

Found the primary results for my town from last week:

Democrats:

Sanders: 2,383
Clinton: 2,093
O'Malley: 18
De La Fuente: 7

Republicans:

Trump: 2,205
Kasich : 725
Rubio: 641
Cruz: 389
Carson: 75
Bush: 29
Rand: 11
Christie: 10
Fiorina: 4
Huckabee: 4
Pataki: 2
Gilmore: 1
Santorum: 1

I feel like Bernie needs to emphasize that his attacks on money in politics would fix plethora of issues. that must be his real aim and he' hasn't really expressed it well in these debates, I find.

I feel like Bernie needs to emphasize that his attacks on money in politics would fix plethora of issues. that must be his real aim and he' hasn't really expressed it well in these debates, I find.

Yeah, and I admittedly haven't had a ton of time to research Bernie's actual "plan" because work and life have been very busy so I've actually had to rely on the debates and headlines. And the problem I have with Bernie as a casual undecided voter is that other than the fact that Bernie is great at spewing out all the problems with corporate greed and other issues, I guess I haven't seen anything that sticks out to me that screams "wow. He's actually going to get things done in Washington."

Therapists are reporting a surge in patients with what they describe as 'Trump Anxiety Syndrome'

See? He's already creating jobs, the mental health industry will skyrocket. The sane will all be suffering from anxiety and his minions will eventually all fall into depression once they realize what they've done to this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom