2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Bono work with President Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hopefully this means the constant whinging over Sanders will cease for good now - here and amongst many liberal media pundits. And less of these BigMacphisto vs. everyone else walls of text that drag on for 5 pages at a time. :happy:
hahahaha if you think BMP is gonna accept that Hillary won because of the Super Delegate math

If you reckon Bernie and his supporters are annoying... try meeting an Australian Bernie supporter. A mate of mine is so into it. He's changed his FB profile pic, he has a Bernie T-shirt and he shoves it down your throat.

I get being into American politics, it's very interesting and I love it, but I find it really fucking weird and borderline insane for someone who is not American nor lives there to be so into it - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Even more hilarious was ABC News Australia posting about the AP/presumptive nominee story this morning, and all the top comments were from Australian Bernie Bros angry at the ABC for their Hillary bias. "It's not decided until July 25!!!" they scream.

Even more hilarious was ABC News Australia posting about the AP/presumptive nominee story this morning, and all the top comments were from Australian Bernie Bros angry at the ABC for their Hillary bias. "It's not decided until July 25!!!" they scream.

We clearly need another inquiry into the ABC, this time about its right-wing bias.

I'm going to appoint your mate to be the chair, because that's how this process is meant to work.

Well she's white so she upholds American values.

Oh shit, I'm not supposed to talk about that...

I can't wait for the first debate.

Though part of me is really sad that our political system has been reduced to bad reality tv, the entertainment factor will be thru the roof.

Donald trying to debate policy will be interesting. I don't think he even will try. Instead he'll resort to name calling or possibly even back out of the debates because of some bias.

Clinton was announced the winner last night / today. I would even say that's a lil premature just out of class, but it is over. She'll wipe up NJ, and hard to say on CA.

In 2008 Clinton won CA over Obama, but it didn't matter. She had a more viable complaint about contested convention back then as FL and MI primaries didn't count. For all the BernieBro complaints about the super delegates always being for Clinton, the same was said in 2008.

Difference is Obama won the states that mattered and got the popular vote (tho Clinton disputes that too). The Supers then switched over to him and the rest is history.

Sanders could have had that happen too, but he had a lot going against him. For starters he's not even a democrat, and lastly, and most importantly, he just didn't win enough.

No conspiracy. He just lost. But maybe a more progressive plan can work its way into the D party after seeing the passion during this season. Maybe more progressives get into congress because of Bernie.

It'll be interesting to see how Clinton shapes her campaign going forward. Will she pick someone left of her for VP? Does she get a Centrist like her to try and get some of the disgruntled GOP?

This will be an election that people will talk about going forward for a long, long time

Haha. Yeah, literally a message board I go to for Hawkeye support has a thread saying the exact same thing.

If you believe Trump is still just a troll (taking it as far as he can), he's done this brilliantly. Now all the GOP members of congress have to answer the questions of supporting a racist for their nominee. How awkward.

What's the convention going to be like???

Now, Bernie is making me angry. This is a guy who talks about the people, and their voice. Hillary has won more votes, more states and more pledged delegates. Digging in his heels isn't helping.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

The amount of respect i've lost for him over the last two months is nearly immeasurable.

I can't wait for the first debate.

Though part of me is really sad that our political system has been reduced to bad reality tv, the entertainment factor will be thru the roof.

Donald trying to debate policy will be interesting. I don't think he even will try. Instead he'll resort to name calling or possibly even back out of the debates because of some bias.

Clinton was announced the winner last night / today. I would even say that's a lil premature just out of class, but it is over. She'll wipe up NJ, and hard to say on CA.

In 2008 Clinton won CA over Obama, but it didn't matter. She had a more viable complaint about contested convention back then as FL and MI primaries didn't count. For all the BernieBro complaints about the super delegates always being for Clinton, the same was said in 2008.

Difference is Obama won the states that mattered and got the popular vote (tho Clinton disputes that too). The Supers then switched over to him and the rest is history.

Sanders could have had that happen too, but he had a lot going against him. For starters he's not even a democrat, and lastly, and most importantly, he just didn't win enough.

No conspiracy. He just lost. But maybe a more progressive plan can work its way into the D party after seeing the passion during this season. Maybe more progressives get into congress because of Bernie.

It'll be interesting to see how Clinton shapes her campaign going forward. Will she pick someone left of her for VP? Does she get a Centrist like her to try and get some of the disgruntled GOP?

This will be an election that people will talk about going forward for a long, long time

Just talking about this with my wife last night. The first debate is going to be IN SANE. The ratings will be off the charts. But besides that, it will be so compelling to finally see Trump have to debate against policy.

My guess is that he will stay stuck in the mode he was in for the republican debates, which will get him nowhere.
He will make all personal attacks. And I think that Clinton will be ready to bat them back effectively using policy, and his own words against him.

I also would think there is a 95% chance that Trump will get caught up not knowing some very crucial/obvious information about foreign policy, military, or economy... Starting to reveal to the important middle of the road general election voter, just how vapid he is.

Really can't wait.

I can see Trump showing up to the first debate, doing poorly and then refusing to show up to the other two citing media bias, persecution, Hillary stacking the audience with Democrats, Mexicans operating the cameras and so on.

We really should just call everyone that votes for Trump a racist. Because...

1) You're supporting a racist. And that can't even be argued at this point.

and

2) There's no fucking point. Even if you want to stop Clinton and/or prefer right-wing politics, Donald doesn't have a chance in hell. So why not spare yourself voting for a racist and therefore being a racist by default when the idiot is going to lose big time anyway?

Clinton is only sorta-racist in my book...what with her superpredators comment, race baiting '08 campaign, being a Goldwater girl, shamelessly saying Obama's name every thirty seconds in a debate to pander to blacks because she thinks they're of low intelligence, etc. She's the sort of racist that's mostly reformed but yells the n-word out if she accidentally stubs her toe. :up:

Wow. You do realize that President Obama is very popular with ALL Democrats, right? I mean, his approval numbers are sky high with Dems. So, if I'm a Democrat running for President, you bet I'm going to mention the current President. I mean, that's a no-brainer.

Honestly, BigMacPhisto, that comment along with others you've made makes YOU seem racist. Just saying.

We really should just call everyone that votes for Trump a racist. Because...

1) You're supporting a racist. And that can't even be argued at this point.

and

2) There's no fucking point. Even if you want to stop Clinton and/or prefer right-wing politics, Donald doesn't have a chance in hell. So why not spare yourself voting for a racist and therefore being a racist by default when the idiot is going to lose big time anyway?

Clinton is only sorta-racist in my book...what with her superpredators comment, race baiting '08 campaign, being a Goldwater girl, shamelessly saying Obama's name every thirty seconds in a debate to pander to blacks because she thinks they're of low intelligence, etc. She's the sort of racist that's mostly reformed but yells the n-word out if she accidentally stubs her toe. :up:

Says the poster that said blacks can't think for themselves and there's no changing "these people's minds". :up:

As far as the debates; they should be entertaining but for the most part useless. Trump will fail miserably but it won't phase his minions, they'll follow him into hell. There might be a few that will develop buyers remorse. And the blogs will write his praises for a personal attack on their sworn enemy.

Trump will fail miserably but it won't phase his minions, they'll follow him into hell.

d3aa13de-9324-4605-9079-04a4863b4fcd.jpg

Open boarders is a disaster. Wanting secure borders is not racist, arguing it is, is suspect or at least ignorant or naive. Open borders is failing huge in Europe. Britain should exit the EU. If they don't this time they will soon.

Yes because there are no other consequences to Brexit aside from keeping the Muslim hordes at bay...

The porous border in the US is a real problem and it's most certainly not racist to insist that laws be upheld. You can't have total chaos, what is the point of legal immigration then at all.

But there is a reasonable way of dealing with this and then there is the "Mexicans are rapists who are infiltrating our judiciary" line of thought.

The porous border in the US is a real problem and it's most certainly not racist to insist that laws be upheld.

Upholding the laws does not fix a porous border, closing the porous border does and allowing for immigration within the law is the only reasonable solution. People can argue for more immigration, worker status immigration, these are reasonable things. But getting hysterical about people wanting the border and immigration controlled is very suspect, what is the agenda of these protesters with flags of Mexico and signs that say 'Make America Mexico Again". A wall with contrilled border crossings should be a no-brainier.

Yes because there are no other consequences to Brexit aside from keeping the Muslim hordes at bay...

I don't think it is a Muslim problem. For as long as I can remember I have known Muslims. They are mostly Shia from Iran, since the 1980 take over. Of course 85-87% of Muslims are Sunni and most terror is done by groups that fall in that group. But in America the Shia and Iran are top of the list for sponsors of terror. This is mainly due to Israeli influence on American politics.
But again, Europe's problem is not Muslim migration, but immigrants that have worn out their welcome in even moderate countries like Germany because of unlawful behavior by some.

Migrants linked to 69,000 would-be or actual crimes in Germany in first three months of 2016: police | Reuters

Last edited:
So I voted in person at the polls today in the CA primary. I have voted in person at every election since I have been elgible to vote. Therefore, I get the right to bitch. I also just wrote a check for $30,000 to the IRS as an estimate for my 2016 Federal income Taxes. I pay a lot into the system to support the government we all enjoy. Again, we people say the government should do this or provide that, I am one of the ones that get some things and also gets to write the checks that pays for things. Of course many of us in here are earning decent livings and able to pay healthy taxes to our governments to support them.
Well, in CA we have open primaries. I could have voted for Rubio, or Kasic, but voted for Trump. For US Senate I voted for a Democrat. For US Congress, I voted against my 10 term GOP Congressman and for the Democrat.
So much for my secret ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom