2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #841
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Haha. No. Even though I may be a Trumpet, I'm not for jailing the Huffington Post and the NYT staff.

The internet would have driven Wilson crazy.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But you're voting for someone with thin skin and has shown that he will block the press every chance he gets. So you really come off as a hypocrite bringing up such topics.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #842
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But you're voting for someone with thin skin and has shown that he will block the press every chance he gets. So you really come off as a hypocrite bringing up such topics.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

At least he does press conferences, unlike Hillary.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #843
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
At least he does press conferences, unlike Hillary.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Which he's turned into a circus act. They're not really worth anything if you don't answer questions, you might as well not do them. But then again no one would be paying attention to him.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:55 PM   #844
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 58,268
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Oregoropa are you going to respond to Headache's comment? You said media limitations was one of the things that made Woodrow one of the worst presidents ever, but Trump is doing the exact same thing? Bit hypocritical mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
When Donald Trump is president, maybe I'll finally be able to express my deep hate for female vocalists without Laz jumping down my throat. If only I lived in a free country.
cobl04 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #845
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,143
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Can't respond to things where there is no response that will make sense other than admitting that the candidate is a dangerous fraud
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 06-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #846
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,461
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Everyone has noticed that Hillz is rising in the polls since last Tuesday, yes?

By the time the convention rolls around it's going to be the Fall of Saigon in the GOP.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #847
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
The sedition act, nationalization, and propaganda policies are the closest form of Fascism we have seen in a US President.


Yes, because fascists hate privately owned industries.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #848
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:49 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Oregoropa are you going to respond to Headache's comment? You said media limitations was one of the things that made Woodrow one of the worst presidents ever, but Trump is doing the exact same thing? Bit hypocritical mate








There is a difference between being selective of who you want at a press conference which Trump is doing and what Wilson did which was basically suspend freedom of the press and arresting journalists who didn't agree with his guidelines.

This is not the 'exact same thing' mate.

I didn't respond to Headache because it's a lazy comparison.

Trump may not want Jorge Ramos rudely disrupting a Q&A (like he did last summer) but he's not going to pass a law that would have him get arrested and imprisoned.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:05 PM   #849
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
There is a difference between being selective of who you want at a press conference which Trump is doing and what Wilson did which was basically suspend freedom of the press and arresting journalists who didn't agree with his guidelines.

This is not the 'exact same thing' mate.

I didn't respond to Headache because it's a lazy comparison.

Trump may not want Jorge Ramos rudely disrupting a Q&A (like he did last summer) but he's not going to pass a law that would have him get arrested and imprisoned.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"Selective", that is some fabulous spin.

He's pulled credentials, he's walked out of debates, he's had journalists physically removed, and yelled at others. Not only is this not presidential, but it is absolutely a 1st amendment issue. It may not be jailing them, but removing journalists that got under your thin skin is abridging freedom of speech.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #850
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 08:49 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Yeah, I have to suspect that with more power won't come more responsibility, for Trump.

I assume the only reason he isn't pushing for actual legal repercussions for the press is because he doesn't yet have the power to


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #851
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:49 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
"Selective", that is some fabulous spin.

He's pulled credentials, he's walked out of debates, he's had journalists physically removed, and yelled at others. Not only is this not presidential, but it is absolutely a 1st amendment issue. It may not be jailing them, but removing journalists that got under your thin skin is abridging freedom of speech.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And It's his first Amendment right to call a reporter a sleaze. The public's trust in the media is at an all time low. What you may see as disqualifying actually endears him to John Q. Public. Just not anybody in this forum.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:15 PM   #852
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:49 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
And It's his first Amendment right to call a reporter a sleaze. The public's trust in the media is at an all time low. What you may see as disqualifying actually endears him to John Q. Public. Just not anybody in this forum.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, if Obama called a Fox News journalist a "sleaze" you'd find it endearing eh?

But nice avoidance of the other actions

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #853
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:49 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yeah, if Obama called a Fox News journalist a "sleaze" you'd find it endearing eh?

But nice avoidance of the other actions

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Obama said in a RollingStone interview that Fox News is destructive to America. Granted most people in this forum would agree with him. Outside this forum more people watch FNC than the other cable news outlets combined. You may call them morons but that's John Q for you.

Speaking of avoidance. How about you go first? Since you ducked my point that at least Trump has press conferences as opposed to Hillary who hasn't held a press conference in over 180 days.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #854
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 58,268
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Yeah that's pissweak from Hillary.

But I'm not sure you can say Trump is better because "at least he holds press conferences". They're not press conferences if only supportive media are allowed in to ask questions. That's a PR exercise, not a press conference mate.
cobl04 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 PM   #855
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Wishing Donald Trump a happy 70th birthday today


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post

I love his "America First" message. I got chills when he said "we will no longer sing to the false song of globalism." That's the attitude this country needs instead of these pussies running the country right now.
We need someone with a set of stones in the White House again. 4 weak presidents in a row!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is Trump's base. Is this who you two are?

https://storify.com/case_face/a-trum...-here-is-palpa
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #856
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Obama said in a RollingStone interview that Fox News is destructive to America. Granted most people in this forum would agree with him. Outside this forum more people watch FNC than the other cable news outlets combined. You may call them morons but that's John Q for you.
You don't see the difference in saying this in an interview and personally calling someone a "sleaze"?

Yeah, there was actually a survey posted in here a few years ago that it was the most watch, further in the survey it also said it was the least trusted. But statically speaking you get why it's the most watched right? It has little to do with John Q, it has more to do with the fact that it has a monopoly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Speaking of avoidance. How about you go first? Since you ducked my point that at least Trump has press conferences as opposed to Hillary who hasn't held a press conference in over 180 days.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wasn't avoiding, I answered.

Press conferences:

Trump turns them into circuses and doesn't answer questions.
Sanders pretends like specific questions weren't asked of him and repeats his platitudes over and over.
And Hillary just says "what, people still do those?"

What exactly do you think the controversy is?



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:50 PM   #857
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Yeah that's pissweak from Hillary.

But I'm not sure you can say Trump is better because "at least he holds press conferences". They're not press conferences if only supportive media are allowed in to ask questions. That's a PR exercise, not a press conference mate.

Not sure how much you follow but he does take questions from media that may not necessarily be fond of him. Some may call it thin-skinned but he's proven his style throughout the campaign as a counter-puncher. Just look at what he did in the debates and his branding with nicknames. His uncouth strategy knocked his competitors out, while I admit drives up his negatives. We have two unlikeable candidates according to polling. The question is who will win out? Politics is always a bloodsport and Trump is playing with a strategy not yet seen before. Or has it? Go back to the slanders of the Jefferson-Adams contest and the stories the media ran with back in 1800.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 12:00 AM   #858
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
What you may see as disqualifying actually endears him to John Q. Public. Just not anybody in this forum.
...we here in the forum don't count as "John Q. Public"?

Dealing with journalists is one thing, but the thing that scares me the most is imagining Trump trying to deal with other world leaders, be they allies or not.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 12:14 AM   #859
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:49 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Politics is always a bloodsport and Trump is playing with a strategy not yet seen before.

And this is why Trump will lose; it's not always a bloodsport. It's strategy, it's knowing when to throw and when to pull punches, being an asshole 24/7 might be endearing to you, but John Q doesn't want that. And more importantly it won't work when working with other adults.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 12:40 AM   #860
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You don't see the difference in saying this in an interview and personally calling someone a "sleaze"?

Yeah, there was actually a survey posted in here a few years ago that it was the most watch, further in the survey it also said it was the least trusted. But statically speaking you get why it's the most watched right? It has little to do with John Q, it has more to do with the fact that it has a monopoly.




I wasn't avoiding, I answered.

Press conferences:

Trump turns them into circuses and doesn't answer questions.
Sanders pretends like specific questions weren't asked of him and repeats his platitudes over and over.
And Hillary just says "what, people still do those?"


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You didn't mention Hillary in your initial response.

I guess we have gotten accustomed to 8 years of the press fawning over Obama.

With Obama the press treated him as if he was on a hero's quest to get his magical Macguffin. Never mind asking hard investigative questions about the Ark of the Covenant (Obamacare, the Iran Deal). But will Obama get his goal, or will those Rascally Republicans get in his way?

Then we come to find in a New York Times article WH advisor Ben Rhodes brags about how he fooled everybody that they were dealing with moderates in the Iranian government.

So much for people saving 2500 dollars a year under Obamacare. Insurance rates have jumped 25-60% depending on your state. Nancy Pelosi famously said "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it". Turns out Democrats who crafted the bill ignored virtually every actuarial principle governing rational insurance pricing.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

Oregoropa is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×