2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump campaign's payments made to things with Trump in the name

ClcQJJfWQAA_kon.jpg

How can this fraud keep up his "I'm a billionaire, I'm soooooooo rich I don't need help financing my campaign" thing when his campaign doesn't even have $2 million cash on hand?

And oh by the way he's paid out his own corporations close to $1.4 million dollars... and that's not counting the plane

Last edited:
Ben Carson has more in his campaign fund right now...

I guess he found a good use for those grain silos.

:giggle:

Regarding Trump, I'd just like to know how I'm supposed to trust this guy's financial ideas for the country when he can't even seem to handle his own finances well enough.

(And remember, when rich people spend well beyond their means, it's excusable and they can get help when they file bankruptcy. Anyone else, well, they just should've managed their finances better and quit being such greedy moochers.)

It's plainly evident that Trump is a con man who has been trying to expand his brand with angry white men for years -- that whole birther thing -- and ran for president as a business move and never expected to get this far. Right?

The Return of Lesser Evilism | Rolling Stone

Wall Street donors seek to block Warren VP pick - POLITICO

^ So Clinton plans to give Wall Street what they want almost immediately. Good to know. And it won't surprise me in the slightest because, regardless of her political stances, Clinton is a doer and will want to get shit done. And that's the scary part because the only shit she can get done through Congress is whatever the House Republicans want.

So an article of unanimous anonymous Wall Street CEOs says Clinton probably won't pick Warren and you read "Clinton plans on giving them what they want"? :lol:

That sounds about right...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You mean the anonymous people actually being Clinton donors and feeling that she plans to have a bipartisan Wall Street deal in her first 100 days? These donors could just be thinking she wants that, but I'm sure they've actually talked to her in person given that Wall Street is the biggest source of campaign money for her...

Wall Street cash or Elizabeth Warren: Hillary's choice

"Wall Street has an unambiguous message for Hillary Clinton: Don't pick Elizabeth Warren as your vice president if you want to keep getting our money.

That warning came through very clearly in over a dozen interviews I did over the last week with some of the largest Democratic donors on Wall Street who have helped fund Clinton's campaigns over the years as well as funneled cash to Bill Clinton's political career in the 1990s."

Last edited:
You mean the anonymous people actually being Clinton donors and feeling that she plans to have a bipartisan Wall Street deal in her first 100 days? These donors could just be thinking she wants that, but I'm sure they've actually talked to her in person given that Wall Street is the biggest source of campaign money for her...

Wall Street cash or Elizabeth Warren: Hillary's choice

"Wall Street has an unambiguous message for Hillary Clinton: Don't pick Elizabeth Warren as your vice president if you want to keep getting our money.

That warning came through very clearly in over a dozen interviews I did over the last week with some of the largest Democratic donors on Wall Street who have helped fund Clinton's campaigns over the years as well as funneled cash to Bill Clinton's political career in the 1990s."

All of the donors and senior Democrats interviewed for this story demanded that their names not be used both because they were not authorized to speak about the Clinton campaign’s internal deliberations and because they feared Warren’s wrath. “There is no upside to my talking to you on the record,” one big donor said. “Either I piss off the Clinton campaign or I piss off Warren, or both.”

Several donors said they did not really fear Warren going on the ticket because they do not believe Clinton has a strong relationship with the senator and would not trust Warren to be a loyal No. 2, either on the campaign or in the White House.

“First of all, they don’t particularly like each other,” said one prominent hedge fund manager who has raised millions for Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton before her. But, the manager added, “The absolute predicate for a vice presidential nominee is they have to understand they are No. 2 both during the campaign and once you take office, and I just don’t think Elizabeth Warren is that type of person.”

That doesn't read just a little too convenient for you? There's no upside in me speaking on the record, but there's an upside in me talking to you? Unanimously ALL these people feared she would pick Warren enough to take the interview, yet they don't get along and they really didn't fear she would pick her in the first place.

It reads like a high school newspaper article. I would have been embarrassed to publish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom