2016 US Presidential Election Thread IX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people still believe this nonsense? We've had 30 years of tax cuts for the rich and corporations that shows that this does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Actually, corporate top tax rates have remained fairly stagnant since 1988. Increasing corporate loopholes is not precisely the same as decreasing tax rates.

I like to look at the trend of the labor force participation rate.

While the trend has been down, it's essentially unchanged since September. And the vast majority of the decreased rate can be attributed to demographics.

There's nothing outside the box about his plan :lol: But apparently he's still fooling some of you. How he's fooling some of you with college degrees is baffling.
It would at least not fool anyone who has followed transfer pricing / international tax law the last couple of years.
A 'businessman' making this suggestion at this point of time is somewhat baffling to me.
BEPS results in little value for headquarter activities to move to try and follow lower tax rates, while for production heavy industries a move mainly due to tax rates was never all that profitable.

Plus, he's a racist. This whole "Mexican judge" thing is hilarious. The House may be in play.

The best part about the "Mexican judge" thing is that Trump believes, at the same time, that people of Mexican heritage are all inherently biased against him and therefore should not, for example, serve as judges BUT that he will also win the Hispanic (mostly Mexican) vote come November, presumably because he ate a taco bowl?

I think it should be brought up every chance we get, especially in the media.

To ignore or move on from it enables this stupidity and will only lead towards worse behavior

I still think Trump is playing an act. Maybe it's a bet to see how far a character like this can make it, and obviously it's pretty fucking far in this country

I think it should be brought up every chance we get, especially in the media.

To ignore or move on from it enables this stupidity and will only lead towards worse behavior

I still think Trump is playing an act. Maybe it's a bet to see how far a character like this can make it, and obviously it's pretty fucking far in this country

Talking about it is enabling it. It is legitimizing The irrational things he says as up for debate. I get it, he's legitimate now. But don't you see this is what got us here in the first place?

Talking about it is enabling it. It is legitimizing The irrational things he says as up for debate. I get it, he's legitimate now. But don't you see this is what got us here in the first place?

What do you mean by "legitimizing"?

Would keeping silent bring about civil rights for those that don't have them?

What do you mean by "legitimizing"?

Would keeping silent bring about civil rights for those that don't have them?

Donald Trump is a troll. He says stuff like "my African American" because it's on the edge just enough to play the innocent PC card.

All in the meanwhile he's still getting more publicity, and he's still not losing any voters. And the worst part of it all is that because we bought his troll bait comment, now there's a legion of Trumpets that are mindlessly coming to his defense and defending it. And now we have to have a serious discussion as to whether or not an obviously racist comment is racist. Something that most Trump supporters wouldn't have ever said, but now they will because of it. That's what I mean by legitimizing it.

Barring a idiotic move by Sanders to destroy the Dem ticket, Trump will be destroyed this November.

We have to remember that while the coverage may appear to boost him, the only people doing the boosting are the networks who WANT\NEED ratings.

A very strong majority of people in this country are appalled by him.

The media could do a much better job of not being bullied, but Trump knows he needs conflict to stay in the daily stream of crap from the media.

He's played the media, and some of the GOP base. Come late summer and I think he'll have the worst polling numbers a nominee has had in a long time

Donald Trump is a troll. He says stuff like "my African American" because it's on the edge just enough to play the innocent PC card.

All in the meanwhile he's still getting more publicity, and he's still not losing any voters. And the worst part of it all is that because we bought his troll bait comment, now there's a legion of Trumpets that are mindlessly coming to his defense and defending it. And now we have to have a serious discussion as to whether or not an obviously racist comment is racist. Something that most Trump supporters wouldn't have ever said, but now they will because of it. That's what I mean by legitimizing it.

He became "legitimate" the moment someone voted for him. So now that we let the village idiots vote, we have to have these discussions. Just like an infection, if you ignore it it spreads.

There's nothing outside the box about his plan :lol: But apparently he's still fooling some of you. How he's fooling some of you with college degrees is baffling.

It takes a lot to make significant demographic changes, and Trump has ONLY offended that demographic. You would be a fool to think he gets the same or more than Romney.

What's Hillary's economic plan?

He became "legitimate" the moment someone voted for him. So now that we let the village idiots vote, we have to have these discussions. Just like an infection, if you ignore it it spreads.

I'd imagine this is more of a cure resistant strain. Just rest and drink plenty of fluids.

But you have to acknowledge the infection first and foremost.

Am I pretending like Donald Trump doesn't exist? No. I'm saying stop magnifying his comments and giving him free press. This is the same as the argument I was making about being outraged over George Zimmerman. Stop buying the crap he's serving you.

Am I pretending like Donald Trump doesn't exist? No. I'm saying stop magnifying his comments and giving him free press. This is the same as the argument I was making about being outraged over George Zimmerman. Stop buying the crap he's serving you.

I know what you're saying, I just believe you are wrong. I believe that if you're not calling him out on his shit you're saying that's presidential behavior, or that that's a legitimate argument. If it gives just one person pause then it's worth it.

Sweeping under the rug never solves anything.

I'm not sure why you are telling us this. Are we giving him free press here? If this thread didn't exist, do you think that CNN would stop running him on TV all day? And all the other channels too? And all the newspapers, and magazines and late night talk shows, etc? You basically want/expect the public to not discuss what appears to be the only storyline the news media are pushing on us, which just isn't realistic at all. The media is about $$ and will NEVER give up having him on screen 24/7.

I understand the larger point, the one about how the media have erred by making every issue two-sided, even ones where one of the sides should not be entertained as legitimate. But saying "This major party candidate for president is so bad we should not even talk about him" is taking that way beyond the logical extreme.

As far as college degrees are concerned, it's kind of a dumb group for pollsters to look at. Obama won people with advanced degrees in 2012, but it was basically a 50/50 spread for Bachelor's degrees. It's pretty obvious why. Practically every person the age of sixty or older with a BA is a white male, so it's crazy skewed. In the future, Democrats will win people with BAs by a real lopsided margin as can be seen by the political attitudes of current graduates.

The spread between those with an education and those that are trailer trash will be pretty obvious. Of course, now we know roughly how many trailer trash voters there are thanks to the Trump candidacy.

I know what you're saying, I just believe you are wrong. I believe that if you're not calling him out on his shit you're saying that's presidential behavior, or that that's a legitimate argument. If it gives just one person pause then it's worth it.

Sweeping under the rug never solves anything.

I don't think you do know what I'm saying, though. And I don't get your presidential comment at all. I'm my sweeping anything under the rug. I'm saying this social rhetoric isn't going anywhere. It's a dead issue. Some people think he's racist, other people see it as political incorrectness or an attempt to target Trump. The only thing beating the dead horse accomplishes is allowing for all press to be Trump press. It doesn't help.

You're essentially comparing the GOP's nominee for president with a blog commenter.

What? No I'm not. I'm comparing him for someone who happily manipulates the media so that he's the center of attention 24/7. It's not something we've seen before. To suggest I'm merely marginalizing him as a blog poster is ridiculous. I never said we should pretend Donald Trump is powerless.

I'm not sure why you are telling us this. Are we giving him free press here? If this thread didn't exist, do you think that CNN would stop running him on TV all day? And all the other channels too? And all the newspapers, and magazines and late night talk shows, etc? You basically want/expect the public to not discuss what appears to be the only storyline the news media are pushing on us, which just isn't realistic at all. The media is about $$ and will NEVER give up having him on screen 24/7.

Who is "us"? Geez.

And no, I didn't say "if this thread didn't exist, CNN would stop running him all day." Why is everyone drawing conclusions that what I'm saying is outlandish? I'm saying you should talk about the real issues. And stop watching the garbage news.

I understand the larger point, the one about how the media have erred by making every issue two-sided, even ones where one of the sides should not be entertained as legitimate. But saying "This major party candidate for president is so bad we should not even talk about him" is taking that way beyond the logical extreme.

Holy shit. I never said "don't talk about the major party candidate." I implied that people should stop listening to his obvious troll bait, as it only benefits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom