2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in Democrat-land

Saturday Night Debates setup by the DNC are such a racket to protect Hillary. Poor Bernie & Martin.

I love how it created a feud between Tulsi Gabbard and Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Tulsi wanted more debates and so DWS disinvited her from the first Vegas debate. Cat fight !

Meanwhile in Democrat-land

Saturday Night Debates setup by the DNC are such a racket to protect Hillary. Poor Bernie & Martin.

I love how it created a feud between Tulsi Gabbard and Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Tulsi wanted more debates and so DWS disinvited her from the first Vegas debate. Cat fight !

What are you basing this on?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

While that's troubling, we should be fair and say that 19% of Democratic respondents supported it too.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I can't say I'm surprised by either of these poll results. A notable portion of Americans really seem to have a fixation with wanting to bomb foreign locations.

12341398_1181623765200142_4667598125718354160_n.jpg

What are you basing this on?

That's basically what went down...and it's so damn obvious that the paltry amount of debates and their odd airtimes (once a month when relatively nobody is watching) show that Debbie is trying to protect her queen. Any cable news network would be proud to host a DNC-sponsored debate whenever asked as they run circles around everything else those networks air in terms of ratings...yet Debbie contended recently that tonight's debate, for example, had to air on the Saturday before Christmas against an NFL game because there weren't any other options. :doh:

2015-12-18-1450475625-2594400-DebbieWassermanSchultzHillaryClinton-thumb.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-mogulescu/fire-debbie-wasserman-sch_b_8841576.html

Can't wait for Hillary to show her double sided nature when she goes after Bernie on live television over this "scandal" from his campaign when he basically did her a service at the first debate by brushing aside the e-mail issue as a distraction from the real issues.

Last edited:
The massive omnibus bill is another betrayal of the Republican base by the establishment. They're so out of touch with their own electorate. They just handed Trump a 1 trillion dollar campaign contribution.

The massive omnibus bill is another betrayal of the Republican base by the establishment. They're so out of touch with their own electorate. They just handed Trump a 1 trillion dollar campaign contribution.

Right, because Trump is so small government?! Who is out of touch here?

I feel it's this attitude that is what's out of touch.

Politics used to be about compromise. You get two (or more) parties together to try and reach a deal/agreement that benefits their base. Like life, you can't always get what you want. So you meet somewhere in the middle, or close to the middle.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose out. The point is to make a case that can hold up to review of potential flaws....you know, so it's a good deal.

Instead, it's ALL OR NOTHING. If it doesn't fall into an ideal, then cannot support it no matter what.

Everyone is to blame.

My hope, and a few others have said this, is that Trump blows up the GOP, and we get a more moderate conservative base. One that actually wants to curb spending, but doing so in a smart manner (like the military budget), instead of killing all the social programs. Cause really, it's the poor people that are fucking everything up.

It would also be nice to rid the party of it's crazy religious base too. Let them have their own party, and see if they can get elected on what they stand, instead of the hijacking of the conservative party that happened decades ago.

So that's my hope with Trump. Blow it up, put it back together again.

I feel it's this attitude that is what's out of touch.

Politics used to be about compromise. You get two (or more) parties together to try and reach a deal/agreement that benefits their base. Like life, you can't always get what you want. So you meet somewhere in the middle, or close to the middle.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose out. The point is to make a case that can hold up to review of potential flaws....you know, so it's a good deal.

Instead, it's ALL OR NOTHING. If it doesn't fall into an ideal, then cannot support it no matter what.

Everyone is to blame.

My hope, and a few others have said this, is that Trump blows up the GOP, and we get a more moderate conservative base. One that actually wants to curb spending, but doing so in a smart manner (like the military budget), instead of killing all the social programs. Cause really, it's the poor people that are fucking everything up.

It would also be nice to rid the party of it's crazy religious base too. Let them have their own party, and see if they can get elected on what they stand, instead of the hijacking of the conservative party that happened decades ago.

So that's my hope with Trump. Blow it up, put it back together again.

:up:

I'm actually a registered Republican (it's so I can engage in sabotage and I live in a heavily blue state, Oregon, so it doesn't matter) and I'm voting for Trump in the GOP primary because if he wins the nomination it will destroy the GOP. Which at this point will actually be a good thing because the GOP needs to self-destruct so a rational center right party that isn't beholden to the nutjobs of this country will take its place.

You all are getting your wish, because the Republican party is fracturing as we speak. It is too late for anybody except Trump or Cruz in the Presidential Primary. The Democrats already have a playbook to taking on a Bible-Thumping Conservative Texan like Cruz. If Trumpocalyspe occurs out of the ashes of Cleveland all bets are off.

The traditional metrics signal problems with his favorability among women and Hispanics. On the flip side he is generating enthusiasm among voters that have been disappeared from the ranks of either voting block in the past several elections. Mainly rural whites from Blue States in the rust belt i.e. PA-OH-IN-MI-IL-WI-MN. 7,000,000 of these voters didn't show up for Romney (count in the "Mormonism is a cult" Evangelicals). Hispanics may not matter much in PA, but the "lunch-Bucket Blue Collar crowd" could swing the state into a battleground.

The Democratic party is shedding some of those blue-collar voters that formed the traditional base of the party from FDR onward. The Democrats have a fracture as well in retaining these voters as well, who aren't on board with the leftward lurch the party has taken since Clinton. Increased immigration is threatening these pro-union voters, who may be more inclined to get in bed with a "populist, shoot from the hip" Trump, rather than a Bible Thumping Conservative.

Just be careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom